Page 78 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    I made a video on Destro spell visuals a few days ago. Drain Life is at 2:30.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ree3BHu2q0
    Thanks, seems like it's still the same. People had an image of the night elf in the destruction artifact questline having an update drain life animation.

Deleted
    Little question that popped up regarding Contagion talent with Soul Effigy.

All the damage that is duplicated to the Boss, does that damage benefit from contagion when it is applied and you have UA running on only the Boss?

Deleted
    So i tried a bit stuff with my 110 lock.
    As Affli ur single target dps looks really competitive.
    But my trash dps is just shit,cant do really much.
    I playing with Writhe in Agony,Contagion,Soul Harvest,Grimoire of Service and Soul Effigy.Pure single target.

For trash i tested sow the seed,drain soul and singularity,my dps was higher,but still not competitive.
    I currently switching between demo for aoe/trash and affli for bosses during dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post

All the damage that is duplicated to the Boss, does that damage benefit from contagion when it is applied and you have UA running on only the Boss?
    Sure, you can put contagion on the effigy and buff the dots on it, but that UA is dealing half damage. You will deal more just putting that UA into the boss instead of trying to get the contagion buff on the effigy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Sure, you can put contagion on the effigy and buff the dots on it, but that UA is dealing half damage. You will deal more just putting that UA into the boss instead of trying to get the contagion buff on the effigy.
    That was not my question...

Contagion only applies to the target you have UA on. Yes, you will attain contagion effect on effigy, resulting in an extra 15% damage on the effigy, and an effective 7.5% increase for the damage applied by spells you do against the effigy being reflected to to the boss, but this is lower DPS than keeping contagion on the boss and getting the full benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercell View Post
    Contagion only applies to the target you have UA on. Yes, you will attain contagion effect on effigy, resulting in an extra 15% damage on the effigy, and an effective 7.5% increase for the damage applied by spells you do against the effigy being reflected to to the boss, but this is lower DPS than keeping contagion on the boss and getting the full benefit.
    If I understood his question right, he was asking if contagion on main target is also applied to the damage that transits from soul effigy.

Soul Effigy makes me unsure about playing affliction. Seems like an unneeded pain

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Soul Effigy makes me unsure about playing affliction. Seems like an unneeded pain
    Well, it's hard to argue against "unneeded" when it comes to something like this. Of course it wasn't absolutely vital to the class design in Legion. However, it's at least... more interesting than the rest of the Affliction kit. Multidot Affliction is a bit more engaging than regular single target of keep dots up -> drain life. Effigy allows you to "multidot" on single target effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Call me a simpleton but I'm kinda with you on that. I see Soul Effigy as more of a pain than a plus. I sorta like the dot one target and drain style. I can see the other side of the fence though.

Deleted
    It's also a great general pick in stuff like challenge modes with prio adds. You can effigy the prio add and proceed to AoE, effectively gaining +1 target for SoCorr and increasing the damage on the target by default.

Also, just because Affliction has the talent, it doesn't necessarily mean you will always have to play with it.
    Last edited by mmoc7f25e17046; 2016-05-27 at 06:24 PM.

Have they changed Effigy to drop at its target yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Or better, give it a targeting reticle.

new soul harvest opinions (for aff)? i hate it, i'd much rather be able to start a boss at 5 soul shards...or use it as a follow up mid fight. 10 seconds of 20% dmg (single target boss) just seems stupid. I may be 100% wrong...but...yeah, i dont like. lemme know what y'all think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Nope still drops on the casters feet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goldfishie View Post
    new soul harvest opinions (for aff)? i hate it, i'd much rather be able to start a boss at 5 soul shards...or use it as a follow up mid fight. 10 seconds of 20% dmg (single target boss) just seems stupid. I may be 100% wrong...but...yeah, i dont like. lemme know what y'all think.

You will have a min of 14 sec with the buff (boss + effigy).

This spell is going to combine super well with burn phases with consuming souls, which is a 10% damage boost + artifact amp.
    Then factor in the fact that UA snapshots, you can get a final UA out with the 20% buff at 1.5 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post

To answer your question, after I took a cursory look at some of my dungeon logs, it does not look like Effigy gets any bonus while Contagion is on the target. I'll see if I can get some more examples to look at while running Contagion to compare. Good question, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post

This spell is going to combine super well with burn phases with consuming souls, which is a 10% damage boost + artifact amp.
    Then factor in the fact that UA snapshots, you can get a final UA out with the 20% buff at 1.5 seconds left.
    (I'm not playing a warlock) DoTs snapshot again? I thought they got rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    As a general rule they don't. In specific cases they sometimes do. For example, I know Feral Druids have some complex dance with their bleeds and cooldowns.

With this, the Legion version of UA isn't really a DoT like Corruption and Agony anymore. It's more of a nuke with the effect spread out over a short time window instead of applied all at once. That's why the damage stacks if you cast it multiple times, and that's why it calculates its full damage at cast instead of recalculating it every tick. The design intent is to reward good "pool secondary resource and dump during cooldowns" play, which it wouldn't if any UA cast when the buff had <8s duration left got reduced effect.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Only UA does, because it functions as a nuke (think of it as the Chaos bolt of Affliction. Only, it's damage is dealt over time)
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Well, it's hard to argue against "unneeded" when it comes to something like this. Of course it wasn't absolutely vital to the class design in Legion. However, it's at least... more interesting than the rest of the Affliction kit. Multidot Affliction is a bit more engaging than regular single target of keep dots up -> drain life. Effigy allows you to "multidot" on single target effectively.
    If there are mods which make the DoTs on Effigy easier to track then that would mollify me.

Personally I think the issue is Blizzard apparently thinks Affliction can only deal damage through DoTs.

Combined with Shadow Priests and Unholy DKs (to a lesser extent) having a similar playstyle and affliction generally being good, it often doesnt get makeovers it needs