Deleted
    If you ever played during MoP demo and you remember what SB glyph did its exactly the same visual, only bigger

yeah, it looks cool but it is basically a fancier shadowbolt and comes from you rather than Thal'kiel
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    You have to realize that post was made before they said pets would be affected. If our pets weren't affected - it would be a garbage CD for Demo and people should complain. It's called feedback for a reason =).
    well that doesnt really excuse anything, even if it didnt affect pets and such, it is still a "dark soul" type of cooldown, a cooldown many ppl have complained about.

I must say Demo is such good fun now imo, Blizzard have done a really good job with it I hope they don't make too many changes to it between now and launch and I hope it's competitive
    Warlock

Deleted
    Tuning hasnt started yet so its early to say.
    GoSup is above and beyond everything and there are few bugs here and there with GoServ, and the usual ramp up issues ofc

GoSup is best? I've been using GoSyn and finding that pretty good, maybe i'll have to give GoSup a go, would the infernal or doomguard be best? (PVE, mainly questing and solo stuff)
    Warlock

Deleted
    sadly.
    At least with the mastery gear given around 800ish ilv

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    GoSup is best? I've been using GoSyn and finding that pretty good, maybe i'll have to give GoSup a go, would the infernal or doomguard be best? (PVE, mainly questing and solo stuff)
    GoSup is best ? where did you get that info ?

Isn't GoSup basically garbage since GoServ basically feeds your other big abilities regarding extra pets etc? GoServ not only provides you with an extra dps cooldown but extra pets for thalkiel.

Also GoSyn seems to be 100% uptime ? if I'm understanding the tooltip right.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    GoSup is best ? where did you get that info ?

Isn't GoSup basically garbage since GoServ basically feeds your other big abilities regarding extra pets etc? GoServ not only provides you with an extra dps cooldown but extra pets for thalkiel.

Also GoSyn seems to be 100% uptime ? if I'm understanding the tooltip right.
    the post above mine, s1one said GoSsup is above and beyond everything else (unless I misunderstood)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Unless it massively depends on gear setup for me going GoSup ST is like 10k above GoServ with roughly 50% mastery 15% haste and rest crit
    Doomguard just does so much dps on its own

Have to say i dont have the artifact fully unlocked tho, 1 point from picking up The Expendables and i went on the left side so mostly st

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Bolt or Demonbolt?

The former doesn't have an obscuring ground effect that blocks sight to enemy ground attacks, but the latter does extra damage per demon summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Shadow Bolt or Demonbolt?

The former doesn't have an obscuring ground effect that blocks sight to enemy ground attacks, but the latter does extra damage per demon summoned.
    Pretty sure it's Demonbolt for ST and then switching to Summon Darkglare for AoE.

Has anyone spent much time with demo in a pvp environment? It looks really fun but I can't imagine it working in BGs or arenas. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    Has anyone spent much time with demo in a pvp environment? It looks really fun but I can't imagine it working in BGs or arenas. Am I wrong?
    Nobody knows yet. Demo is too new, the Beta sample size too small, and the numbers tuning too unfinished.

In theory, Demo might have some good burst windows that aren't as vulnerable to a cleanse or interrupt. Build to 4 Soul Shards plus a Demonic Calling proc, throw a Fear, chain Call Dreadstalkers into HoG, DemEmp, then nuke them with TKC while your minions are chewing on them. Maybe finish with Implosion if it doesn't get nerfed too much before launch.

How easy will that be to pull off in practice? Will it be enough burst to reliably finish off a PvP opponent? That's impossible to say, yet. People need more hands on experience with the new spec, to say nothing of things that won't be available at first like Artifact Traits and PvP Talents. Casting Circle might make it easier to cast burst chains, Curse of Fragility might make burst windows deadlier, Pleasure through Pain might synergize powerfully with Demonbolt. But it's going to take a few months into the expac to have any real idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea how Demonology is expected to actually build shards in PvP, I guess Casting Circle and Master Summoner will be mandatory, because you simply have to spam the shit out of Whateverbolt to even have shards and deal actual damage. Most likely Soul Conduit will be a default pick as well, just because I am not seeing viable path for having stacked Demonbolt there.

There's a video that someone linked in the pvp thread about demo doing bgs, it's actually quite fun if you wanna have an idea of how it feels like.

Here is said video of Demo PvP -

Surprisingly tanky, so your best option is probably to take Casting Circle and set up TC burst opportunities. Fel Lord seems like the go to talent if you take Casting Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have no idea how Demonology is expected to actually build shards in PvP, I guess Casting Circle and Master Summoner will be mandatory, because you simply have to spam the shit out of Whateverbolt to even have shards and deal actual damage. Most likely Soul Conduit will be a default pick as well, just because I am not seeing viable path for having stacked Demonbolt there.
    Pleasure through pain makes sb a 1.5 second cast, casting circle, shadowflames an instant shard every 14s, and any time doom actually manages to tick. Call fel lord can also be used for zoning.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by St4rC0 View Post
    Are the summons controllable with pet commands?
    To an extent. Pet AI seems worse in legion than in live

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    To an extent. Pet AI seems worse in legion than in live
    I think a reason for this is that you can have Xnumber of pets out now instead of just 2 + a handful of imps every time your CD is up