Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    And the Scepter of Sargeras seems really cool to me.
    I just wish it didn't get shitty little meta wings to remind us of what we lost as its upgraded regular version.

Most of the other weps get fancier versions of the base weapon, we literally just get little meta wings that show up every once in a while to remind us that we lost meta and then when they go away the staff is exactly the same.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Remember in WoD beta when we were complaining about them taking away spells from the specs in order to make them distinct? Good times!
    Hell.. I'm all for them culling abilities to make things less chaotic and more clear cut! Don't get me wrong a lot of what they got rid of was good to go! Some of it I can understand how people were like "How will we play without XYZ!" but we continued! We did it, we learnt. But this... Giving back what was taken away WHILST saying you want unique classes/specs etc... It's literally going against themselves straight up!

Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    Because simply put, its one spell, one resource, several talent options. And if they wanted it to be truely unique and shiny. They could have made it work a much better way for destro. It's pure laziness. I don't get how you don't see that. It's like giving life tap back to destro. We've literally moved back how ever many expansions after blizzard had gone "Yeah we don't really like this stuff on destro." and taken it away. Now they give it back? It makes literally 0 sense when they are pushing for spec identity so much.
    And yet all 3 specs will still have completely different play styles, I don't get how you don't see THAT

It strikes me that Destruction is going to be so RNG your damage could be really varied:

Mastery: Chaotic Energies
    Warlock - Destruction Spec
    Requires Warlock (Destruction)
    Your Destruction spells deal up to 16% additional damage, randomly.
    Immolate
    Warlock - Destruction Spec
    Requires Warlock (Destruction)
    Burns the enemy with fire, causing 1 Fire damage and an additional [ 5 + 247.5% of Spell Power ] Fire damage over 15 sec.

Immolate critical strikes generate a Soul Shard.
    Grimoire of Sacrifice
    Unlimited range
    Instant 30 sec cooldown
    Requires Warlock (Affliction, Destruction)
    Requires level 90
    Sacrifice your demon to gain Demonic Power.

Demonic Power causes your spells to sometimes deal an additional (100% of Spell power) Shadow damage to the target and other enemies within 8 yds.

Lasts 1 hour or until you summon a demon.
    Soulsnatcher
    Instant
    Your Chaos Bolt has a x% chance to refund two Soul Shards.
    Regard of the Sargerai
    Instant
    Your spells have a x% chance to trigger Doomfire.
    Considering they said they were happy with destruction and just wanted to 'polish' it, to go from very stable DPS with no RNG to the total opposite, soul shards instead of embers, life tap and drain life back and survivability (soul leech only working off of incinerate!) and passive healing/absorbs gone or nerfed and baseline spells being made into talents, that's not polish, that's reworked.

Currently we get 2% of health every 8 seconds from Grimoire of Sacrifice - gone, life tap is back and it doesn't seem mana regenerates like energy anymore so we'll be life tapping if/when we are low on mana. Mana tap (talent) if it's the go to talent in that row would mean every 20 seconds we have to dump 40% of our mana ... followed by life tap to get it back!

I know it's very very early days and beta hasn't started, and that some of these spells will be ditched or changed, however, from the early indications the direction they're going with Destruction is really not one I'm keen on.

All they had to do was make Rain of Fire generate embers on 3+ targets and we would have been good to go!

oh and the backdraft change is ridiculous - you now can't really use conflagrate on the move as you need to be stationary to cast spells after using it, shadowfury having a cast time is terrible and no glyph of soul stone so no resurrecting people at 100% health ... nerfs across the board!

I'm not saying the sky is falling ... but it's not looking good!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    And yet all 3 specs will still have completely different play styles, I don't get how you don't see THAT
    Of course I see that. But how can you not see that in MoP/start of WoD they removed a tonne of shared spells/clutter for a reason. Just to undo it in legion..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I just wish it didn't get shitty little meta wings to remind us of what we lost as its upgraded regular version.

Most of the other weps get fancier versions of the base weapon, we literally just get little meta wings that show up every once in a while to remind us that we lost meta and then when they go away the staff is exactly the same.
    They gave Demo's wings to Destruction?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They gave Demo's wings to Destruction?
    And infernals (though can understand that being a destruction thing myself). And if the 'beneficial portals' spawns demons... want to see what the demo artefact traits are but not looking great. I can understand why the sceptre was made the destruction weapon as a skull homage to the skull of guldan was tempting for demos artefact but sceptre would have worked just as well as a demo artefact. I'm sort of worried that destruction is getting all the cool stuff in that regard with demo going to be 'master of imps'.

Granted I may be jumping to conclusions on the 'beneficial portals spawning demons', it probably shoots unstable demonic energy bolts or something.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post

Granted I may be jumping to conclusions on the 'beneficial portals spawning demons', it probably shoots unstable demonic energy bolts or something.
    I think everyones in a bit of a grey area about what those portals will/could do. Which is why we really needed them to make it clear... But I guess we can wait until beta right?

Looking forward for that doomfire/rain infernal combo! We're all gonna be little archies :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    And infernals (though can understand that being a destruction thing myself). And if the 'beneficial portals' spawns demons... want to see what the demo artefact traits are but not looking great. I can understand why the sceptre was made the destruction weapon as a skull homage to the skull of guldan was tempting for demos artefact but sceptre would have worked just as well as a demo artefact. I'm sort of worried that destruction is getting all the cool stuff in that regard with demo going to be 'master of imps'.

Yeah I don't really get why a weapon that fit demo so well became the destro one and then they created a completely new weapon for demo that was generic enough to fit anything in its lore since it just gives power.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    hmm, i wonder if the critting with conflag gives us 2 soulshards instead of 1, if it does then it would mean that the artifact talent that causes conflag to always crit is worth taking asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewods View Post
    Looking forward for that doomfire/rain infernal combo! We're all gonna be little archies :P
    The theme behind our artifact perks for Destro appears to be "You get the powers of an Eradar Lord!" which is a pretty cool fantasy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Well go farm T6 and you have your sweet Wings all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    At what point does it become acceptable to comment then?
    I'd say once Beta is actually released. Can't even play the class in current Alpha, so we shouldn't get too bent out of shape for what's in the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    Of course I see that. But how can you not see that in MoP/start of WoD they removed a tonne of shared spells/clutter for a reason. Just to undo it in legion..?
    I think they removed half that stuff for the same reason they "Didn't want us playing Demonology". It was a stepping stone for the talent system redesign in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    The theme behind our artifact perks for Destro appears to be "You get the powers of an Eradar Lord!" which is a pretty cool fantasy.
    To go with the Archimonde Transmog outfit :P

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post

I think they removed half that stuff for the same reason they "Didn't want us playing Demonology". It was a stepping stone for the talent system redesign in Legion.
    Probably true but at the time I have a feeling they felt they needed to cull things down a bit. Which I'm glad they did. I just feel with them focusing so hard on "themes" that they could/should come up with a better idea than drain life for destro's healing ability.

Backdraft is now a talent, as of the new Beta build....

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    Backdraft is now a talent, as of the new Beta build....
    Well at least we can feel free to cast Conflagrate on the move again, assuming we don't talent into Backdraft.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2015-12-02 at 10:23 PM.

Few more builds and we'll see all our current spells as talents, chaos bolt next?
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Few more builds and we'll see all our current spells as talents, chaos bolt next?
    Yes, I'm sure that's EXACTLY what is going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Yes, I'm sure that's EXACTLY what is going to happen
    And you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic?
    Warlock