Poll: For or Aagainst Holy Power?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

For or against HoPo?

Title says it all, if Blizzard sees the forums, maybe it will help give them a clear idea of the populus of the for and against Holy Power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im game for removing it for prot and holy. Someone dedicated to saving lives shouldnt need to wait for more holy power imo. It works well with ret. I completely agree with them, and I thought about it before I knew what was happening.

I have hated holy power on my holy pally since it was introduced. There was nothing fun about it, I rather Word of Glory and LoD just have a shared cooldown.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should of specified for ret! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightypally View Post
    I guess I should of specified for ret! :P
    Yeah. I voted for holy power, because I think it is a good fit for ret. Its not great for prot or holy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah. I voted for holy power, because I think it is a good fit for ret. Its not great for prot or holy.
    this exactly.

Against Holy Power, and every other incantation of it on other classes.

It's shitty, lazy design.

Deleted
    I am for HP for Holy, but only if the spenders are meaningfully different from the regular heals. Back in Cata I really loved the instant WoG for when I needed a bit of extra burst healing, and I could choose to spend it immediately or hold on to it a bit in anticipation of future mechanics.

The current WoG is fucking boring though. Basically just a free FoL.

Holy Power is a good idea, everybody should have a secondary resource like that. Not sure it was the best in its current implementation, but the solution is definitely to just change how it's generated and what HoPo spells do instead of axing it for various specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    i quit my holy paladin when they introduced holy power. i'm glad its gone. maybe il have to dust her off and get back into the old paladin ways.
    Hi

Deleted
    HoPo worked well with one out of the three specs and they removed HoPo from that spec. The spec, which imo, played worst with HoPo managed to keep it however.

I had been against holy power since the beginning. It made me hate my paladin, and I only played him to reach max level for the first time each expansion, since he was my first character to reach max level. After that, I shelved him for another class (usually my demon lock). For 3 expansions, I hated my prot paladin. And now that I am rather certain that I will never play WoW again, they remove it from him. But honestly, that isn't enough to make me want to play it.

Can't comment on holy or ret, as I sucked at holy, and I refuse to play ret (despite his second spec being ret, which I never bothered to remove since Cata).

Honestly from the very first implementation it felt like a mechanic for ret, and was then shoehorned into the other specs. At this point in the game I've learned to live with it for holy/prot but would love to give it a try again without it. For prot right now it's basically the same as rage for warriors with less means to spend it.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2015-11-10 at 06:50 AM.

I abhor Holy Power for Holy. Our healing should not be gated behind generating charges like that especially since who needs what kind of healing won't follow a nice rotation.

Ret is totally fine with keeping it. In the case of a DPS it's an interesting mechanic.

Prot... Could go either way. The MoP/WoD style of stacking haste to get more from the rotation works well and I'd prefer that over relying on bullshit RNG procs relying on auto-attacks of all things. If Blizzard was able to keep the charge system while making haste directly speed up gaining charges without RNG then I'd call that acceptable. Our core single active mitigation ability should not be gated behind any kind of randomness because it's far too punishing when the effect doesn't go off and there was no way to play around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Oops, voted wrong.

I really like it for Ret, in its current incarnations. It sucked horribly when it was first introduced.

Neutral for Prot; I think I'll end up preferring charges of SoR over HoPo

Taking it away from Holy I think I'll like; I've never really been a fan of what it's done to the healing style

It serves good for Ret. For Holy, it is meaningless, so I am glad it is gone. For Prot I don't care.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

The poll is a bit weird. If you know that Holy Power is gone, you also know that it stays for ret... So imo you could've asked if we feel ok with the changes or something, because atm blizzard wouldn't be able to figure much out from this.

I'll say the same thing as others. For holy it only feels like a burden... healers should use whichever heal they find suitable in given situation, and not being forced to use rotation.

For ret it's kinda neat mechanic that makes the rotation more interesting (at least for me).

For prot I personally think that it would be good with and without Holy Power.

Holy power is just combo points repackaged and its stupid design for an "in-your-face" plate wearing melee class. Id reroll rogue or feral if i wanted combo pts.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about it. I never liked it and always thought it was dumb but it's not an unbearable burden. You mash buttons with it and you'd mash buttons without it. If there was a cooler system replacing it then yeah, I'd like something else. Just taking it away and having just boring CD shit? Garbage.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

For ret and prot, I think it's fine. For holy, makes NO damn sense.