Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I used to feel that way too, but now that Demo has Empowerment it allows Perma infernal/Doomguard to be more uniquely beneficial to the spec since they are so much more powerful than when used for Aff/Destro. Empowered Infernal feels pretty badass when situations can call for it. I loved its move to the grimoire row, especially for Demo.
    i feel like i'm doing shit more dps with serv though. I'm only using Sup now for questing or for dungeon trash. But for bosses, i'd go with serv. (except when it has a longer execute phase, in which case doooo000mguard!)
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    Haven't seen much mention of Grimoire of Synergy, is it not good? Looks like 100% uptime for pet and player having 30% more damage? Veering towards Service (At least for PvP) But maybe Synergy for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Haven't seen much mention of Grimoire of Synergy, is it not good? Looks like 100% uptime for pet and player having 30% more damage? Veering towards Service (At least for PvP) But maybe Synergy for PvE.
    People were constantly using it at one point, numbers don't really matter right now though (for the kajillionth time).

Mechanically it only buffs the player and the primary pet (not the guardians) so its not nearly as strong as it sounds.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    People were constantly using it at one point, numbers don't really matter right now though (for the kajillionth time).

Mechanically it only buffs the player and the primary pet (not the guardians) so its not nearly as strong as it sounds.
    well, technically its more than what the other grimoire talents give us, as they only involve your primary pet.

From what I read, most of your damage is comming from your Imps, rather than you or the main pet. So it really depends on the 100 tier as well, since it might go well with Demonbolt. For Soul Conduit, I would consider GOServ/GOSup.

For leveling, however, I'd take GOSup without a question.

synergy would perhaps impact implosion the most id imagine, depending on our skills with timing and procs

for lvling id maybe pick service and beholder normally. in effect three empowered felguards every 2 minutes sounds ohh so sweet!

sry for meltdown btw never log on after a proper night out. hopefully lesson learned
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-04-28 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well, technically its more than what the other grimoire talents give us, as they only involve your primary pet.
    I have never gotten an answer for this on twitter, but 90% of Guardians take damage buffs from the player, Imps should work the same way.

It is a question that somebody with Alpha should probably pose in The Theory Crafting Thread

*cough cough hint hint*

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon bolt does chaos damage? I was planning taking pleasure through pain...so that puts a knick in my plans...just seems like that is the only really useful talent in that tree...

Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    synergy would perhaps impact implosion the most id imagine, depending on our skills with timing and procs

for lvling id maybe pick service and beholder normally. in effect three empowered felguards every 2 minutes sounds ohh so sweet!

sry for meltdown btw never log on after a proper night out. hopefully lesson learned
    If implosion stays the way it is, you'll have enuf with implosion & hog for cleave/ aoe. demonbolt is too nice for ST (at least from a lvling PoV)
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Demon bolt does chaos damage? I was planning taking pleasure through pain...so that puts a knick in my plans...just seems like that is the only really useful talent in that tree...
    Well it would involve using the Succubus over the Felguard, unless it works with Service summoning Succ, I don't think it's worth it tbh. Summon Felhunter looks like the only viable talent there, even against mele it's extra damage

Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    If implosion stays the way it is, you'll have enuf with implosion & hog for cleave/ aoe. demonbolt is too nice for ST (at least from a lvling PoV)
    yeah implosion is a bit disgusting right now for lvling lol. Even though its probably borderline overkill I've been using Conduit for lvling, I just make sure to pull as much trash as I can with the high health rares so Implosion can wreck them.

I tag as many mobs as I can find with doom, Felstorm when they gather up to put em on my pet.. the more the better(Demonwrath Proc). Drop 3 HoG and Implosion one shots everything lol Most of the time the dmg doesn't even eat through Demon Skin lol

Deleted
    I would suggest they only massively buffed Imp-plosion in order to encourage people to use it in order to test the mechanics

That's fairly typical of a mechanics testing phase where a tier talent is so good that the other two are neglected, or one is so bad people just don't take it

Likewise I cling to the faint hope that affliction is so boring and mediocre because they want people to thoroughly test demonology which has been rewritten from the ground up and that affy will get some new toys

I fear, however, that it won't. Mechanics wise demonology is clearly the go-to spec. Way more fun than it's "rivals"

I say this as someone who has resolutely played affy since BC...lol
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-04-29 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it would involve using the Succubus over the Felguard, unless it works with Service summoning Succ, I don't think it's worth it tbh. Summon Felhunter looks like the only viable talent there, even against mele it's extra damage
    Yeah but does that summon a extra puppy or does that replace your pet...they all seemed like your main pet choice talents...which is why I was thinking the Succubus one, she may not do as much damage but she has a stealthy melee approach and has seduce for those pesky times when you're alone and jumped by a rogue.

