10+ Year Old Account

Talking Why are you excited about Legion?

I am trying my very hardest to be excited about this expansion but, I cant seem to find a reason too. I have no interest in playing a Demon Hunter and I'm not much of a raider. I thought that if I read someone eles reasons for why they are exited it may help.

So....

What are the reasons for you to be excited for Legion (other then the new Demon Hunter Class)?

Thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueKueen View Post
    I am trying my very hardest to be excited about this expansion but, I cant seem to find a reason too. I have no interest in playing a Demon Hunter and I'm not much of a raider. I thought that if I read someone eles reasons for why they are exited it may help.

So....

What are the reasons for you to be excited for Legion (other then the new Demon Hunter Class)?

Thanks
    Well let's see....

10 more levels
    new content
    new raids
    new pvp system
    new transmog system
    Artifacts
    new legendary world drops
    new reputations
    new dailies
    new lore
    new leveling zones
    zones scaling with you
    Sylvanas because she's been my favorite since like ever. 10/10 would marry in a fairy world
    class revamps
    12 class (not going to play it but nice to see new integration)
    new items
    new mounts
    new dungeons
    new challenge mode concept

I mean.... I don't really understand how after all of this you're not excited? Maybe it's time you put wow on the shelf for awhile. Been there done that. The closer we get to the expansion, the more they will announce and I'm sure at least one thing will intrigue you.

Deleted
    It's the next installment of Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft video game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    It's the next installment of Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft video game.
    Pretty much this ...

Deleted
    That specs might feel unique again, and I agree with the poster above on ever point. But I will probably just farm the rest I need on my chars this last months of 2015, then stay unsubbed whole winter - spring until it gets closer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzerbb View Post
    Well let's see....

10 more levels
    new content
    new raids
    new pvp system
    new transmog system
    Artifacts
    new legendary world drops
    new reputations
    new dailies
    new lore
    new leveling zones
    zones scaling with you
    Sylvanas because she's been my favorite since like ever. 10/10 would marry in a fairy world
    class revamps
    12 class (not going to play it but nice to see new integration)
    new items
    new mounts
    new dungeons
    new challenge mode concept

I mean.... I don't really understand how after all of this you're not excited? Maybe it's time you put wow on the shelf for awhile. Been there done that. The closer we get to the expansion, the more they will announce and I'm sure at least one thing will intrigue you.
    Yeah that pretty much sums it really plus the Burning Legion theme (based Xpac) as well, which is by far one of my favorite along with the Lich King (Scourge, Northrend etc) as well. I liked WoD a lot but not the same vibe as the others. Pandaria was really nice as well, was a change of pace.

I'm not.

Some of the class changes pique my interest, though whether those will make up for the prune remains to be seen.

Changes to dungeons also interest me. We'll see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean the only real new things are the class changes, class halls, and the relic weapons on which we know little about.
    I mean I don't really see how, with as little detail as we know, you are so excited? I mean sure these things have potential but until I see something concrete detailing them I'm not falling for the hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean the only real new things are the class changes, class halls, and the relic weapons on which we know little about.

I mean I don't really see how, with as little detail as we know, you are so excited? I mean sure these things have potential but until I see something concrete detailing them I'm not falling for the hype.
    Exactly this. This is how I feel as well. Most of what was listed isn't exactly a new feature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigosa View Post
    Yeah that pretty much sums it really plus the Burning Legion theme (based Xpac) as well, which is by far one of my favorite along with the Lich King (Scourge, Northrend etc) as well. I liked WoD a lot but not the same vibe as the others. Pandaria was really nice as well, was a change of pace.
    I agree! I was just leveling through Wotlk the other day. Oh the feels *_*

Deleted
    because i am hoping ffor a better darker more desperate story that i hope a legion invasion would make

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post

I'm excited because it's different. I liked wod for the first month. After that I was like eh. Just the things they have announced tickles me. And the sheer layouts of the zones. Try thinking less and observing more. Instead of being in the mentality of, omg, 1 new skill for my class and a new raid in a game that has 10 years of raids, yay.. look at it like this. What the hell, that tree has a face on it!?! Omg that blueberry bush just tried killing me. Just look at the smaller details you typically ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueKueen View Post
    Exactly this. This is how I feel as well. Most of what was listed isn't exactly a new feature.
    It might or might not be a new "feature" but most of it is/are iteration(s) of current things. Change of pace.

I've heard whispers somewhere of being able to join multiple guilds. That's something I've been waiting on for a long time and would love to see actually happen.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also I've played this game for almost 8 years. 8, years. Every time an announcement is made I get excited. Would you rather play a game that sees no change, or would you rather play a game that see's tweaks and changes here and there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    I've heard whispers somewhere of being able to join multiple guilds. That's something I've been waiting on for a long time and would love to see actually happen.
    I would totally be excited about this if it become a real thing.

I'm most excited about the pvp changes.

If there is one reason it would be that:
    The team really wanted to decrease the amount of time between expansions, so in Warlords they went with one major content patch. Not having the breadth of content and different patches like they had in previous years ended up being a mistake and is something they are going to change with Legion.
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Series-Paladin

I don't care if expansions don't come yearly but come every 2 years as always. But I hope Legion won't be half assed piece of filler like WOD was.

P.S. And transmog system, especially the part you'll be able to mog into quest items you've thrown away or didn't pick as reward. There's a belt from Nagrand quest with unique model, but sadly I picked polearm as a reward and now I realized they added another with the same model, but no belt.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2015-11-10 at 04:26 PM.

Some of the changes are interesting but I can't say that I'm excited. Nothing mentioned screams "BUY ME" and I'm still pissed at how they are doing flying and holding that back past max level till some random date to release it so thats a pretty big deciding factor for me and class halls / garrison rehash is just UGH content. Best they so far is artifact weapons and some class changes but I can't get excited about that till I know more.

So, Waiting to see what else gets added and taken away but for now, not really excited.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-11-10 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzerbb View Post
    Also I've played this game for almost 8 years. 8, years. Every time an announcement is made I get excited. Would you rather play a game that sees no change, or would you rather play a game that see's tweaks and changes here and there?
    Of course I would love to seeing changes but are these small changes truly worth 50$(guesstimating from previous expansions).

10+ Year Old Account
    We have threads like this in our Legion subforum. Please use an open thread there.