How much tuning was done for WoD with the Legion systems?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamguard View Post
    Paladins have been one of the best healers for Mythic+ on Beta. I don't know what you're talking about.
    About us starting to get a crap reputation as 5-man healers. Whether or not it is justified is another subject entirely.
    As for mythic 5-mans, we'll probably be unable to compete with druids, anyway.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I had predicted this couple months ago, it may not have to do entirely with healing but the fact the group doesn't want to be slowed down by a healer who can't keep up with the group. Paly's may do fine in beta, but the bottom line is if the community which is not just paladins aren't happy and feel like they are not worth bringing for whatever reason it will be an issue. Already ret is being singled out of some raids. I am guessing it may be more about the movement issue then healing but unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkah View Post
    I agree with Dreamguard (and I usually do), Holy Paladins are doing fine for Mythic and Mythic+ on Legion Beta (we would do even better with a battle res or self res and a stronger tank CD! but we are doing fine).
    Maybe in the beta yes whit the artifact and so on to help, but on live we are missing it and it bonuses and it pretty clear when you are tanking having a priest instead of a paladin makes a huge diffrence and holy paladins are painfully slow,bad in aoe healing & lack utilty. (They also seem to use more mana leading to mana brakes if you keep to high pase)
    I guess the paladins speed also makes it harder to heal since they have problem staying near the tank.
    Last edited by Thundering; 2016-07-22 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Maybe in the beta yes whit the artifact and so on to help, but on live we are missing it and it bonuses and it pretty clear when you are tanking having a priest instead of a paladin makes a huge diffrence and holy paladins are painfully slow,bad in aoe healing & lack utilty. (They also seem to use more mana leading to mana brakes if you keep to high pase)
    I guess the paladins speed also makes it harder to heal since they have problem staying near the tank.
    Respectfully I disagree. With class trinket and virtue pallies are exceptional in mythic dungeons currently, and I found that they were no harder (if they even were hard) than before prepatch. Paladin speed in dungeons is irrelevant unless the pally is just standing still not moving and the tank is mounted running away, in no way is there an issue with being in range of the tank. The mana is only really an issue if you have no idea what you are doing or are immensely undergeared. We are talking about dungeons right? If we are talking about raids its slightly different. But if you are having painfully nightmarish experiences in mythic dungeons with a holy pally, then you are with a holy pally who has no idea what he/she is doing anymore.

Deleted
    Quick question for a spreadsheet I am trying.

Stat priority for legion as follows:
    Intellect
    Critical strike
    Versatility
    Mastery
    Haste

How can I work out stat weights?

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Respectfully I disagree. With class trinket and virtue pallies are exceptional in mythic dungeons currently, and I found that they were no harder (if they even were hard) than before prepatch. Paladin speed in dungeons is irrelevant unless the pally is just standing still not moving and the tank is mounted running away, in no way is there an issue with being in range of the tank. The mana is only really an issue if you have no idea what you are doing or are immensely undergeared. We are talking about dungeons right? If we are talking about raids its slightly different. But if you are having painfully nightmarish experiences in mythic dungeons with a holy pally, then you are with a holy pally who has no idea what he/she is doing anymore.
    Well try being a protect pala whit knight templar and then see how the holy paladin does most of his heals while standing still and you pull whit 1 pack whit no cd and 2 packs whit cds(+1 in hcs). Soon the holy pala will be oom and i as the protect pala will be standing around and wait for the holy pala couse he cant keep upp or is low on mana, that my exp from live mythics and timewarp. Whit the artifact he would be able to use the extra heal cd & bonus heal cd evry second pull=P
    Last edited by Thundering; 2016-07-22 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Respectfully I disagree. With class trinket and virtue pallies are exceptional in mythic dungeons currently, and I found that they were no harder (if they even were hard) than before prepatch.
    Not everyone has the class trinket. It still didn't drop for me, despite bonus rolling it x2 some weeks. Also, justifying healers' unbalance with a powerful trinket that we'll no longer have soon may not be the best approach

The mana is only really an issue if you have no idea what you are doing or are immensely undergeared.
    Or, the DPSers have no effing clue and stand in effing everything on trash packs (bosses are a joke now). So you have to spam heal them. And if there are two DPSers doing the same sh*t, your mana can get down really quickly. And that's after the hotfixes.

