Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    From my testing the following seems to be the case.

Lord of Flames resets if:
    1. You die. (However Summon X may still be on cooldown).
    2. Raid boss dies.

Lord of Flames does not reset if:
    1. Dungeon boss dies.

I am not sure if it resets if raid boss encounter ends prematurely like those prepulls to reset CDs, I suspect it does.
    I have a solution to this: face-pull the first pack of mobs after every dungeon boss. 3 minutes is probably enough time to use is 2-3 times per dungeon lol

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Destro complaining about green fire? Demo and Aff have literally nothing.
    I've complained about that in their respective threads, and if you actually read my comments here you'd know I've spammed devs on twitter as to why Demo's demonbolt doesn't use green fire instead of orange with the green fire quest.

They also removed soulfire so that sucks even more.

If they are going to remove soulfire from demo they should have given it to destro.

Deleted
    Find your Implosion button. It is hilarious in 5 mans now. Blam and half the trashpack dead on pull
    How do you get enough imps to do that much dmg on pull? Or are you saying you build up imps on 1 trashpack and then blow them up on the next?

Edit: Sorry for offtopic, since this is Destruction after all

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Oops, I meant to say *destro* warlocks as it's my spec of choice. I switched to my slightly less geared fury warrior and it outperformed my destro in pretty much every way. (Which is sad since destro used to be very good in 5-mans before the Legion changes/nerfs.)
    I think you are doing something very wrong if that is happening, Destruction isn't a bad spec at all in 5mans. Try using GoSac + Shadowburn + Wreak Havoc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nighthold LFR just now - everyone scaled to same ilvl.

No addons, besides Skada.

Spec: Shadowburn/Entropy/Eradication/Sacrifice/Conduit
    Artifact: 3/3 Gold

Stats (scaled down) Haste 22%, Crit 21%, Mastery 76%
    Trinkets: Eye of Skovald, World Quest stat stick (INT/crit/haste gem)

Aluriel:

Star Augur:

Both of these encounters have some AoE, some cleave and plenty of Single Target.

Aluriel is single target and once a minute or so a bunch of adds spawn to AoE/cleave.

Augur P1 and P2 pure single target, P3 priority add spawns every so often and a lot of small adds running around randomly.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-07-29 at 10:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    I think you are doing something very wrong if that is happening, Destruction isn't a bad spec at all in 5mans. Try using GoSac + Shadowburn + Wreak Havoc.
    Yeah, I've tried that talent combination although most often I run with SB/GoSac/SoulConduit.

Perhaps our criteria for "bad spec" are different?
    Last edited by Uzkin; 2016-07-29 at 10:28 AM.

Nighthold LFR just now - everyone scaled to same ilvl.

No addons, besides Skada.

Spec: Shadowburn/Entropy/Eradication/Sacrifice/Conduit
    Artifact: 3/3 Gold

Stats (scaled down) Haste 22%, Crit 21%, Mastery 76%
    Trinkets: Eye of Skovald, World Quest stat stick (INT/crit/haste gem)

Both of these encounters have some AoE, some cleave and plenty of Single Target.

Aluriel is single target and once a minute or so a bunch of adds spawn to AoE/cleave.

Augur P1 and P2 pure single target, P3 priority add spawns every so often and a lot of small adds running around randomly.

You picked Shadowburn for both fights? Dies it worth for the adds every minute?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Yeah, I've tried that talent combination although most often I run with SB/GoSac/SoulConduit.

Perhaps our criteria for "bad spec" are different?
    Well I'm competing very well against equally geared rogues, death Knights, warriors and shadow priests in 5 mans. With hunters and mages being usually a little ahead but they are FOTM so. Don't have much reliable experience against other classes and I can't say that I'm competing against good players but I haven't played in three years myself so I know I'm far from perfect.

