Quick question:

1. I went from 41% crit to 37% crit in order to keep my 4 piece on. I have heroic gloves, heroic chest, normal legs and normal shoulders. Is that worth it? My vers went up by 2-3% and my int went up by about 200 or so.

@MCC I'm in the same spot. Got a heroic warforged 900 tier cloak that's a downgrade from my drape. Feels real bad. Still trying to get a titanforged 880+ drape though.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-02-10 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Still trying to get a titanforged 880+ drape though.
    Don't we all...

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Quick question:

1. I went from 41% crit to 37% crit in order to keep my 4 piece on. I have heroic gloves, heroic chest, normal legs and normal shoulders. Is that worth it? My vers went up by 2-3% and my int went up by about 200 or so.

@MCC I'm in the same spot. Got a heroic warforged 900 tier cloak that's a downgrade from my drape. Feels real bad. Still trying to get a titanforged 880+ drape though.
    I had a similar issue with 2 pc and having to drop tons of crit - ultimately, the spreadsheet will help clarify it for you. If you see a really distinct increase (like e.g. 550k instead of 500k HPS, or 10%) over not using 4 pc, then I would at least try it out for a while. How this translates to your actual performance will depend on how well you can juggle 2x IoL procs at a time though.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I had a similar issue with 2 pc and having to drop tons of crit - ultimately, the spreadsheet will help clarify it for you. If you see a really distinct increase (like e.g. 550k instead of 500k HPS, or 10%) over not using 4 pc, then I would at least try it out for a while. How this translates to your actual performance will depend on how well you can juggle 2x IoL procs at a time though.
    Do you by any chance have the link to the spreadsheet? I'm pretty sure I used it before but it might be outdated or a different one since it was from a while ago.

Also, it seems like most pallies are hanging out at around 40% crit after getting the 2/4 set. I can easily hit that if I just equip the tier cloak rather than the shoulders but the drape of shame is messing it up.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-02-10 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetchee View Post
    Thanks man appreciate it.

Edit: Yeah dropping the 4% crit is really worth it considering I gain over 2% vers (~1000-3000), gain about 194 int and gain a decent amount of haste. All that + the 4 piece. Now I just need to get my crit back up a bit slowly.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-02-10 at 08:06 PM.

Three screenshots for your viewing pleasure... the talents, legendaries, and trinkets used by the holy pallies who are parsing at the 99th percentile level in Mythic Night hold:

Last edited by Hawg; 2017-02-13 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why would you not just link the site?
    I intended to have the images display in-line like they are now on my edited post. But I was writing from my ipad and ran into difficulties, and wasn't able to correct the post till now.

All the settings are visible if someone wants to view the data directly. But here they are just in case they can't figure it out.

Talents

Trinkets

Legendaries

Also another interesting chart, this one on the 75th percentile:

Same at 99th percentile:

(much easier to do links on a real computer)
    Last edited by Hawg; 2017-02-13 at 09:05 AM.

Not sure how I feel about the latest percentiles TBH - we'll always be a staple healer in most heal comps because of Beacon/Blessings and cheesing stuff with Sac/Devo, as well as our tankiness, but Resto Druids are becoming increasingly difficult to compete with in terms of throughput these days

Poor MWs are falling behind as usual though, and they don't even have any utility to make up for it :/

Deleted
    How do parses get weighted though. Just looking over it I get the feeling that each boss average has the same weight, that is the one low parse for Augur and Elisande dragging Holy Paladin down massively in the overall ranking. There is not a single fight where MW performs better than Paladins, but they're slightly ahead over all fights?

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    How do parses get weighted though. Just looking over it I get the feeling that each boss average has the same weight, that is the one low parse for Augur and Elisande dragging Holy Paladin down massively in the overall ranking. There is not a single fight where MW performs better than Paladins, but they're slightly ahead over all fights?
    Well you can sort by individual bosses, or change the difficulty (heroic vs mythic) or change the percentile an dyou will see different results:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=99

Deleted
    Hey guys I got a quick question.
    How much fact should I put into this spreadsheet (the light and how to swing it).
    I've been talking to the fellow hpala in my guild and he says I'm crazy for wanting to exchange my drape of shame (855) for the set cloak (giving me 4set)

When I enter all my stats into the spreadsheet and unequip my drape for 4 set it gives me a boost in hps.

