Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    In general, totem mechanics are concentrated around temporary effects (either beneficial or hostile) in a localized area, as opposed to “maintenance buff” cooldowns you need to make sure are up at all times.

Maelstrom Totem
    40 yd range, Instant, 30 sec cooldown
    Summons a Maelstrom Totem near the target for 15 sec that repeatedly attacks an enemy within 30 yards for moderate Nature damage. Every time the Maelstrom Totem attacks, it will generate 5 Maelstrom for you.

Ok.

Really i'm ok with how elemental plays, we just don't have that punch like alot of classes, everything feels weak, they need to get coefficients and scaling right.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Nothing about that feels like placeholders. Those are some pretty solid changes.

Meant placeholder as in I will edit my response with a more legitimate one before this gets flooded.

Elemental Shaman will build Maelstrom through their Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, and Chain Lightning, and spend it on abilities like Shocks and Earthquake.
    Earthquake is still a thing, I hate you blizzard.

Deleted
    As an Enhancement Shammy, this pleases me greatly. Need to see it in action to know for sure though, can't wait to see beta now!

Deleted
    Best news of all: We're getting rid of the shittiest level 45 talent row by the looks of it.

Very interesting, so rotation for enhance would be to keep flame tongue active 100%, use stormstrike on CD, generating maelstrom with rockbiter and lava lash bring the dump I take it.

Questions over aoe, will we still use fire nova?

Huuuuh.

Maybe I'll actually play my Shammy again.

I admit I started playing him at the beginning of WoD but tended to get a little frustrated... If nothing else, Enhancement looks boss. Even if I'm more of a caster type.

Elemental Overload only works on builders and not on the heavy hitting spenders like earth shock. Disappointing, gonna make mastery a low end stat for Elemental.

Really like how they are unlinking shock CD's but I don't know how they are going to handle Frost Shock. Will it actually hit hard? Will it cost maelstrom (would feel really shitty to lose dps casting your slow when Conc Shot, Hamstring, Crippling Poison, Infected Wounds, ect are all free and off the GCD)? Will it have a cooldown? Also so glad that Elemental overload is back, fuck the stupid looking pointy rocks.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2015-11-11 at 01:20 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    My oh my....
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

One thing I dislike. Is the flameshock duration with maelstrom. It should be 30 seconds all time.

I'm neither happy nor sad. Seems alright. I absolutely despise Earthquake, but it is outweighed by the return of Elemental Overload. Conclusion: meh.. At least it's better than now

Restos mastery doesnt work on farm. Can we please just get a new one?

Deleted
    So Enhancement will be:

Use rockbiter to generate maelstrom, flametounge every 13-15 seconds, build up maelstrom and use stormstrike, use lava lash while waiting for stormstrike to come off CD, fitting in stormfury procs when you get them ( pool enough maelstrom so you can stormfury stormstrike then stormstrike immediately after) ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    Sundering sounds really dope!

Also, getting Elemental Overlord is so amazing to have! Makes me curious about Multistrike though
    Multistrike is gone in Legion. Last i checked.

Changes seem good, does seem to be a trend of adding in HoTS abilities into WoW, tyreals jumps, now thralls sundering.

Lava burst doesn't always crit? So crit's value goes up... might mean that the damage can be more meaningful if it's not always a crit?

Looks like shocks cost maelstrom to cast... so you can't cast earth shock unless you have some maelstrom, but you can open with flame shock and multi-dot.

It'll be interesting to hear more... hopefully searing totem is gone. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Elemental Overload only works on builders and not on the heavy hitting spenders like earth shock. Disappointing, gonna make mastery a low end stat for Elemental.
    That's a very good point. Of course this is just an early draft, but it makes no sense for mastery only to affect builders and not our finishers which are supposed to be hitting hard. Meh.. One would've thought they would have thought this through

10+ Year Old Account
    Additionally by the look of "They manipulate the land itself and summon spirits of earth, fire, and storm to their aid."" seems only elemental will summon...well...elementals.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    One thing I dislike. Is the flameshock duration with maelstrom. It should be 30 seconds all time.
    i think it shoyld be 15/30/45 seconds. I like that you can apply it for free. Makes multidotting a real thing. Sure its only going to be a 10 second spell but sometimes thats all you need. Now hopefully there will be a spell like Fire Nova.

Fire Nova: Blasts all targets with flame shock for moderate Fire damage plus total damage left to tick instantly. Removes Flame shock from all targets. 10 second cooldown.