But maybe we do have a different classification but just because we are not beating the FOTM does not categorise Destruction as bad in my opinion. I think the spec is in a good place from a design perspective too. With a really strong toolkit albeit if used correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    You picked Shadowburn for both fights? Dies it worth for the adds every minute?
    Aluriel - It did 5.5% of my total damage with 38 events (so on target and possible cleaves on Aluriel), plus quite a lot of shards of course.
    Augur - It did 6.8% of my total damage with 43 events.

Whether it is worth it or not - I do not know, but I think it is, simply because it causes you to have a TON of shards and this results in a nice Eradication uptime, for example on Aluriel I had 57.7% Eradication uptime and Augur 61.1% uptime. Then of course it's good by itself because it's instant, usable on the move and so on - for example for Aluriel - when adds were up I had a lot of cases where I could keep up DPS while being fully mobile simply due to Shadowburn and you do need to move out of shit there.

Oh, god, DH's are going to be the new DK's. Maybe they'll even overtake the hunter population.

In my testing 58% eradication up time was average for patchwerk with soul conduit (50% without soul conduit). So you don't seem to be gaining much if any time there.

Though sb can still be good there, definitely solid on fights with a decent amount of adds.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Oh, god, DH's are going to be the new DK's. Maybe they'll even overtake the hunter population.

who cares people sporting cloth - fewer the merrier..!

Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    who cares people sporting cloth - fewer the merrier..!
    They're on Conq token.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    They're on Conq token.
    Last I heard we will get more tokens as a result. Salty grain must be used when reading this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    In my testing 58% eradication up time was average for patchwerk with soul conduit (50% without soul conduit). So you don't seem to be gaining much if any time there.

Though sb can still be good there, definitely solid on fights with a decent amount of adds.
    Well, I'm not the best player in the world to perfectly clip Eradication every time, however.

That said if I think about the context in which I used Shadowburn there, then I'd say instead I would either "lolderp" and just kept spamming boss or used something like Incinerate on add, which is quite a bit less useful.

My belief is that I gained quite a bit of shards and damage out of it, maybe I overestimate, but I was tagging low HP adds with burns and at some point I had to chain spam Chaos Bolt and RoF to get rid of all the shards flow... Shards must flow!

---

P.S. And yes, I secretly hope this Roaring Blaze abomination will only be used in Single Target encounters or maybe council at most.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-07-29 at 02:59 PM.

anyone have issue with tabtargeting?
    when i use havoc on a target and then using tab for picking another target my target automatically back to havoced target!

By any chance you know the gear (trinkets / legendaries) and artifact status of the ppl you competing against? Ilvl is now only part of the equation.

3/3 gold traits is a little more work than the average person has in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    By any chance you know the gear (trinkets / legendaries) and artifact status of the ppl you competing against? Ilvl is now only part of the equation.

3/3 gold traits is a little more work than the average person has in beta.
    I know, DH is 3/3, Fire Mage at Aluriel is 3/3. DH asked me so we exchanged some smalltalk, I asked Fire Mage there. Others don't know, but you have quite a bit 3/3 people there nowadays, beta ran quite a bit now - I'm at Artifact Knowledge 16 for example.

The biggest differentiation, IMO, will be from Tier Bonuses. Artifact - everyone who cares will have unlocked by Nighthold.

Last I heard we will get more tokens as a result. Salty grain must be used when reading this.
    Every token will be on even droprates because they will all have 4 classes, yes - but remember that Warlocks are one of the least-played classes, whereas Pallies have historically been one of the most-played and it's pretty easy to figure Demon Hunters will be pretty popular at least for Legion.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    P.S. And yes, I secretly hope this Roaring Blaze abomination will only be used in Single Target encounters or maybe council at most.
    Well it's certainly going to be used in any cleave situation with Wreak Havoc. It's just bonkers good there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Well it's certainly going to be used in any cleave situation with Wreak Havoc. It's just bonkers good there.
    Actually I am sure Roaring Blaze won't be used that much with Wreck Havoc, simply because it will be an issue with recasting Immolate on adds, unless you keep juggling Havoc like mad.

But this is speculation.