Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Was just listening to a NPR podcast about this. When the camera guy got too close to the demonstrators the demonstrators didn't like it, who would? So the demonstrators would say, "we need a black man" and this big angry looking black guy would come and stare at the camera guy and the camera would back off.

I found this amusing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Thunderfoot's generally amusing take on the event.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

"They're pushing me". "No you're pushing us". "No you're pushing me".

Damn... such softies. Can't touch someone without it turning into an all out war ahahahah.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    This is a timeline of basically how this all started and how things have escalated to this point.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/ne...0aab0bf74.html
    So what I got from all that...is a few students were called racial slurs by a couple random people.

They decided that "systematic racism" existed on the campus purely because an administration official didn't publicly say "Name calling is bad!"

And then got so obsessed with getting a man removed from office that they weren't really interested in pursuing any real change until someone "payed" for the social "crime" of not making sure everyone knew they thought name calling is bad.

Am I getting this right? I mean, I wasn't there...but that timeline reads like another story about how youth today don't have the backbone to shrug things off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    So what I got from all that...is a few students were called racial slurs by a couple random people.

They decided that "systematic racism" existed on the campus purely because an administration official didn't publicly say "Name calling is bad!"

And then got so obsessed with getting a man removed from office that they weren't really interested in pursuing any real change until someone "payed" for the social "crime" of not making sure everyone knew they thought name calling is bad.

Am I getting this right? I mean, I wasn't there...but that timeline reads like another story about how youth today don't have the backbone to shrug things off.
    Welcome to the regressive left.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    This is a timeline of basically how this all started and how things have escalated to this point.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/ne...0aab0bf74.html
    Thx for the context.

Hope they create a "Legion of White Collegians" to spark it up ahahah
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

You would think the protesters would welcome media coverage to get their message out, the whole thing was childish, especially on the teachers end.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You would think the protesters would welcome media coverage to get their message out, the whole thing was childish, especially on the teachers end.
    Come on my man, you gotta think bigger than just a little media coverage. No one cares about a "Bah blah blah" story. Nowadays, you gotta make something that goes "viral". Gets people all excited, gets people's blood boiling, gets people to run to their favorite forums and start a thread about how 100 people out of 35,000 acted silly. ideally it needs to pit at least 2 groups against each other and have puppies and kittens doing adorable things

That's how you get your story out these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Come on my man, you gotta think bigger than just a little media coverage. No one cares about a "Bah blah blah" story. Nowadays, you gotta make something that goes "viral". Gets people all excited, gets people's blood boiling, gets people to run to their favorite forums and start a thread about how 100 people out of 35,000 acted silly. ideally it needs to pit at least 2 groups against each other and have puppies and kittens doing adorable things

That's how you get your story out these days.
    Touche' my friend, Touche'

Ahhh, another day, another trendy hipster college movement.

Such entitled little brats. 5.8 Years... I am counting down the time, South Park!

I started to watch the video and once the chanting began, I wanted to pepper spray the lot of them. Couldn't even last a minute and a half inside the stupidity that is all of this lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Yet another story that could have been dealt with where it originated instead of becoming national "news". This isn't necessarily worth national attention. Plus, on this one, ALL parties are in the wrong. From beginning to end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Yet another story that could have been dealt with where it originated instead of becoming national "news". This isn't necessarily worth national attention. Plus, on this one, ALL parties are in the wrong. From beginning to end.
    How is the reporter wrong? He is legally allowed to document the situation.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Well there you go MMC-OT, that right there is a group of real life SJWs. They exist, they are a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    How is the reporter wrong? He is legally allowed to document the situation.
    yep... they are are on public property. They are allowed to walk anywhere they please, film whatever they feel like.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x6QKyx7GP1A

This is pretty much how that protest would end up if I was campus security.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even understand this.

The reporter is in a public space on a college campus covering a protest. This isn't some behind closed doors meeting where restrictions on media have some ground to stand on. The professors condoning the behavior should be fired and not be allowed to teach.