Faster primary nuke casts (Which just occurred to me maybe that is why the talent doesn't mention demon bolt! >.<) and 15% boost to all of our non-pet damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yeah but does that summon a extra puppy or does that replace your pet...they all seemed like your main pet choice talents...which is why I was thinking the Succubus one, she may not do as much damage but she has a stealthy melee approach and has seduce for those pesky times when you're alone and jumped by a rogue.

Faster primary nuke casts (Which just occurred to me maybe that is why the talent doesn't mention demon bolt! >.<) and 15% boost to all of our non-pet damage.
    Took me a while to realize you were talking about PvP talents. Anyhow i've been dueling quite a bit lately and the combo of Essence drain+Succubus talent and shadowflame is quite nice vs melee. you basically generate shards with Soul harvest/ Shadowflame (moving/burst) / Doom and life drain the rest since the 15%bonus shadow dmg applies to all those spells. Next to that you have the melee knockback & Seduce for the opener (or any other crucial moment). If you're able to get some Essence drain stacks up & then apply curse of weaknes right when a melee gets back into melee range, he wont do much for a few seconds!

I haven't really decided between master summoner & Call Fel lord. Master summoner is awesome for opener burst and together with call felhunter makes for a more general pvp built in arena. But oh man, Cal fel lord is a beast vs some classes (especially if they're stupid enough to stand in its circle).

The only issue i have is the bad synergy between Succubus & Cal fel lord. with a felguard you can basically stun someone inside the fel lord cirle to make sure he gets hit & all that while a succu can't do that, but you want to take the succubus talent vs melee.
    made by Shyama

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems wrong that the artifact tree gives your Main Imp a 35% increased Crit Chance, when the damage is phenomally low - compared to the Infernal with Grim of Supremacy, its borderline useless.

Also, Wild Imp's should last atleast 4secs longer. Even during perfect AOE conditions with Demonwrath, its near-*imp*ossible to get a proper Artifact Ability off with more than 7pets. With Soul Harvest you can get it off with 11, but that talent only has its uses in certain situations imo. I hardly ever get a proper use of it, and the casttime is horrible.

The standard UI for how to display the number of pets is also buggy as hell.

Damage-wise demo cant be as it is now, cuz its woefully lacking in many departments, and the abilities cooldowns interact really poorly together. Dreadstalkers on a 15sec cooldown, but only last 12?

And dont get me started on the fact that Mana is still a MAJOR issue. Right now, Warlock is the only class that still has mana issues - why is this?

- - - Updated - - -

For leveling, Synergy blows major chunks. The Felguard cant tank for shit, and the VoidWalker does absolutely no dmg. Yeah you might have a 30% buff up constantly, but comparedly the Infernal does so much more dmg, is borderline unkillable, and has excellent interaction with Demonwrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    It seems wrong that the artifact tree gives your Main Imp a 35% increased Crit Chance, when the damage is phenomally low - compared to the Infernal with Grim of Supremacy, its borderline useless.
    Hopefully they change that to Wild Imp crit chance. Seems like a wasted trait otherwise since Demo will be using Felguard/Infernal in almost all situations. Think Destro is the Imp now? Unless Sacrifice is still better

if im not mistaken it IS for wild imps, to counteract implosion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    if im not mistaken it IS for wild imps, to counteract implosion
    it is wild Imp, because the Imp uses regular firebolts, not Fel firebolts like the wild imp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    it is wild Imp, because the Imp uses regular firebolts, not Fel firebolts like the wild imp
    The trait Infernal Furnace mentions "Wild Imp's Firebolt" whereas Imp-erator mentions Imp's Felfire bolts, that's what i'm confused on

The trait Infernal Furnace mentions "Wild Imp's Firebolt" whereas Imp-erator mentions Imp's Felfire bolts, that's what i'm confused on
    A mistake on the Blizzard's part I guess. Wowhead details on both traits show modifications on the same spells at least.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.