Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I would pre-order it today if they sold it with 3 X tokens from an in-game vendor. It would be a profit to them on top. A month of token brings them in more when multiplied by 3.
    I thought that too... Accept Blizz doesn't make money on the gold-bought version. What wouldve happened is a ton of people wouldve sold out the tokens instantly, causing a skyrocket in gold price... Which i believe for every one person buying the token via rl money would come, but not enough to make thatych of a profit over their current presales...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    too late, I'm enraged

you're about to wipe
    Here take my Krol Blade i swear its from 2004 wow
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    How old are you? Grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Here take my Krol Blade i swear its from 2004 wow
    I'm going to shove that Krol Blade up Uranus.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were able to pre-order wow from vanilla on, so if anything they have more successes than fails when it comes to pre-ordering. Also, the things they showed me (since I can only speak for myself) for Legion makes it look to tons better than what they showed me for WoD, so I'm just going to pre-order my physical CE as soon as possible.

I can understand why people would feel like the OP does, I just don't share that opinion.

I forecast an expansion as bad as WoD. Class Halls = Garrisons, artifact weapons = legendary quest + FF copy, no new battlegrounds, New class <- I give you this one, but it is not enough. How long are the subs going to fall now in this 11 month gap now that we won't be able to see numbers. Subs are going to fall to 2m, get to 5 mil with Legion and fall back again before the first quarter and WoW will die from here.

Old game is old.
    So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Not only am I going to pre order (physical CE) but I'm considering doing a digital pre order for the boost, then contacting CS for the difference when I get my box.

You may as well replace the title with "Collective Do not preorder anything!". Preorders ruined game industry, they spoiled devs up to the point when they give zero fucks about how their games perform on release day, because at that time they already had gigantic profits from preorders. And look how it turned out to be. Every major game release nowadays is just like that: instead of enjoying a playable game you get laggy, buggy piece of shit, and have to wait for months for a game to be fixed, because it is nearly unplayable otherwise. Instead of pouring resources into developing the game itself, devs nowadays pour resources into hype train, to trick players into preordering. And it will get only worse, unless people will stop doing preorders once and for all...

...Sadly, it is nothing but a single voice of sense against a storm of mindless consumers.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerias View Post
    I have immensely enjoyed every Blizzard product I've ever ordered. I reward their performance with my faith in them as developers and money to continue creating a products I want to see more of.

Sorry if you've confused your own opinions on something with 'the truth'.
    good for you if you like the steaming pile of dogshit that's WoD

that doesn't change, yes, the truth however that you are not from the future and therefore don't know if you'll enjoy Legion

and as a smart consumer you don't pay for products you don't know will actually satisfy you and you also don't pay for products before they're actually completed because why would you

now you might be the awesome exception to the rule and you'll 100% enjoy Legion even if turns out to be just as bad as WoD, congratulations sir

for the rest of us it doesn't work that way though
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-11-10 at 09:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridn View Post
    Or, you know, be an actual beta tester that provides concise and well thought out feed back.
    You say that like it has any meaning.

Companies don't use beta tests for any of that shit. At all. They're primarily just A) advertisements for word of mouth sales and test drives to lure people in, B) stress tests, and C) tests to catch anything major that they might have missed. They don't listen to any suggestions or other feedback "testers" (and I'm not using that term correctly at all) give. And if you're particularly cynical, there's even D) give the "hardcore raiding guilds" a headstart on beating their content. Because, somehow and for some reason, they think most of the players actually give two shits about them and their insipid and pointless racing.

It's adorable when people think otherwise though. I even bet you're one of those people who thinks the A is completely wrong, too, even though that's the main reason for it.

If they were serious about beta testing, they'd actually hire people who know what they're doing and who'll actually do what they're supposed to do (find bugs, test limits, look for exploits, etc.). Not just send random keys out to random people so they can come play the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    I forecast an expansion as bad as WoD. Class Halls = Garrisons, artifact weapons = legendary quest + FF copy, no new battlegrounds, New class <- I give you this one, but it is not enough. How long are the subs going to fall now in this 11 month gap now that we won't be able to see numbers. Subs are going to fall to 2m, get to 5 mil with Legion and fall back again before the first quarter and WoW will die from here.

Old game is old.

do you ever smile?

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    I'm sure your right but I now have Nibbles so i don't care

Deleted
    If I get Legion it'll be from a reseller, so I can save the money I overpaid on WoD. And since they don't offer pre-orders anyway...

It's a good thing massive numbers of people didn't preorder BC or Wrath or those may have been disasters too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Not only am I going to pre order (physical CE) but I'm considering doing a digital pre order for the boost, then contacting CS for the difference when I get my box.
    Yeah, I am generally pre-ordering the digital version and the physical Collector's edition. The former so that I am able to get the benefits of buying the digital version, the latter for the collection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Accept Blizz doesn't make money on the gold-bought version.

Why not? The theory is that it is based on supply and demand (even if I had disagreements that's entirely adhered to but that's besides the point). People buy the tokens with money and people buy them back with gold.

I do not believe it would bring an entirely big shift in the price if 3 tokens would buy the expansion.

The reasons are several,

1. Several people preorder for the perks

2. Several people don't have gold

3. Several people prefer buying

Day in and day out I notice people do not pay with gold and in fact buy gold. That's more common in richer countries. For some high incomes anything in this game is just cheap to a point of being almost free to them. So farming for gold is for them an entirely unnecessary burden.

Deleted
    do people that mindlessly pre-order things actually ask themselves 'why can I already pay the full price for a product that is months from being finished?'

I mean, does it ever cross their mind? because why not say the companies lol, while raking in all that money they haven't even earned yet and having the liberty to deliver a subpar product

you are the blind, unwitting (willing?) victims of modern marketing

and the troublesome part is that some of you seem to even be proud of that, like a mouse before it triggers a mouse trap, hey at least it got the cheese right

wake up
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-11-10 at 09:25 PM.

If you are just going to get the standard digital download there is really no reason to pre-order as they ain't just going to run out of copy's.... if you however are after the CE box there is a good reason to order early ... the amount of pre-orders are not going to change the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    The essential pointlessness of the thread has now been amply demonstrated with unpleasant arguments now filtering into the mass of people mocking the op.

Closing before this gets any further out of hand.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."