10+ Year Old Account

Is it worth to learn and put effort to learn sub..

...since subtlety will be redesigned in legion?I ask bcs tbh never ever play that spec in my life and find a little(ehm...) bit harder then assassination and combat. The thing, why I wanna learn spec is bcs I think it is very funny, roguish and obviously the best dps spec atm, but not sure is it worth to put now effort in learning spec bcs of redesign and changing in lets say 7-9 months...

thx in advance...cheers!!!

Go to icy veins and they will explain everything.

It isnt hard. Only depends on what you will be doing. For PVE its just a rotation like every other spec. For PvP its harder.

Worth it? Yea, its fun. Just go respec and try it. But I belive it comes down to you as a person. If you like 1-2-3 spam, it probably isnt for you. But if you are like me and like a bit more tricky combinations where you have to use your brain a bit to get max out of the dps, then yea. Especially since Sub is THE spec atm.

But if you are only thinking about playing Legion, no. Dont bother. Just do whatever you are doing now.

I do like the idea of opener -> combo point generating attack -> finisher rinse/repeat. Seems exciting.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I think it's worth it just because you never tried it. Fooling around with a new spec is always fun. And it's not as if Legion was coming out any soon ...

Learning a spec takes a few minutes. Mastering it is more of a medium/long term thing, but then again, do you have to master it? I have several characters and while I do know how they all work and how their specs are properly played, I'm only really playing them casually "OK". That's still way above the average WoW player of course, but nowhere near "true expert" level. My main character is the only one I'm actually very good at. And I'm still clearly worse than I was years ago when I was still into progress gameplay etc. Who cares?

Not to mention the new Shadow Strike ability that can port you across the arena map. It's like shadowstep but without the max range requirement and it does ambush level damage upon use.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    also just another question if somebody can answer...I know bs is main cp builder and we use hh only if we can not use bs properly, but since I see in tooltip of hh that applying hh also bleed target is it wort to use hh at start and before expire to always have debuff on target bleeding for additional demage? According to icy veins hh is not part of any rotation except when you can not use bs, but myself thinking bleeding debuff is worth to apply.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes!
    Learn it as it is now in WoD. It's fun to learn a new spec, even if it gets changed later. It will make encounters more interesting as well as you have a whole new focus in addition to the encounter.

Find the guide from the guy in Method (can't remember his name atm). It's very good and he also explains opening with video and slow-mo and a very good explanation.

For sure, sub is the hardest but most rewarding spec.

Deleted
    Don't understand the positioning issue.

You shouldn't be DPSing from the front anyway.

The positioning requirement, not the rotation, is what has kept me from going sub as well. While obviously we want to be behind the target as much as possible, and while it's true the positioning requirement has been considerably liberalized, the fact remains that bosses spin, and sometimes RL's want everyone stacked for whatever reason, and there are times when you're stuck in front of the boss whether you like it or not. At times like these, I assume you switch to hemorrhage, but isn't that a dps loss?

If someone could give me a clear answer on this, i'd be far more inclined to give sub a try. Thanks for any and all help.

Deleted
    For me in PvE the positional requirements are not a problem ever since they relaxed the positional cone, meaning you can backstab also from the sides. But it most definitely is still a problem when you try to Solo content. It kinda bothers me about Sub, but oh well, I enjoy it alot more then I do Combat atm.

Learning the basics of sub now would be a good idea. It will make transition into the new sub a little easier.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    also just another question if somebody can answer...I know bs is main cp builder and we use hh only if we can not use bs properly, but since I see in tooltip of hh that applying hh also bleed target is it wort to use hh at start and before expire to always have debuff on target bleeding for additional demage? According to icy veins hh is not part of any rotation except when you can not use bs, but myself thinking bleeding debuff is worth to apply.
    It is a DPS loss to use hemo, so don't. Only time you should ever use hemo is if rupture fell off for whatever reason, or you can't backstab.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    The positioning requirement, not the rotation, is what has kept me from going sub as well. While obviously we want to be behind the target as much as possible, and while it's true the positioning requirement has been considerably liberalized, the fact remains that bosses spin, and sometimes RL's want everyone stacked for whatever reason, and there are times when you're stuck in front of the boss whether you like it or not. At times like these, I assume you switch to hemorrhage, but isn't that a dps loss?

If someone could give me a clear answer on this, i'd be far more inclined to give sub a try. Thanks for any and all help.
    Hemo is a loss yes, but if for whatever reason you can't backstab its all we have. Its far better than energy capping, and it still does do some damage. I think you'll find with experience though there is only a very limited time you will ever not be able to use backstab, the positioning requirements have been made far easier and I think your worried about boss movement needlessly. Its not like we have cast times, if the boss spins so can you.