So question is:
    Do I keep my drape of shame or replace it with 890 version set-cloak for 4set bonus?

Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Taelane/simple

(will eventually go with the set gloves, thus giving me 4set anyways but still until then)
    Last edited by mmocceb9dc1028; 2017-02-14 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Wintendo

From what I understand from lurking in this forum is that the Drape of Shame bonus is quite significant. I use one personally that is 865 ilvl, and using a script from the monk forum (not sure its accuracy 100%), that determines the effect based yon current crit levels and changing that to the stats you would need to get to outweigh it, the bonus is worth 56 item levels. Basically unless you have a 921 cloak (in my case) the Drape is better.

This however is a little more complicated with 4 set. I would say the goal would be to obviously get another piece as your fourth and get both 4 set and Drape equipped. In the meantime I feel like the spreadsheet has been pretty accurate for me to date.

The script if you want:
    /script local lvl=0; local int=GetSpellBonusDamage(4)*GetCritChance()/1000; while true do int=int-9.44-lvl*0.474; if int>0 then lvl=lvl+1; else print("The ilevel value of DoS Equip effect is:", lvl); break; end end

Deleted
    Guys, Obsidian Stone Spaulders and 2set (HC back and normal chest), or 4set (HC back and HC Shoulders, normal chest and normal hands)? Second legendary eq is waist. I have also Prydaz and shit-boots

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...winus/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc23157c42bf; 2017-02-14 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    prydaz + 4set probably but your best bet is throwing your options at the spreadsheet

prydaz + 4set probably but your best bet is throwing your options at the spreadsheet
    The one problem I have with the spread sheet is it gives me the option to see my HPS with chain of thrayn equipt/unequipped but it doesn't give the option to do so with other legendaries.

So for example, if I put "chain of thrayn:unequipped" my hps would drop according to the spread sheet, but I can't tell if it would be worth swapping out for a different legendary because there's no other "equipped:x legendary" option. So if I wanted to see my hps without chain but with velens future sight, I can't.

Unless I'm missing something.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-02-15 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Yup, that´s exactly my problem. I can see how much crit I would lose, but no information about legendary shoulders...

Deleted
    you have shoulders and prydaz in your logs. velen's value is listed with the trinkets. you have to manually piece it all together but the info is there.

you have shoulders and prydaz in your logs. velen's value is listed with the trinkets. you have to manually piece it all together but the info is there.
    Yeah that's what I've been doing. Would still be easier though but it's all g.

Edit: Well, there's our tier 20 2pc and 4pc. Kinda interesting, I actually like the 4 piece. Seems like the tier set bonuses focus on Aoe a bit more.

Item - Paladin T20 Holy 2P Bonus (New) Light of Dawn has up to 40% reduced cooldown based on the current health of your targets. More reduced cooldown when it heals lower health targets.

Item - Paladin T20 Holy 4P Bonus (New) Light of Dawn grants you Dawn's Light, increasing the healing of your next spell by 25%.

So basically, if you use LoD efficiently you can have really really good uptime on it with the 2P. Along with that, 25% increased healing on our next heal after using LoD. That seems really good and also seems to syngerize well with the 2p.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-02-15 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

I wonder if I should change one of my Holy relic.

- What I have currently equipped: 890 Holy relic - Increases healing done by Holy Light and Flash of Light.
    - What I have in the inventory: 900 Holy relic - Reduces the cooldown of Blessing of Freedom, Blessing of Protection, and Blessing of Sacrifice.

Should I equip 900 relic? I don´t know if the stats it provides are better than the % of the healing of HL and FL the other has.