Mythic Kilrogg Portal Tips

So I'm gonna try and push for my RL to let me go into the portal as a Destro lock - we had some issues with portals this last week on a boss that we killed quite easily the week before, so I'd like to get good at it to soften the blow a bit.

What are the best ways of going abouts getting 20 stacks, more specifically as a Warlock? I've never really done it. From what I gather from watching some Lock PoV videos is just havoc and chaos bolt the initial imps, then once everything starts coming AoE the crap out of them with a standard rotation and shadowburn cleave.

What's a good point to pop defensive CD's and what should I look out for while being in there? Any good positioning tips?

Havoc CB sounds good for the first imps. You want to single target the initial stuff to start getting stacks. After you have a small number of stacks you can F&B stuff down. Positioning tips is really don't stand where the imps explode and avoid the frontal cone of the big add. Other than that once you're out try to havoc as many adds as you can. You can literally one shot them outside so try to take some of the burden off your team. This remains an add fight first and foremost. You don't wipe to "who goes into the realm" you wipe to adds getting out of control.