Page 9 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    i'm curious on thoughts of perma corruption vs 20 stack agongy.
    Seems like if we add more things to juggle that's one GCD we don't have to spend to refresh dots and also leave room for Drain Life/Soul every X seconds you'd normally spend re-casting corruption.

but 20stack Agony when it is our priority dot now at least in terms of SS generation looks tempting
    comparing permanent corr and 20 stack agony is sorta pointless coz you can have both in your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned the changes on UA's tooltip. Bolded for emphasis:
    I mean, they basically turned it into Devouring Plague, so it makes sense that they'd make sure you didn't eff yourself over by refreshing it too early, like they did with DP.

Deleted
    Does this mean there is no more "stronger demons, Shivarra, Observer etc" for Grimoire of Supremacy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cajj View Post
    Does this mean there is no more "stronger demons, Shivarra, Observer etc" for Grimoire of Supremacy?
    Whit the changes to supremacy that we know of it does look like the alternate demon forms is not provided with that talent anymore.
    However I wouldn´t give up hope just yet, if anything I would guess they might turn up as minor glyphs so it would be possible to choose which demon you want on a demon to demon basis.

Hopefully this is part of laying the groundwork for allowing us to have different skins/models for demon families, like Hunters and pet families - starting with reducing us to a smaller base number of families. Probably a longshot, but I can dream ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    So... the talent they mentioned at Blizzcon that allows you to cast UA for a second time for free immediately after you cast it once. It's not on the talent tree, not among the passives either, I think. Has it resurfaced anywhere else (e.g. Artifact trait to unlock)? Or is it scrapped already? ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    So... the talent they mentioned at Blizzcon that allows you to cast UA for a second time for free immediately after you cast it once. It's not on the talent tree, not among the passives either, I think. Has it resurfaced anywhere else (e.g. Artifact trait to unlock)? Or is it scrapped already? ;(
    Contagion
    Passive
    After you cast Unstable Affliction, you can cast a second one for free, within 3 seconds.

Contagion now is a passive that makes UA work like how Haunt is on live, but it could be the older version and the newer one is the one they provided with the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    Contagion
    Passive
    After you cast Unstable Affliction, you can cast a second one for free, within 3 seconds.
    Wonder if this was intended to be for Single target as well, or just an unforeseen side effect of an idea to make multi target better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I'd assume the blizzcon stuff is right.

They've already said a lot of the stuff we datamined is leftovers that haven't been deleted / changed yet. Either way things should change when we see the actual current build.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Wonder if this was intended to be for Single target as well, or just an unforeseen side effect of an idea to make multi target better.
    I guess it depends if they cap the damage from a previous application of UA. A free double up, if uncapped, would be 'semi' interesting. If it goes completely uncapped you could happily rock, what, 10 UA stacks? during a disgusting burn phase or trinket proc.
    Last edited by mmoc37be4d93d6; 2015-11-24 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I think it works for single target as well considering the damage from the previous UA adds to the new application, so it's viable for single target too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darzhan View Post
    I guess it depends if they cap the damage from a previous application of UA. A free double up, if uncapped, would be 'semi' interesting. If it goes completely uncapped you could happily rock, what, 10 UA stacks? during a disgusting burn phase or trinket proc.
    ^ This . .

Quote Originally Posted by Darzhan View Post
    Technically 20, if you took the Soul Harvest talent.

--EDIT--

Except now that I think about it, with only an 8 second duration and a 1.5 sec cast time, you could get 5 stacks MAX at a time, before the damage from the first application would have run its course
    Last edited by Xorn; 2015-11-24 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'd assume the blizzcon stuff is right.

They've already said a lot of the stuff we datamined is leftovers that haven't been deleted / changed yet. Either way things should change when we see the actual current build.
    Indeed, very often the builds blizzard push out are incomplete due to on-going changes in many areas at once.
    They cant just tell every developer to stop what they are doing, to finish their current work so a new build can be pushed out to test the functionality of something specific unrelated to what most are working on.
    Therefore it is going to find things in various states of development or stuff that is due to be removed later.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    hmm, i wonder what happens if you pick the permanent corruption talent and get http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13380...at-convergence coz the remaining dmg is going to be a lot lol

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    hmm, i wonder what happens if you pick the permanent corruption talent and get http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13380...at-convergence coz the remaining dmg is going to be a lot lol
    That's auto BiS.
    Pve and PvP.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    That's auto BiS.
    Pve and PvP.
    ofc it is, it will basically force you into being afflic, i was just wondering how much the neck would tick for when it procced off something that is permanent, obviously there is a cap on it, or it would literally break the game and defeat the whole purpose of there being an itemsquish.

We already discussed this. It'll probably be capped at the maximum normal Corruption duration of 14s worth of damage. Which is a nice little buff, but given Corruption is the weakest of Afflic's DoTs it's not a game breaking one by any measure.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    ofc it is, it will basically force you into being afflic, i was just wondering how much the neck would tick for when it procced off something that is permanent, obviously there is a cap on it, or it would literally break the game and defeat the whole purpose of there being an itemsquish.
    Ehh. You could say that some other legendaries will also force you into Demo etc. It's really going to be a fight by fight type of thing. Swapping specs + gear/legendaries/talents. Which is somewhat nice. My interest is however... Can I use more than one legendary item? And with us moving more towards Diablo-esq drop system... Are the legendaries going to be BoA until equipped? (Which would imo make more sense than just having BoA) Else you could possibly be really limited into what you actually play. Say your alt is a paladin and you get that nice paladiny legendary... But you want to play warlock but you have 0 legendaries instantly making you unviable for raids. And then there is if the loot system would allow Warlock drops on non Warlock characters. (Not sure if I've missed this being discussed elsewhere mind you so all of this could be completely BS)
    Last edited by Yorindesarin; 2015-11-25 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    Ehh. You could say that some other artefacts will also force you into Demo etc. It's really going to be a fight by fight type of thing. Swapping specs + gear/legendaries/talents. Which is somewhat nice. My interest is however... Can I use more than one legendary item? And with us moving more towards Diablo-esq drop system... Are the legendaries going to be BoA until equipped? (Which would imo make more sense than just having BoA) Else you could possibly be really limited into what you actually play. Say your alt is a paladin and you get that nice paladiny legendary... But you want to play warlock but you have 0 legendaries instantly making you unviable for raids. And then there is if the loot system would allow Warlock drops on non Warlock characters. (Not sure if I've missed this being discussed elsewhere mind you so all of this could be completely BS)
    legendaries are Rare world drops, but not fully random. There will be ways to target specific items.
    Powerful throughout the expansion. When you get one, you will want to keep it for the entire expansion.
    Role, class, and spec based effects on the items.

I'm just now realizing that their idea of how to target a specific item probably means personal loot chance from a rare spawn (think: the blues that drop from Tanaan rares)