10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capsupplier View Post
    Flat dmg increase? No way that's not random enough!

Next build Lord of Flames: Rain of Fire has a 12% chance to summon 1-6 additional internals. (0-15 minute icd)

Now that matches the class fantasy of random.
    Fixed. /10

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, I thought there was something off with new Lord of Flames, something I did not feel good with. Now I get it, the effect is not random enough, so my feeling of class identity and fantasy is compromised.

I hope Blizzard addresses this oversight, so that my perfect vision of a wild sorcerer will materialize.

8 seconds makes me rather see Summon Infernal just drop two instead.

11 year precedent from the opening vanilla intro + spec fantasy and not an awkward tie in to a non-cooldown ability.

But I'm not a designer.

Next build Lord of Flames: Rain of Fire or random AoE ability might have a 0-12% chance to summon 0-6 additional internals. (0-15 minute icd). Lord of Flame may or may not be affected by mastery.

Now that matches the class fantasy of random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Fixed. /10
    Wasn't random enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Infernals are a construct made of fel fire, that you have rain down from the sky... I think it fits destro just fine.

shouldn`t infernals make their way out of the ground though..

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They should have tied it to Summon Infernal really or even make it a spell of it's own, because well, why not?
    To be honest, I would prefer this. The infernal suits destruction more than doomguard thematically and this trait could be what pushes it ahead of doomguard for destro.

Next build - Lord of Flames: Rain of Fire hits affected by the maximum strength of your mastery have a 0-12% chance to make your next Rain of Fire critical strikes to have a 0 to 12% chance to summon 0 to 6 infernals for 0 to 8 secs. Infernals summoned by this effect have a 0 to 12% chance to attack nearby enemies. Critical strikes from these Infernals have a 0 to 12% chance to reduce the cooldown of Lord of the Flames by 0 to 12 secs or to instantly kill a nearby rogue player (enemy or not). This effect have 0 to 12 min cooldown.
    Fixed, still wasn't random enough.

I still don't think it's random enough though.

Deleted
    Lord of Flames: Instead of a rain of hellfire you call down 6 Infernals which are pulsating for 600% of Spell power damage over 8 seconds in the selected area.

Dmg increase and visual change for matching the class fantasy...but probably it's to complicated for Blizz game designers. ~.~

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord of Flames: Your Rain of Fire also summons 6 gnomes, ignites them, and rains them down on your enemies. The immolated gnomes run aimlessly around dealing fire damage to adjacent enemies until they turn to ash after 8 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    shouldn`t infernals make their way out of the ground though..
    No, they're fucking meteorites that fall from the twisting nether.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Lord of Flames: Your Rain of Fire also summons 6 gnomes, ignites them, and rains them down on your enemies. The immolated gnomes run aimlessly around dealing fire damage to adjacent enemies until they turn to ash after 8 seconds.
    how about making it summon gnomes/goblins that has eaten huge amounts of baked beans who ignites their many farts for HUGE embarrassment dmg lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, they're fucking meteorites that fall from the twisting nether.

jessicka..I know. just not a fan of it lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I checked out new Lord of Flame and it's seriously good, the internals it summons deal same damage as Summon Infernal one each, so this results in ridiculous burst that puts Cataclysm to shame... Cumulatively it's like 2 Cataclysms worth of AoE damage (Internals and RoF included) and another around Chaos Bolt amount of damage single target from all the auto attacks they do.

But yeah 10 min CD. One thing I don't know whether CD resets on death or boss encounter start.

Overall I liked it a lot when I tried it and if it has same reset rules as DPS cooldowns then I'm honestly pretty okay with it even being in RoF, but if it would replace or enhance Summon Infernal somehow, that would be a real win.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-04-29 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks for the info Gaidax.

It could be nice if Lord of Flames replaced Summon Infernal, so it's a differente ability not tied to Rain of Fire. This way we can cast Rain of Fire at will and use the CD for proper moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently when Chaos Bolt completes cast the animation for spell release is now throw animation instead of cast.

Wonder if that's a bug or something else.

Okay I checked out new Lord of Flame and it's seriously good, the internals it summons deal same damage as Summon Infernal one each, so this results in ridiculous burst that puts Cataclysm to shame... Cumulatively it's like 2 Cataclysms worth of AoE damage (Internals and RoF included) and another around Chaos Bolt amount of damage single target from all the auto attacks they do.

But yeah 10 min CD. One thing I don't know whether CD resets on death or boss encounter start.

Overall I liked it a lot when I tried it and if it has same reset rules as DPS cooldowns then I'm honestly pretty okay with it even being in RoF, but if it would replace or enhance Summon Infernal somehow, that would be a real win.
    wouldnt happen to have a video do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'll arrange something.

Edit: well I got the vid, uploading, check back in like 30 mins I guess to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

There you go, new Lord of Flames:

You can also see approximate damage it deals compared to other spells. That's level starter level 110 PvP realm character with unlocked artifact.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-04-29 at 09:20 PM.

Edit: well I got the vid, uploading, check back in like 30 mins I guess to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also see approximate damage it deals compared to other spells. That's level starter level 110 PvP realm character with unlocked artifact.
    I do rather love the idea as a DPS cooldown. It's just that tying it to the spec's only baseline AoE is terribly dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

much appreciated, damage seems rather low tho (granted its one target and untuned) for a 10 min cd

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    To be honest, I would prefer this. The infernal suits destruction more than doomguard thematically and this trait could be what pushes it ahead of doomguard for destro.
    I'd be content if Destro were only able to summon the Infernal as a Guardian if it's damage was tuned accordingly. It definitely fits the spec. Let Affliction have the Doomguard only, and let Demo as a master summoner summon either as on live. Since this is the "class fantasy" expansion.