Deleted

Unleash Doom vs Doom vortex

Icy veins recomends Unleash doom, is there any other opinion in favor of Doom vortex? Is doom vortex that bad?

Problem is I wouldnt spend so much AP in talents like ghost wolf maelstorm generation and defensive CD just to get UD.
    On the side of Doom vortex there is less utility talents and more pure dps increase ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    well if you read it on icy veins its said there why its should be picked last

1.4. Final points and Third Golden Trait

Lastly, Head downwards from Stormflurry into Forged in Lava to boost the Maelstrom spending filler. Your final point is invested into your final Golden Trait, Doom Vortex, which is very weak currently due to the low proc chance and how rarely Lava Lash is cast.
    from my experience their guide is really decent and everything is working as suggested so i don't have any reason to doubt they are right in this to

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Doom Vortex is bad enough that its the last trait you take.

this early into the expansion icy is right, they dont update their guides very often though so dont hold onto everything they say months down the track, unleash doom will proc more so you will be doing more damage, you wont be smashing lava lash all that much so the vortex wont be up very often.

Doom Vortex is a literal tornado of a garbage fire. Moves too slowly, does little damage, and the proc chance isn't stellar.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

The other major issue with Doom Vortex is that it moves slow and its hit box is small enough that it often wont even land all of its ticks against a moving target.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    The other major issue with Doom Vortex is that it moves slow and its hit box is small enough that it often wont even land all of its ticks against a moving target.
    Wow that's... really terrible. I have a funny feeling that the reason Enhancement's AOE is so bad is because they expect it to be covered by Doom Vortex, it should theoretically be a fantastic tool for AOE but it has so, so many problems in tuning and clashes with overall class design.

They need buff doom vortex...make it simular to Diablo3's Monk sweep wind tornado !!

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    well if you read it on icy veins its said there why its should be picked last

from my experience their guide is really decent and everything is working as suggested so i don't have any reason to doubt they are right in this to
    That's because Wordup helps maintain the guide. =D