Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got in and started testing. After a bit of an adjustment period I'm absolutely loving the new Enh. The new animations and sounds give it great "oomph", Stormstrike particularly feels extremely satisfying to cast. Lava Lash still underwhelming, but in the right spot for its feel as Maelstrom dump in gaps.

I've only spent an hour on testing the talent setups so far, but it feels like we have several quite different possibilities that feel satisfyingly different in rotation style. A few I'm a bit "eh" on, like Ascendance now - it's already hard to dump Maelstrom without capping with Wolves and Doom Wind, Ascendance seems to waste even more - might be a viable option with Lightning Bolt as 2nd main dump, which feels hardhitting but allows for almost no Lava Lash in 680 gear at 100.

Generally very optimistic, I like where this is heading. It feels like the spec finally has a focused orientation and flavour, some kinks to work out but I'm loving it.

There should be 4 shammy specs:
    Earth-Tank
    Wind-Ranged
    Fire-Melee
    Water-Heals

Its dumb there isn't.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    There should be 4 shammy specs:
    Earth-Tank
    Wind-Ranged
    Fire-Melee
    Water-Heals

Its dumb there isn't.
    more like
    Wind - Melee
    Fire - Ranged

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    more like
    Wind - Melee
    Fire - Ranged
    Nah, you already have a ranged fire spec out there. Wind would also have all the lightning stuff.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Nah, you already have a ranged fire spec out there. Wind would also have all the lightning stuff.
    A shaman should always use all elements. Different specs are just focusing more on a different element. Melee fits perfectly with a focus on wind (and lightning). Wind (and lightning) stands for speed and mobility. Just what a melee needs.
    The focus on earth is missing right now and an Earth Tank could be really cool, if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    A shaman should always use all elements. Different specs are just focusing more on a different element. Melee fits perfectly with a focus on wind (and lightning). Wind (and lightning) stands for speed and mobility. Just what a melee needs.
    The focus on earth is missing right now and an Earth Tank could be really cool, if done right.
    The problem is, you couldn't make a caster fire spec different enough from fire mage.

Deleted
    The problem is, you couldn't make a caster fire spec different enough from fire mage.
    you can and it's called Elemental Shaman. Like I said, a Shaman should always use all elements. Elemental sets its focus on fire spells. The most powerful ones are fire for Elemental.
    The most powerful skills for Enhancers are Wind/Lightning.

You would not improve the class if you split it so that each spec only uses one element.

Or even destruction warlock.

Hello there! I'm Chamanao from US (BR) Nemesis and I main a Enhancement Shaman for years with all the love that a human is possible to have for your digital alter ego spec. Although I'm really excited with the upcoming mechanics changes, the fantasy aspect is weak and some points under discussion concerned me (especially PvP wise). As I don't play alts and try to do all PvE and PvP content my time allows me, I feel in a good position to imagine some crazy shit and share it in this fancy thread.

