World PVP change is needed...

Ashran was a disaster and so are the ques and the idea of standing in an area waiting to get into a zone.

I just think they should just stick to what they do well and know. Bring some good 40 vs 40 maps in LEGION. old style alterac valley type maps where you have objectives like burn down towers and rebuild them while fighting a lot of foes. Make the honor based on objectives and cool quests done inside the 40 vs 40 map. Make it its on pvp button and make battles long and objective with quests. No penalty for people leaving half way through and honor is given while you in game so you dont feel like you wasted time if you leave after 25 min.

I just think pvp need a whole new breath of life. Even arena needs a fun play style option like the game SMITE, add that directly into the game. SMITE ARENA is fun, 5 v 5 ---- kill..... and try to take the points away. currently 5 v 5 arena is horrible because once you die you do not resurrect, but imagine if you could come back every 10 seconds-----for a 10 min match and counted who died more times or however you do it.

anyways, there is my typical "i want more pvp ideas" rant

thanks

Creating new stuff isn't really necessary where we have perfectly functional maps that could easily facilitate this type of gameplay.

Change Alterac Valley, Isle of Conquest, Wintergrasp, Tol Barad and even a streamlined Ashran (get rid of events and make it just about conquering the enemy's stronghold) to last 1 hour+ and move them to their own queue.

I would love to play AV games that actually gave me a chance to summon the elemental lords. I would love to play Wintergrasp 40v40 again. Isle of Conquest can be such fun when it's about defending your base instead of ignoring each other. So much potential.

Deleted
    I agree, they have to provide more BGs with different objectives and play styles at some point. I am still hyped for a DotA-like BG and hope they will implement it some time in the future. It's sad and disappointing that they don't have any plans adding BGs in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    First, the lag in WPVP should be solved.

They really don't even NEED new battlegrounds. For some reason they haven't figured out that they could fix the ones that are already there to make them more engaging like they used to be.... AV was neutered so much down through the years it's not even a 5% fraction of the original. Just this BG alone could easily breathe so much life back into the pvp community. Imagine if we could actually play objectives and set up premades with premade enabler like we used to? They hall all of the tools needed all they would need to do is adjust scaling. It's mind boggling that they don't see this or choose not to.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It amuses me to no end that the act of actually fighting has become so utterly meaningless with regards to HP/CP generation. You can duke it out for an hour straight, but if you dont have the necessary quests, or if you arent fighting in the right spots over the right objectives, then you come out of that brawl with fuck-all to show for your time.

Wpvp is meaningless and doing anything for it is pointless tbh. I mean it can be fun and timeless isle was fun, but that not due to the pure wpvp. What you need is a must be in pve area and a system that allows people to attack those pvers for a reward - and you have all the world pvp you want. Not that that is a 100% good thing.

Deleted
    Isnt World PvP gonna get ressurected ?

No flying and perma events all over the world ? Go PvP server = win. I honestly hope its gonna be vanilla blackrock good, but even if world pvp becomes a small thing again iam happy.

Who cares about new battelgrounds, id play arathi/warsong every day till the end of my pvp life rather than this shitty mine bg. And they just cant make 20 new arathis/warsongs, already did 2 copies of them.
    Last edited by mmoc69671c0e93; 2015-11-12 at 02:00 AM.

Deleted
    World PvP was killed in multiple steps:
    1. Phasing since WotLK
    2. Redesigning the Quests in Cataclysm with the priority to provide you relaxed questing without be disturbed by other players.
    3. Complete removal of World Farming Spots (fe elemental plateau) to hold the number of bots down

There will be no more World PvP in the current enviroment and I doubt anyone wants more AV or IotC. As a player with Conqueror on 4 different chars without even playing much BGs since 5 years, I always blacklist these 40 bgs.

Ashran was a nice attempt and when I did the Warlord of Draenor title in the very beginning of WoD (completed it in december), it was a very epic feeling. I turned of the interface, zoomed into ego perspective and turned on epic music. I am so sad I havent done a 1 hour montage. Serious it still gives me goosebumps watching 100 Hordes and 100 Allys fighting each other with the big Stone Elemental and the huge Tree oneshotting one after another. But this was not the case anymore after it gets patched and patched to reduce waiting time and help players getting their goals faster. That resulted in groups running circles instead of never ending slugfest.

What I could imagine to create the enviroment you are looking for, is somekind of Netherportal where you get a complete random map with complete random players fighting each other. A zone where time is irrelevant, where you can use cool ingi stuff and everyone who is there is there for just cool pvp scenes. An enviroment that fits into moviemaking and all kind of creativity. This could also be done by Mapmaker Tool by the players.

The last thing I want is more linear content like they did with all parts of the game. Even goldmaking is now a linear system ... make alts and do your garrison. Just want some freedom back~

Ed: For Arena I say since TBC I want 4v4 with static roles - Tank - Heal - Elemental DPS - Physical DPS or Tank / Heal / Hybrid / Pure Dps and Solo Queue. But the only comment you saw by Holinka was 2 dps 2 heal yuck. The guy lacks in imagination and the truth about arena is, it is played only by a few who make money out of it. 0.5% get gladiator. The prob is there are guys with 5 twinks on the first page. And exactly these guys boost all day long other guys. Dafuq is this shit? It feels so stupid to invest any time into arena. But another bigger problem is, there is no one to play with. As a horde player, you have to make an ally alt to have some potential arena perspective. As an achievement grinder, missing only a few pvp achievements in the end of the addon, I still don't wanna play this shit because it always ends up with undedicated and toxic players.
    Last edited by mmocd869703629; 2015-11-12 at 04:24 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main PvPers were horde. After spending three months working on tying to get my Gnome kills, i gave up on the title. Over the course of several weeks i managed to get seventeen gnome kills. For some completely mysterious reason, i managed to get the Manslayer title from human kills in a few hours.

With ashran participation being what it is nowadays, i realise that its not going to happen. Its a shame that you cant work on them in BGs as well.

Going forward, i really like the notion of kill-count or objective-count based rewards and title for WPvP. Some form of rewards beyond HP/CP, which quickly becomes meaningless.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-11-12 at 02:54 PM.

Since when are Ashran and bgs world pvp?

Deleted
    Ye was asking me the same question.

World PvP = PvP in "leveling" zones. Everything else is a BG/arena/Ashran type of BG.
    World PvP is where you kill ppl that are running around doing quests/gather for the new challenge modes/do events.

In my mind world pvp will be great, atleast it has the best chance to become a thing again in years.