Priest Tank spec

So I was looking at discipline priest and I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool that priest could tank by abusing bubbles. This in my opinion could make for a unique tank, where instead of dodging and blocking, priest must use their bubble to mitigate damage. Of course this would make healing confusing, so a passive would be added to help them out. So here is how I think a priest tank would go.

1. Mastery: Holy Shield - 10% of all overhealing done to the priest would transform into a shield capping at 100,000(+15,000 per 1 mastery) damage absorb. This way, the shield cannot be healed to the point where it becomes impossible to take off.

2. Super squishy: As a priest and clothy, you are super squishy, the moment your shield collapses, you would not last long. Meaning, keep your shield up or you are a goner.

3. Buff management: as stated before your bubble is your only means of survival, so the spec should tailor to making your bubble as sturdy as possible, Firstly, each point of damage done by the priest reduces the cooldown of Power word:Shield by 1 second. New Passive: Infused light - If you cast powerword:shield with another shield already active on your character, increase the damage and duration of your current shield. Also, when outside combat, place a powerword shield at maximum absorb that last until attacked.

This is a work in progress, but tell me what you think

Could be cool. But I think priest is the wrong fit for this. Would make more sense as a separate class all together IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney422 View Post
    So I was looking at discipline priest and I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool that priest could tank by abusing bubbles.
    Isn't that spec called brewmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by rosastolemyseat View Post
    Isn't that spec called brewmaster?
    I guess so, but instead of managing stagger, you manage your bubble. I think it a bit different. The priest is trying to keep his bubble up, while brewmasters are trying to purify the best stagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney422 View Post
    I guess so, but instead of managing stagger, you manage your bubble. I think it a bit different. The priest is trying to keep his bubble up, while brewmasters are trying to purify the best stagger.
    So.. a DK then? But on steroids?

But overall - it wouldn't work. They would either be OP as hell - essentially taking no damage, or squishy as hell, dying to smallest hits.. We've already seen how OP bubble abuse can be, if you give it to tank, who needs reliable dmg reduction, big CDs, and generally good self sustainability - you are looking at an imminent disaster in form of godly power.. There is a reason why they are cutting absorbs down, finally..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    (tanking) Doesn't fit the class at all. If you want to tank you picked the wrong class.

Deleted
    Maybe its nice if a prie can have a spell
    Say like 30 sec 1 min be a copy of a other player
    So it vam be a tank for a moment

7+ Year Old Account
    How would you deal damage or keep renewing your shield when it has a cd and your shield gives?

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    How would you deal damage or keep renewing your shield when it has a cd and your shield gives?
    Smite. attunment, just your regular damage spell.