Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well if it's a first main so not an alt that became a main, you should really do everything everybody else did.
    They might add something later down the line that awards a 735 with even less effort, but that would have to be long into the 795 realm to appease all the folk who would cry blue murder about how they 'did this thing for that long why should get it for free...'

If they added a catch up for the HFC element then you could, if you're really serious about an alt becoming a main, get a legendary ring pretty quick. Whether it's X or Y ilvl is nowhere near as important as simply having it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    To be fair the upgrade is neat and all but in the grand scheme of things I doubt it makes or brakes and app into an atleast somewhat decent guild.

Method killed Archimonde without rings. But it's the competition on the individual level that counts. For a current guild progressing most have 770+ and it's annoying never getting the chance to catch up before everyone is 795.

The game has gone overboard with welfare rewards that have almost no bearing on skill and effort, only on log in times.

And the artifacts appear to be the successor.

So people who use more times are more rewarded, seems fair to me. It would be more welfare if someone started to raid now, got handed the Legendary ring in a couple of weeks, then have it the same ilvl as everyone else who have worked on it for ages.

What if you stop bitching, and do it if you want it, and don't do it if you don't want it. And why would it even be imporant to be "competative" when you are months behind? If you want to be competative, join up when the race starts, not when it is pretty much over and people only compete for parses.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    This isn't Cookie Clicker. We appreciate performance sometimes. A combination of Firelands' with these welfares would be the ideal, everyone would be able to get them, but, there would be acceleration if you did hard mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    And then you have the upgrades though.
    Alts don't need upgraded rings. Upgrading is meant for mains only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post

Alts that can't raid end game aren't interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I think you (and many others) are underestimating the power of the upgrades. A 795 ring is over twice as powerful as the base legendary.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

I have on main, ivl780 but I dont have it any of the alts. I wanna get it on hunter and atm im on 8/33 so I need a long way to go. This many months into HFC patch Blizzard should give us some catchup method for this part of the legendary chain. Or give anyone who has one legendary ring option to start from the last part on any number of alts. It would still take you 20 weeks from today to get it to max level ( and that only for one spec - so 80 weeks if I wanna get all 4 on my druid ) + at least 3 weeks to get all items you need from HFC ( but with average drop chance of about 70% it would take even longer ). Its absurd amount of time....
    Last edited by markos82; 2015-11-12 at 03:07 PM.

It'd say it's most definitely worth it. Like you said the only lame part is the shipyard but unfortunately I'd say 20% of the chains can be obtained via garrison missions or the shipyard.y suggestion would be yes 100%. Like you I just started to pve in wod. My hunter hit 100 11 days ago and if I'm lucky I might get the 715 ring before Tuesday but if all else fails I'll be on the tomes by this coming reset.
    You're going to want a mage tower for sure if you don't already take advantage of how amazing that building is for shipyard missions.
    But ya for even heroic content people just won't be willing to bring you in via pugs without real solid gear. The ring is really all about managing your missions and doing the lfr until the final stage.

Good luck.

Deleted
    id say, yes.. it can be hard to find grps without the ring

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Alts that can't raid end game aren't interesting to me.
    Then you should have worked on those alts from the start, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Then you should have worked on those alts from the start, simple as that.

This isn't a job, it's a game. In cata it was great. I could roll a tank and if you had the skill you could go end game relatively fast.

Now you are gated behind that hard coded system to be replaced by worse players that only logged in more.

Took me 3 weeks to get the ring on my alt pally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    Took me 3 weeks to get the ring on my alt pally.
    from 640? yeah right. Impossible.

Deleted
    Was able to get 20 tomes by week 2 on my priest after I returned (still have 2 more bosses left, and I missed one last week). The drop rate seems surprisingly high considering all the bitching and whining on wowhead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    How many alts actually NEED the ring as opposed to simply WANTING the ring....
    Theres always this guy....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do it. Why not? It gives you another side-goal and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Shipyard is primary method of catchup for 6.0 and 6.1 stages. Forget about the apexis quests,that's way too expensive. Shipyard will get you there in few weeks without the need to grind so many bloody crystals.

Unless you already have load of them and nothing to spend them on ofc. Then feel free to burn it on this quest.

I got orange ring on 2 characters: my main and my primary alt (sort of main). Other characters stopped at Garona. Essentialy up until Garona you can do this quest without any serious grinding involved.

As for the archimonde ring upgrades, yes it's a massive PITA to upgrade it to max, but it's just a long-term content nerf. 735 ring is a massive upgrade over the 715 one, but further upgrading your ring you really don't gain that much. Just the ilvl goes up a bit, so you do slightly more damage during the effect. I can't really see guilds demanding you to have 760+ ring. Basic 735 is good enough.
    That's just 2 sets of dailies for 25 abrogator stones/75 elemental runes. It's definitely worth it and is nowhere near expensive. I managed to get my new alt from no ring to 715 in what, 5 weeks? And that was without doing the garrison missions, my followers weren't levelled up/geared for them yet. Only shipyard, catch up drops + weekly catch up apexis quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    I managed to get my new alt from no ring to 715 in what, 5 weeks? And that was without doing the garrison missions, my followers weren't levelled up/geared for them yet. Only shipyard, catch up drops + weekly catch up apexis quests.
    That was my experience too, but someone claimed to do the full ring in 45 days. 5 weeks = 35 days. You can't get 33 tomes in 10 days. That's why I was baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That was my experience too, but someone claimed to do the full ring in 45 days. 5 weeks = 35 days. You can't get 33 tomes in 10 days. That's why I was baffled.
    On my huntard alt I hit 100 last monday, managed to get my highmaul mission done on tuesday after reset so you could call that 2 weeks but i will call it 2 days, I am nearly done with 710 ring or 715 whatever it is, i just need 1m shipyard mission, so 10 days for 710 ring and will be working on tomes over the next few weeks so i would estimate 4-5 weeks with some good rng for 735 ring