Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thursday 12112015...

...are you scared or can not wait to see what will Blizzard deliver to us? I know for years rogue community ask for some major change in terms of play style, but now when we finally got something, on one way or another, I myself have mixed feelings. Since we will be only class for that day, I think big chanages coming...

10+ Year Old Account
    I HOPE big changes are coming. Rogue has become increasingly stale. When the only interesting thing about Rogues is a highly RNG dependent trinket you know something's wrong. Really excited for what they are doing with Combat/Outlaw.

I've loved my rogue no matter how good or bad he has been. That said, I would welcome sweeping changes with open arms. Not just excited for Outlaw, but just in general how they're going to set the specs apart from each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    I've loved my rogue no matter how good or bad he has been. That said, I would welcome sweeping changes with open arms. Not just excited for Outlaw, but just in general how they're going to set the specs apart from each other.
    I've loved rogue since I started playing hemo/prep spec in 1.12. Played sub since, my favorite ability in-game is easily Shadow Dance, and them removing it has me skeptical. But I like the idea of 5 CP = Shadow Dance. That said, there has to be an internal CD or possibly no more subterfuge. However, they are saying that they're moving talents around, that being said there is possibilities of things like Subterfuge and Shadow focus being able to stack. There are so many possibilities and questions that need to be answered. I just really hope they don't make sub as crazily broken as they're making it sound. Teleporting everywhere and doing ambush damage on top of that? There's gotta be a catch. At least I hope.

I'm cautiously optimistic about what's coming.

I wouldn't expect excessively big changes at least. I mean those that have been presented so far aren't drastically game-changing, more like adjustments to better fit the intended play-style and reduce the importance of certain secondary stats, as well as re-purposing of already existing things, spiced up with things that are new to the class, but not new in the game. There'll be something fresh for everyone, but even that may well go stale again after a while.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Nervously excited.

By my estimations, this will be the largest set of changes rogues have ever seen. It could easily divide the community, particularly Outlaw.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    I wouldn't expect excessively big changes at least. I mean those that have been presented so far aren't drastically game-changing, more like adjustments to better fit the intended play-style and reduce the importance of certain secondary stats, as well as re-purposing of already existing things, spiced up with things that are new to the class, but not new in the game. There'll be something fresh for everyone, but even that may well go stale again after a while.
    Survival, Shadow, and Disc have been pretty drastically game-changing for those specs. BM seems like it's going to have a completely new rotation and playstyle, same with Marks. Mages and Paladins are mostly the same, but the proposed talents are very much massively game changing. Rets with targeted teleport? Aracane mages that can do 4 blink bursts?

Sub looks like it is going to be a considerably different playstyle, talents shown so far change playstyle or utility drastically--and lets not forget the artifacts, which can fundamentally alter a spec's gameplay (like warlocks tabbing to kill ghosts in the middle of boss fights). The abilities/talents mentioned so far for Outlaw seem like the spec will be basically brand new. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two specs (Sub/Outlaw) didn't use energy anymore.

Here's hoping we get a poison vial finally.

Deleted
    As of yet, and I know we're last in line to hear much more about the upcoming changes but what are people thinking in terms of Artifacts? Are people currently planning on splitting their efforts between artifacts if it turns out Outlaw is still your cleave spec and Subt is your go-to single target? At the minute it seems like Artifacts are going to soak up quite a lot of time with leveling them, and what we've heard about the catch-up mechanics in terms of leveling artifacts for multiple specs have been vague.
    I'm the sort of person who has specs on stand-by incase a patch botches one and I no longer parse well with it. This makes me somewhat nervous to play a tri-dps class like Mage, Rogue or Warlock if it means I feel the need to have three Artifacts on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifter View Post
    As of yet, and I know we're last in line to hear much more about the upcoming changes but what are people thinking in terms of Artifacts? Are people currently planning on splitting their efforts between artifacts if it turns out Outlaw is still your cleave spec and Subt is your go-to single target? At the minute it seems like Artifacts are going to soak up quite a lot of time with leveling them, and what we've heard about the catch-up mechanics in terms of leveling artifacts for multiple specs have been vague.
    I'm the sort of person who has specs on stand-by incase a patch botches one and I no longer parse well with it. This makes me somewhat nervous to play a tri-dps class like Mage, Rogue or Warlock if it means I feel the need to have three Artifacts on the go.
    From what they've said the catch up mechanics should be good enough to easily keep a second spec caught up or close to caught up to your main one so if you're doing something like 'play Outlaw until you hit a single target boss' to swap to Assassination you should be good. If you want to keep all three updated, well that may be a bit trickier. We'll have to wait until beta to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifter View Post
    Will just focus one. With talent changes I think we'll probably lose that "This spec is absolutely required for multi-target" problem.

I'm terrified of what they're going to do to subtlety.

Shadow Dance is my favorite ability in 11 years of playing this game.

I get physically sick thinking about it.

I'm really hopeful, like I've always been. I just hope Blizz doesn't screw us like it always does.

They left us for last, again. I hope they don't keep putting us in the back burner and release our changes at 5 PM PST.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I'm terrified of what they're going to do to subtlety.

Shadow Dance is my favorite ability in 11 years of playing this game.

I get physically sick thinking about it.
    That's just sad.

Im quite looking forward to what we may have in store. I just have a feeling people will be disappointed, but I hope I am wrong.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Not worried at all. They can do whatever they want with the class and it will still be my main.

Adapt to the changes and be as good as you can be at it.

Do something to backstab, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Do something to backstab, tyvm.
    I dont mind backstab. Its intresting game mechanic and it also give you more of a rogue-feel when useing it.

inb4 Assassination - the spec that needs an overhaul the most - goes untouched while Subtlety - arguably the most iconic/fun Rogue spec - gets obliterated

10+ Year Old Account
    How late will they release it?

Hopefully in the next hour or so.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh