View Poll Results: Are you happy with our Artifact background story ?

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it is decent and matches our class identity.

68 81.93%
  • No, lorewise it could have been way better.

15 18.07%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I thought this thread was going to point out the obvious indication Sargeras will make an appearance in this expansion...
    We might very well be fighting Sargeras himself as the endboss of the expansion.
    This would honestly surprise me, seeing as Gul'dan most likely dies pretty early already. That being said, Blizzard did state that this expansion would probably not end that well for us (Horde/Alliance).

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction's artifact deserved a better lore.
    We should face Jaraxxus, eredar lord of the burning legion!
    The red threat

I would have guessed that Warlocks would be getting the skull of Gul'dan as artifact weapon. Would be fitting the whole Illidan-stuff as well.

I think the Warlock artifact lore isn't bad at all (though some of the writing is awkwardly worded).

Look at the Hunter spear. "A bunch of tauren made this and their animal spirit friends blessed it." No names, no locations, no lore figures, no defined qualities given by the spirits. Nothing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Still better than what warriors got.

They could have given us a beefed up version of Ashkandi, greatsword of the brotherhood (Anduin Lothar's sword), i love that they brought it back kinda with Blackwing Descent in cata, but it's a pretty iconic weapon and it has some lore behind it.

or Gorehowl since there is like 4 versions of it now (the original from Karazhan, the corrupted image from Garrosh in SoO, the one Grommash has in WOD, plus the old one Garrosh had prior to Siege, which i think is either in Nagrand or talador since Gul'dan had it in that one cinematic), even though by now I am kinda sick of seeing it. Hell by this point it's almost that wedding phrase thing, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue (normal heroic corrupted image was blue, yeah?)

Axe of Cenarius, we could go get it from Broxigar's niece, Thura.

Plus the warlock ones look far better than what warriors got too. Fury weapons look like generic quest greens/blues.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    We certainly got the better stuff out there both by looks and lore.

And yeah, I'd rather get Sargeras' hand me downs than some amazing pig sticker of random nobody like many others got.

I don't really get the harvester one... The only way it could have been given by Sargeras would be when he possessed Medivh and gave it to her during the First War but then why did he hunt her down, was that after being freed from the titan's control?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMedivh View Post
    Archimonde is one of the three Eredar Lords that presided over the race when they converted to the Legion. Unless Blizzard is retconning their lore, AGAIN, it CANNOT have been Archimonde getting pissed if Thal'kiel summoned Void shit BEFORE they converted to Sargeras.

Unless Archimonde transcends time itself and was a Demon before he became a Demon. By any standard measure of time, Archimonde would not have been a Demon Lord at this point, and it would have to have been some other demon lord who killed him.
    Hah, I didn't notice that. Nice job blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    You're complaining about the sexy looking warlock artifacts with backround relating to the most powerful being in all of WoW? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I find this a bit crazy. Try being a warrior, or a rogue, with really weird and ugly artifacts that have crappy background. Your artifacts are so nice, especially that scythe.

Sexy looking artifacts+lore tied to the most powerful person in all of WoW (sargeras)= 100% badassery. Keep in mind, a lot of the artifacts that have really never been mentioned throughout WoW (all warrior weapons, all rogue weapons, most shaman weapons, the list goes on..) all have made up lore tied to someone that's existed some point in WoW.
    Maybe I'm just weird but I like the idea that all the artifacts are new things that haven't been heard from in WoW before. I have already seen some threads where people are saying 'How come Pallies get Ashbringer and Shaman get Doomhammer while the rest of us just have something thats made up!'

I think they did a pretty good job with creating new artifacts, some of the stories leave something to be desired but its cool to see them fleshing out different things in the universe. This also gives them the opportunity to create things outside of our 'known' universe and some things that could be used to take us through more Caverns of Time or they could use them to write more novels about these characters.