Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Paladin class preview hype.

Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Love the change of holy power for holy. Never liked that at all.

Lothar's Might looks awesome

edit: I like that there's a new way for HP to be generated with Blade of Justice. To me, this is good because of how much it'll speed up our damage for TV/DS. At the same time, it's going to be another button on top of the huge amount we have already.
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2015-11-10 at 01:06 AM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    Finally some synergy... still several ranged stuff, but seems like a move in the right direction... well done blizz, well done

Lothar’s Might

30 yd range, Instant, 30 sec cooldown
    Flings a blade of holy light to the target location. Reactivating will teleport the Paladin to the blade and strike nearby enemies for moderate Holy damage.

HotS tyrael reporting

Holy crap, its like they are repeating my words for last several expansions!

"So many of the Retribution Paladin’s abilities were ranged spells that they started to feel more like a caster than a melee crusader"

No shit... :P
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2015-11-10 at 01:08 AM.

We're going to be generating Holy Power a hell of a lot quicker now

also, what's Hand of Hindrance?

So Lothar's Might is like Demonic Circle: Teleport? Cool.

Whelp, looks like I'm pre-ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    We're going to be generating Holy Power a hell of a lot quicker now

also, what's Hand of Hindrance?
    Blade of Justice will really make it that much quicker? Do we know the proc-rate yet?

Edit: Sorry it clearly says 2 HP
    Last edited by deadmau; 2015-11-10 at 01:21 AM.

I like the removal of Holy Power for Holy and Protection. It doesn't make sense for healing and tanking, because those are reactive roles and they're busy enough as it is without worrying about an independent system. It's fun for Retribution though, which only has its own damage to worry about.

The move to a more close range Holy Paladin is cool. I'm not sure how well it will work out without being able to cast while moving, but it's a better idea to build from.

I really dig the idea of Holy Paladins being right beside a tank or in a dps mosh pit just dishing out heals.

actually this close range healing could make them the perfect tank healers allowing other healers to manage the dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    So Lothar's Might is like Demonic Circle: Teleport? Cool.
    Its like Tyraels ability from HotS actually... makes sense, as tyrael represents ret paly in hots

http://www.heroesnexus.com/heroes/19-tyrael

First ability in the list

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    I really dig the idea of Holy Paladins being right beside a tank or in a dps mosh pit just dishing out heals.

actually this close range healing could make them the perfect tank healers allowing other healers to manage the dps.
    Makes sense too, as holy paladins as they are today dont exist in the lore... paladins fought at the front lines and healed at the same time, healers that stood back and didnt fight were Priests only... All paladins were leading the charge according to lore

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I like the removal of Holy Power for Holy and Protection. It doesn't make sense for healing and tanking, because those are reactive roles and they're busy enough as it is without worrying about an independent system. It's fun for Retribution though, which only has its own damage to worry about.

The move to a more close range Holy Paladin is cool. I'm not sure how well it will work out without being able to cast while moving, but it's a better idea to build from.
    I have a feeling that Beacon of the Lightbringer will be mandatory for a lot of encounters... especially if they continue to have abilities that only target ranged/healers. I just hope that it's not on the same talent tier as Beacon of Faith.

I'm really excited for all of these changes. The removal of HP for Holy I like. Lothar's Might seems cool as heck.

Looks like utter shite for prot.

Retribution changes look like fun. Protection ones are probably fine, but could work out feeling better or worse depending on how they play in practice compared to the holy power system. I'm very concerned that the new Holy mastery is going to feel absolutely horrible and clunky as heck to play with, like an arbitrary limitation on your positioning that feels like a downside more than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Giant Shield artifact. Blessed Hammer.

Crusader, reporting for duty.

Loving the look of Lothar's Might as well.

But remember boys and girls, what they showed here are merely the basic foundations of each spec. We'll have to take Artifact traits and other talents into account before we discuss the depth.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2015-11-10 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadmau View Post
    Blade of Justice will really make it that much quicker? Do we know the proc-rate yet?
    It's not a proc, it's just another melee spell.

With that said, I'm retracting my statement. Considering they're scrapping HP for Prot and Holy, they might as well just scrap it for Ret.

I mentioned the Heroes of the Storm Tyrael as a potential inspiration for Paladin abilities going forward, but I didn't expect this. It's cool, but I'm wondering why it's named after a warrior who died shortly after paladins were created.

So we have Holy Paladins, Survival Hunters and Demon Hunters to welcome in the heat of battle? Looks like all the cool kids will be present.....and 1 hunter spec :P
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

My fear for ret with BoJ being added is what they are doing to Exorcism and HoW. If Exorcism is being removed and Judgement doesn't generate HP like it says then they are basically adding a new melee ability in the play of Exorcism that generates HP for both it and judgement.