Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    That is all well but it's your opinion and the only weight you can give to it is lore this and lore that. Blizzard has different opinion and will retcon it if it suits them to present a more interesting and unique iteration of the class. Even demonic wings and horns would be a clash of different themes. Even as a cosmetic glyph. It doesn't work when the theme is already present (demon hunters). While it would be cool to be able to have skin options of demon hunters on warlocks as well, it most likely won't happen.

Also I don't want to defend blizzard since I disagree with the company in many ways, but calling them lazy for removing metamorphosis while they completely rework and invent a new spec that will be based on a new, unique type of gameplay is ironic.
    Well it is laziness. They have always managed to keep specs separate and unique before now even with similar elements. Oh yeah cause purple skin unique player picked tattoos the wings/horns looking different. But it's totally a clash of "different themes". It's like you're saying "It's okay they could delete every class but demon hunter and I wouldn't care." It's not right that they just decide to service some fans who stopped playing as a money grab (yes thats what legion is going to be) and completely drop a very lore rich classes lore. They can do things so easily. I don't get how you don't see that. Paladins get wings by your definition thats a clash of themes with demon hunters. Even though they look different and act differently. Right?

I mean come on. They are basically going "Our players are idiots and wouldn't understand if these things are even slightly look alike" which they aren't even close. Demonology warlocks wings look 100000000000000000% better than the crappy wings that demon hunters are going to have. The horns could be different too quite easily. Or are you telling me that on legion release if I walked around with felheart horns and jumped made wings proc everyone would go "OMG DEMON HUNTER COOL!"
    Last edited by Yorindesarin; 2015-11-28 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    DK is resurrecting buried bodies, hunter is taming wild beasts and warlock is teleporting demons from the void. What?
    Quite so. There are enough classes and specs that you can't define a spec's unique style trait too broadly. In this case, trying to claim "has lots of minions" for only Demo would be like one of the melee specs trying to claim "stabs people with swords" as theirs and theirs alone.

just brainstorming things. but it looks like for crazy single target we would spec into everything that has to do with having as many demons out as we can, thus making demonbolt hit like a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by dymzi View Post
    just brainstorming things. but it looks like for crazy single target we would spec into everything that has to do with having as many demons out as we can, thus making demonbolt hit like a truck.
    Pretty much, it would all depend on what the Artifact will give us as a complement. If it adds a few more demons into the fray, Demonbolt might end up being really strong for single target fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
    Pretty much, it would all depend on what the Artifact will give us as a complement. If it adds a few more demons into the fray, Demonbolt might end up being really strong for single target fights.
    Pretty much depends how much shadowbolt does for damage. 500% wet noodle damage is still a wet noodle afterall. But it does look like a fun talent.

But but but, i want my inquisitor :<
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Pretty much depends how much shadowbolt does for damage. 500% wet noodle damage is still a wet noodle afterall. But it does look like a fun talent.
    Can you explain how please? It's a replacement filler spell, I mean obviously you're going to want to maximise your number of minions but surely that's the objective anyway; I don't see what this adds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Can you explain how please? It's a replacement filler spell, I mean obviously you're going to want to maximise your number of minions but surely that's the objective anyway; I don't see what this adds?
    If your filler does no damage, 500% extra damage from having allot of minions probably doesn't add that much dps to it. In fact the % of total damage might be lower because of all the minions also dealing damage. So I doubt DB is going to hit for big numbers. Summoning allot of minions is already a mayor focus for demonology. I do like the idea of dealing more filler damage when you have more demons out.

It is however kinda like the "compound intent" affliction artifact talent that adds more damage to UA for each agony/corruption cast.

Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    But but but, i want my inquisitor :<
    I share the same feeling. Inquisitor looks pretty cool and I hope there's actually a pet duration increase talent in the artifact, so that pets actually last long enough to produce a massive burst of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
    I share the same feeling. Inquisitor looks pretty cool and I hope there's actually a pet duration increase talent in the artifact, so that pets actually last long enough to produce a massive burst of damage.
    18 sec duration and 24 sec CD sounds more like it's meant to deal sustained AoE damage to me. Also means it can be up for a large part of the time when needed, which is cool for one of the few non minor demon Guardians in Demo's foreseeable repertoire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    18 sec duration and 24 sec CD sounds more like it's meant to deal sustained AoE damage to me. Also means it can be up for a large part of the time when needed, which is cool for one of the few non minor demon Guardians in Demo's foreseeable repertoire.
    If we look at the affliction/destruction artefacts, we see plenty of rotational ability talents there. Increasing the duration of (some) minion could be in there, though that quickly leads to temporarily having double the amount at the same time, which sounds unlikely to happen as empower demon by default empowers the 3 biggest demons. Would kinda suck if it empowered the 2 dreadstalkers lasting only a few seconds.

I haven't seen any artifact tallents that improve regular talents, so I doubt there would be improvements to our talent summon unless it applies to all summons.

There is depth to doing it right and maximizing your demons to maximize filler dmg as well as getting a new spell animation which will all be satisfying when you're launching off powerful bolts.

There is no depth in just spamming filler.

Adds plenty.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    There is depth to doing it right and maximizing your demons to maximize filler dmg as well as getting a new spell animation which will all be satisfying when you're launching off powerful bolts.

There is no depth in just spamming filler.

Adds plenty.
    So basically a cosmetic talent that increases ramp up. Unless you have an addon that can tell you when your next Minion is about to despawn.

So basically a cosmetic talent that increases ramp up. Unless you have an addon that can tell you when your next Minion is about to despawn.
    LOL we will find a way to see when imps despawn because knowing when the imps expire will make it so you min-max implosion by waiting until the last possible second to be honest I can't wait to play all the warlock specs LOL

My guess is for that reason of 'requiring an addon to see when imps despawn', one of their stated reasons for revamping demo, that by the time this hits live, implosion and demonbolt will be capped at a set number of imps/minions.
    Last edited by grizzlysaurusrex; 2015-11-30 at 08:26 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the world of Demonology! Where the spec is "too hard" due to "too many addons" so it gets a rework with a highish skill cap that requires... you guess'ed it! MORE ADDONS!

Deleted
    Unless you have an addon that can tell you when your next Minion is about to despawn.
    I'm not sure what it is, but something tells me we've been down this road before...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    Welcome to the world of Demonology! Where the spec is "too hard" due to "too many addons" so it gets a rework with a highish skill cap that requires... you guess'ed it! MORE ADDONS!
    YES! my imp counter will make a triumphant return!!

i think it will depend tho coz they could add something similar to what they have in diablo 3 where the game automatically tracks how many pets your character have out so there is no real need for an extra addon.

Dunno why that would matter, since it replaces your filler.

So you ever gonna stop just being salty all the time?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.