Also, with pruning and stuff like removal of spirit, it seems that the skill ceiling for healers was severely reduced.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Not everyone has the class trinket. It still didn't drop for me, despite bonus rolling it x2 some weeks. Also, justifying healers' unbalance with a powerful trinket that we'll no longer have soon may not be the best approach

Or, the DPSers have no effing clue and stand in effing everything on trash packs (bosses are a joke now). So you have to spam heal them. And if there are two DPSers doing the same sh*t, your mana can get down really quickly. And that's after the hotfixes.

Also, with pruning and stuff like removal of spirit, it seems that the skill ceiling for healers was severely reduced.
    I suppose you're right, but now and for months pallies have been week without that trinket, much lower than other healers. If dps stand in stuff and the healer goes oom I'm not entirely sure that's the pallies fault then. It sounded like the poster i responded to was a tank. Prot paladins are very squishy if you dont have the correct stats or gear to mitigate, or you aren't entirely sure how to deal with the live changes. I wouldn't blame the healers for everything although we do usually screw everything up.

so at 110 i still wear the class trinket? still that good?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    so at 110 i still wear the class trinket? still that good?
    Pretty sure it'll get disabled above 109 (or nerfed to hell)

i dont think it will work @110 more than a week. blizzard nerfs that stuff very fast.

The class trinket has zero benefit at 110.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    so during prepatch i have been having a ton of fun blowing stuff up as a shockadin, it seems to put up decent numbers and is kinda fun, any ideas if we can get a viable spec.build for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Pretty sure it'll get disabled above 109 (or nerfed to hell)
    its disabled after lvl 109.

Anyone have a good Rule of Law Weak Aura string set up yet? I kinda want it to work like my old HoPo Auras, where there'd be a line of circles under my character, and each time one generated, it would make a sound, and when I maxed out, it'd make a different sound. It'd also make another sound whenever I activated a HoPo spender so I could keep track through both audio and visual cues. Was very helpful and I'm hoping someone could make one for Rule of Law that would function similarly. Here's what I'd ideally like it to do:

1) Shows the Rule of Law Icon, and tooltip on mouseover
    2) Displays a small graphic like a little circle under my character (where the new 'resource bars' show up) and plays a sound when Rule of Law is at 1 stack.
    3) Displays another small graphic next to #2 and plays a different sound when Rule of Law is at 2 stacks.
    4) Plays a sound when Rule of Law is activated.
    5) Plays a sound when Rule of Law wears off.

How is PVP healing in Legion? Haven't played since mid-MoP and my heals are so weak. I heal like 6-8% with my casted heals.
    It feels so low, I can't top my teammates at all.

Do you guys have any thoughts already on how we will spend our artifact power when legion comes out?
    On beta, I went straight for the power of silver hand, but I have my doubts now. In 5-mans for example, I don't see myself holding back holy shocks for a bigger buff to it. I don't even see myself tracking it. Even though I've made a weakaura for it, it's just there.
    What is the overall net gain with this trait compared, for example, with Protection of Tyr.
    For mythic and mythic+, is it better to just go straight to The Light Saves?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    Do you guys have any thoughts already on how we will spend our artifact power when legion comes out?
    On beta, I went straight for the power of silver hand, but I have my doubts now. In 5-mans for example, I don't see myself holding back holy shocks for a bigger buff to it. I don't even see myself tracking it. Even though I've made a weakaura for it, it's just there.
    What is the overall net gain with this trait compared, for example, with Protection of Tyr.
    Dreamguard wrote the guide on wowhead which does have a section on spending artifact power, seems good to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    You should never be delaying a cast of Holy Shock. The buff shouldn't change that either, it lasts for 10s whether you cast a Holy Shock or not, it's not consumed on cast. The Light Saves is probably one of our worst traits. :/
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.