Range rogue spec

I put this in general, but I think it's better to put it here.

Now that survival is a melee class, what if we have subtlety be a ranged spec that specialize in dual wielding throwing knives/Shurikens, NINJAS!!! To me I think this would make throwing knives no longer useless, and add a new range class that uses physical attacks since the only one that has an range auto-attack is hunter. it also makes it so there aren't 2 dagger specs for no reason.

What can they bring. Well we already have deadly throw and shuriken toss. Other stuff could be Star rain, the rogue jumps backwards and rain down shuriken/throwing weapons in a frontal cone. They can throw a giant throwing star that cuts through enemies, The rogue can activate the ability to cause the giant star to explode dealing aoe damage around it. They can mark other targets, causing your attacks to bounce to the marked target, kind of like a reverse beacon of light.

they can hide in the shadow, they are quick so they can get in and out of melee range quickly. They like to confuse their target, so shadow clones, smoke bombs, Dummy targets, substitution.
    Last edited by Rodney422; 2015-11-10 at 07:02 AM.

This was speculated a bit but if I'm not mistaken the idea has been shot down by blizzcon and/or blue posts post blizzcon. If nothing else the artifacts pretty well confirm we're not getting a ranged spec. Assassination and Sub get twin daggers and combat swords, so they're not getting a Survival type overhaul, even if sub/outlaw are getting reworked.

Deleted
    I'm well up for something like additional specs introduced down the line instead of more classes, and a ranged rogue being one of them. I don't think it'll be happening any time soon, but it's a pretty exciting thought, and it's one I have quite often.

Imo, we could probably have some mid-range spells with outlaw but not a true ranged spec like hunter.