Deleted
    Yeah, it's just more evident because pets are more priority for Demo now, I do remember them saying they were doing a pet AI pass, although I may be thinking of another game. It's needed really target switching atm is not that great, will ruin Demo in RBGs compared to Affli

Are summoned minions sticking to a target until it dies a bug or a feature? Serious question, does anyone know if there's been a blue post on the subject at all? I was under the impression it was a feature, but I could be wrong, and I'd love to know if there's a clear answer either way.

Deleted
    Feature, after mob die they should move towards your most recently attacked target

7+ Year Old Account
    IMO, I'm happy Dark Soul was sort of brought back however warlocks still need a lot of work for them to be in a decent spot above other classes, 10 seconds seems too short even with Doom extending the duration, the 30 sec cap kind of bothers me. I'm hoping once we're able to obtain the legendary legs and wrists things will change heavily because both of those legendaries sync well together and should bring some burst back to the spec, sort of annoyed that Hand of Doom and Soul Harvest are on the same tier but I'm glad its now a challenging choice between the 3.

As for the GoSup and GoSyn, I've been using GoSup for all raid testing because the Doomguard/Infernal is really just too good to pass up I find I do fine damage without synergy, but I may try synergy in the next raid testing since we now have a form of burst and it'll work a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Is it everywhere or? I remember during the alpha there was a point where the imps didn't die if you were in the class hall but it worked fine everywhere else.
    Yeah, my bad. It's basically this.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having trouble deciding once and for all on either Shadow Bolt or Demonbolt.

Shadow Bolt is just a standard spell that does damage. That's it. It also has a simple graphic.

Demonbolt, the L100 talent, does increased damage depending on the number of summoned demons you have. However it has an extreme graphic that covers the ground beneath you. This makes seeing enemy attacks that have ground effects difficult, or impossible, to see.

I doubt Blizzard would change this graphic. So what should I choose!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s1one View Post
    Feature, after mob die they should move towards your most recently attacked target
    They do. Only Internals spawned by Lord Of Flames don't, which I will QQ about on beta forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I'm having trouble deciding once and for all on either Shadow Bolt or Demonbolt.

Shadow Bolt is just a standard spell that does damage. That's it. It also has a simple graphic.

Demonbolt, the L100 talent, does increased damage depending on the number of summoned demons you have. However it has an extreme graphic that covers the ground beneath you. This makes seeing enemy attacks that have ground effects difficult, or impossible, to see.

I doubt Blizzard would change this graphic. So what should I choose!?
    Rule of cool, man. Live fast and die hard, surrounded by an awesome spell graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by s1one View Post
    That's what I thought. So are the people who are saying this:

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    To an extent. Pet AI seems worse in legion than in live
    just mistaken about how the summoned minions are supposed to operate, or are there other problems with pet AI that I'm not aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    just mistaken about how the summoned minions are supposed to operate, or are there other problems with pet AI that I'm not aware of?
    Both. Guardians (imps and dreadstalkers) are supposed to focus on the mob they're summoned on until their target or they themselves die. This is working as intended.

Our main pets have a bug: After their current target dies they walk back to the Warlock and THEN move to and attack a new target despite being in assist mode. They should go to a next target immediately.

Most warlocks who have played the class long enough already have /petattack macros embedded into some spells ,I don't see how this will change in legion, micromanagement is what demo should be tbh.

Think of it as an additional skill ceiling , the more complex it is the better, heck this doesn't even come close to the old warlock complexity, I'm somewhat glad at least it's a tiny step forward.

Most people have gotten lazy af over the years and want things to work themselves out with no forethought or pre-planning, I would very much prefer a spec where the difference between a player who invests time into something is marginally better than a player who does things on a whim.

That Warlock JC neck that heals you when your summoned demon dies. Do you think that only affects the felguard or the other summons as well? I assume the former, but a burst heal from Implosioning your imps would be overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Both. Guardians (imps and dreadstalkers) are supposed to focus on the mob they're summoned on until their target or they themselves die. This is working as intended.

Our main pets have a bug: After their current target dies they walk back to the Warlock and THEN move to and attack a new target despite being in assist mode. They should go to a next target immediately.
    Not on beta but I wonder if working the pet attack command into macros might be the way to go to overcome this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Not on beta but I wonder if working the pet attack command into macros might be the way to go to overcome this issue?
    I'm not on beta either, so can't try (which is kind of why I'm only answering questions with simple statements I can verify). Hopefully someone who is in can verify whether it works or not.

@wholol Probably, but there's a limit. I don't mind a bit of micromanagement on my pets myself, it's quite fun. But the one thing my mind keeps going back to was micromanaging the Felhunter as demo all throughout AQ.
    Especially on Sartura it was anything but fun and just a massive pain in the butt. It became kind of obnoxious that I had to monitor my pets positioning and correct it at least every 5-10 seconds or else it would die. Putting it on follow or defensive meant sure death for the puppy. Then again, that was before avoidance and assist were implemented so it's probably moot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Most warlocks who have played the class long enough already have /petattack macros embedded into some spells ,I don't see how this will change in legion, micromanagement is what demo should be tbh.

Think of it as an additional skill ceiling , the more complex it is the better, heck this doesn't even come close to the old warlock complexity, I'm somewhat glad at least it's a tiny step forward.

Most people have gotten lazy af over the years and want things to work themselves out with no forethought or pre-planning, I would very much prefer a spec where the difference between a player who invests time into something is marginally better than a player who does things on a whim.
    Binding petattack to prevent this bug is hardly skillful. The poster is right to call this a bug, same as when your felguard charges then pops right back next to you. It's just annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that it's just the way they work is they actually switch (provided initial target dies) only if you complete offensive action against new target, as if finish casting and launch some spell at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Binding petattack to prevent this bug is hardly skillful. The poster is right to call this a bug, same as when your felguard charges then pops right back next to you. It's just annoying.
    No, you misunderstand me. I am not saying this is a good thing at all. Rather I am wondering if we might have do this (if it even works) as a workaround until it gets addressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It seems that it's just the way they work is they actually switch (provided initial target dies) only if you complete offensive action against new target, as if finish casting and launch some spell at it.
    That is the way current "assist" works aswell iirc.

Deleted
    I play petclasses exclusively and just bound an extra key for /petattack. Takes some getting used to, but it gets rid of most of the wonkyness. Still, I imagine pet AI improvement is on the bucket list for the prepatch, it always was.

P.S.: It's not like you don't have room for an extra button in Legion...
    Last edited by mmoc7f25e17046; 2016-05-30 at 05:06 PM.

Can someone post in the beta thread WHY Demonbolt won't be updated to benefit from the green fire quest? Why is its fire orange even with the green fire quest?