1. Use Lava Lash for ranged attacks. Blimey, it's a whip! Indiana Jones! I don't think that Lightning Bolt belongs to the enhancement fantasy - of imbuing weapons - therefore being a button to be eliminated (although that's not the case) or it could be an extra ranged ability via talent. It would open space for a bigger aesthetic fostering of the ability: imagine a delicate burning-red whip casting off of your off-hand weapon, flying through the air among all eyewitnesses and hitting its hapless target from afar, right in the back... Have you ever took a whipping on your loin? Legend is it hurts a lot and was used on slaves. Of course, some mechanic is needed to control its use and/or reach: base cooldown on Lava Lash; range based on Maelstrom; cooldown based on the use distance (!); etc.
    2. From the fantasy of the whip Lava Lash, use the ability to lasso the target, preventing distancing in a set range, allowing movement in the range in between. The ability would add dynamic value in PvP arenas, battlegrounds (group situation) and, individually, a reasonable antikiting tool, not necessarily overpowered because it doesn't prevent kiting, only sets a limit to the distance the enemy could get. It helps the shaman reach his target with short-ranged abilities such as Rockbitter, Frostbrand, etc. Comboes with Static Cling (PvP talent). Obvious mechanics could set the duration: last until cancelled through another spell, reactivation of Flametongue, until Flametongue fades, seconds, etc. But, it would be really interesting, and dubious, if, to keep the lasso up, lock the use of the off-hand.
    3. Totally eliminate totems to buff Feral Spirit. Again, since the fantasy of the enchancement shaman lies on imbuing weapons and we almost don't possess any more totems, we could eliminate them at once and use the 45 talent tier (and more) to amplify the fantasy and utility of the spirit wolves.
    With the return of the pet action bar for the wolves, in this hypothesis, it would be possible to give more options to the shaman, while adding complexity in the management: taunt, CC, stun, speed, heal, fear (howl), etc. Abilities could have 2 charges, one for each feral wolf. A talent could add a third wolf, and therefore, a third charge.
    Allow the shaman to swap positions with his feral spirit. Dynamic ability, specially for PvP. It would allow the shaman to sit on his target and ensure the delivery of ferocious damage. It could be done it two different manners:
    a. The shaman consumes or swaps position with the feral spirit closest to the target and assumes its position. In this case there's the possibility to evade abilities/mechanics besides causing confusion to enemies.
    b. The shaman 'wargs' the feral spirit, allowing to use regular abilities via the feral and returns to his body when the mechanic ends (some seconds, until canceled, HP for the wolf, X damage to break effect that could act as a defensive absorb, etc.). In this case, more complex, the original body, while warging, assumes Ghost Wolf form (1 PvP talent and 1 artefact weapon trait could activate in this period) and runs towards the enemy (AI). The interesting point about this alternative is that there can be a disadvantage, since the original shaman's body is uncontrollable and can be attacked normally.
    4. Eliminate Crash Lightning as an ability and turn in into a simple effect. In my opinion, ‘eletrocute enemies in front of the shaman and then enchant the weapons to cause damage to them’ don't fit into the fantasy (same to casting Lightning Bolt, the 'electric' part of the shaman which looks much more like Elemental) neither does it flow well. Get in position, aim and hold the ability to hit 2 or more targets could become annoying and risky, not necessarily meaning by this that we are skilled or unskilled. Crash Lightning, inside the fantasy, seems to come from the tension of the powers imbued on the weapons: a Rockbitter attack coupled with an active Flametongue could cause sparks and a Stormstrike to blow it up (spall, spark, explosion). A natural effect of the use of different ability and/or imbue schools (stone, fire, nature). One button would be eliminated and the requirement of X targets in front of you to activate and after that it continues to hit everyone in front of the caster for a similar duration.
    5. Lightning Shield is abandoned. It’s talent is laughable. Our private Planet Earth is no longer useful. When the Maelstrom resource was announced, I wondered why not use Lightning Shield and its charges as a resource. What the heck is a Maelstrom? Even though I like the new system, I still think Lightning Shield could be used by both Enhancement and Elemental. And following the discussion about Feral Spirit, Ascendence and Doom Winds easily generating Maelstrom in excess, I'd like to suggest a mechanic in which the excess Maelstrom goes to (creates) Lightning Shield charges. The utility options are various: simply stockage for later drain when the resource is lacking; generate some attribute or ability buff; cause increased damage to attackers or nearby enemies; defensive magical shield, etc. Always based on the quantity of Maelstrom exceeded and creating situations where it would be advantageous to exceed Maelstrom. It would also be interesting to create some penalty (for instance, drain HP) while active. I think this favours the fantasy to DPS specializations of the Shaman. Control nature at will, with no cost, is something out of reach of mortal races. To find a way to put this excess of power, this untammabilty of nature and the elements in the gameplay would amplify the players' immersion and identity of the class.
    6. Interaction between imbued elements and abilities. As suggested in item 4 for the effect of Crash Lightning, create other enhancement-enhancement relations and/or enhancement-ability. Different combinations of active enhancements on the weapons and abilites boost complexity and consequence of our actions, apart from amplifying relevance on active enhancements. I confess it's not an idea I dwelled much into and requires lots of development for implementation but, in my opinion, is an interesting way to go.
    7. Thunder. The reason why, sometimes, I swapped to Elemental. Thunder is so cool and could be available for all specializations. Thrall used one on Hellscream to kill him and he was holding Doomhammer, so...give me a reason why not. For DPS specs, could act as an extra source of Maelstrom, along with knockback or disorient effects facing the Shaman. For Restoration it could cause a Healing Rain in his position, extend the duration of some abilities and/or add charges of Tidal Waves, besides the knockback/disorient effect. Or, instead of everyone having this ability, give one to each spec. Invoke a geiser which throw enemies up in the air and heal allies to the Restoration Shaman. One hurricane that pulls enemies towards the Enhancement Shaman... Other nature phenomena...

In conclusion, I think - and hope - Blizzard will see that the solutions to our problems lies in the fantasy of the spec and class. Most of this suggestions can act and solve problems in PvP without intervene in PvE. Clearly, one path must be taken to solve the defensive problem, what we got so far is really worrisome. IMO, all ideas are solid fantasy based and have great potency for popular appealing. Also, effects of movement restriction (as the lasso suggested) could be implemented to other classes/specs since they are practically inexistent in the game and can counter the upcoming Demon Hunter which I already hate and promise to exterminate. Also also make Restoration somehow cool please, so far it's...the same and...uninspired...and I need it to get fast queues.

I hope most of you like my suggestions and ideas,bla bla bla, like it, share it, subscribe, comment bellow, forgive my poor english, etc., etc. All power to Shamans!!

Seriously considering switching over from my Mage to Enhance come legion, seeing as it's now looking like a Battle mage type play style and an overall fun spec to play in comparison to Fire mage with it's boring talents. Another factor is how fire lost it's pvp viability for me, Enhance looks even stronger in the the pvp field.

Restoration in Legion is all i want to play!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PERICOL View Post
    Restoration in Legion is all i want to play!
    what he said

my warlock friend have a npc at his class hall who brings champion armors for upgrading his champions, do we have any npc like that or only way to gain it is missions?