"In addition to being a no-cooldown instant spell, the healing of LotM is increased by Crit and Mastery (while the damage is not). However, one change that didn't make it into this build's data is that LotM will no longer flow through Beacon of Light."

Lol'd. Guess they really want us to have only 2 spells on our bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    "In addition to being a no-cooldown instant spell, the healing of LotM is increased by Crit and Mastery (while the damage is not). However, one change that didn't make it into this build's data is that LotM will no longer flow through Beacon of Light."

Lol'd. Guess they really want us to have only 2 spells on our bar.
    I was thinking about rolling a holy pally for the first time in Legion but with every change I feel the game gets more boring for hpals.

RIP LoTM, aborted in the pre-alpha womb.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Shock on CD, Flash of Light if you get infusion and it is needed, fill with Holy Light spam. We may LoD on cd, possibly, especially in high movement fights.

Legion Hpal shaping up to be Wod Hpal 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeathebelle View Post
    Holy Shock on CD, Flash of Light if you get infusion and it is needed, fill with Holy Light spam. We may LoD on cd, possibly, especially in high movement fights.
    Assuming you have the mana to use Flash like that now that spirit is gone and HL/HS cost was increased

AW is two minutes now, did I see that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    Assuming you have the mana to use Flash like that now that spirit is gone and HL/HS cost was increased
    Yea hopefully the tuning is right to allow high output use of FoL like other healers use WG/Chain Heal/etc sometimes.

Otherwise it wouldn't even be WoD 2.0, it'd be Highmaul 2.0, but with an even longer holy shock cd. HS 4x HL, much engage :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Floopa vs HPals
    lol

LotM still seems good. holy shit buttons are always good imo.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    From the shaman thread, this is how wellspring works:

30 yard range, a cone, hits unlimited targets, heals everyone the same amount as the first hit of chain heal does. Basically how LoD should work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    From the shaman thread, this is how wellspring works:

30 yard range, a cone, hits unlimited targets, heals everyone the same amount as the first hit of chain heal does. Basically how LoD should work.
    That spell is obviously completely overpowered, I guarantee it will not remain that way.

Deleted
    Oh look at that they change the whole purpose of martyr but thill keep the self inflicting dmg part...

Wellspring vs. LoD seems totally fine to me...
    I guess we all agree high impact spells should be super easy to get off for full potential and shit spells that do nothing even if all conditions are met should be real skill shots.

Fcking blizzard logic.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2016-01-28 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    LotM still seems good. holy shit buttons are always good imo.
    With current coefficients, with 2 beacons up: Without beacon transfers, LoTM healing per cast time is about 18% of a flash of light, and about 30% of a holy light. It's only 32% as much hpct as a Light of Dawn that only hits 2 targets, lol.

Unless someone will literally die and you are completely incapable of planting for a second or two to cast at them, AND LoD is on cd, LoTM will simply not be worth the gcd, and certainly not worth any mana (assuming mana cost stays).

Edit: note that this is, of course, net healing--just like SLT, you have to subtract the damage the spell does from the healing it does to evaluate its actual net healing.
    Last edited by Jeathebelle; 2016-01-28 at 03:27 PM.

Edit: note that this is, of course, net healing--just like SLT, you have to subtract the damage the spell does from the healing it does to evaluate its actual net healing.
    Considering this, one thing to test once holy pally is available is whether or not the passive DR trait from the artifact reduces the damage taken from LotM. (as that would increase it's net healing somewhat.)

Only thing I like about LotM is that it is shadow word death for pallies in pvp. If you time it right it can break cc effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Considering this, one thing to test once holy pally is available is whether or not the passive DR trait from the artifact reduces the damage taken from LotM. (as that would increase it's net healing somewhat.)
    It more than likely will affect LotM, but that still won't matter. Even with Stoicism (30% DR), 10% DR from the artifact passive, and Divine Protection (20% DR) active, we'll still only get a net of ~300% Spell Power from Light of the Martyr. That's less than any other heal we could cast before it transfers anything to Beacon.

I don't mind the idea of an instant cast heal that's both inefficient for HPM and HPCT so that we won't use it outside of movement, but the added risk of possibly killing ourselves is way too much. I'm really struggling trying to see how this ability could ever be balanced in a way that we would use it for movement, but not spam it during a regular rotation--assuming they stick with the theme of it doing a non-negligible amount of damage to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Moistie View Post
    Only thing I like about LotM is that it is shadow word death for pallies in pvp. If you time it right it can break cc effects.
    We don't know that, and I think it's unlikely.

Death works by doing damage, and then reflecting a portion of that damage back. The damage on you lands second, therefore allowing it to land after a cc.

By the way the spell is worded, it will probably take your hp first thing. Nothing is coming back at you in the milliseconds after the cc lands.

They could design it the other way, but the best we can say now is that "maybe" it would be SWD for pallies.

- - - Updated - - -

If they either removed the mana cost, or the health cost, then it would be more viable as a "I must move, LoD and HS are both on cd, and therefore hitting LoTM is better than nothing for this movement phase." But with it costing mana AND HP, I really don't think it'll be worth it. The conditions are so restrictive. (1) HS and LoD both on CD, (2) mandatory movement you can't stop to FoL during, (4) enough mana you don't mind wasting it, (5) enough HP you don't mind losing it, and (6) no high-impact mechanics looming that might gib you after you cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    baseline spell should heal for the same as a level 100 talent

4Head

also wellspring is obviously op right now

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    baseline spell should heal for the same as a level 100 talent

4Head

also wellspring is obviously op right now
    I'd be happy to invest a talent in it. Change Daybreak in t90 from 3 second cd reduction to range/target increase.

I'd be happy to invest a talent in it. Change Daybreak in t90 from 3 second cd reduction to range/target increase.
    level 90 talent xd

i love how you expect to have something similar to wellspring (even though it's obviously overpowered) and still keep your st healing prowess

EleGiggle

Infracted. Stop disrupting the thread
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-01-28 at 06:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    level 90 talent xd

i love how you expect to have something similar to wellspring (even though it's obviously overpowered) and still keep your st healing prowess

EleGiggle
    They just want a no cd free spell which could both heal and absorb for 10x healing of Revival.