jewelcrafting or engineering for gold?

Idk which to pick

Neither are viable in WoD right now, however the Jewelcrafting daily provides a solid 200 - 300g per day from the garrison.

Not sure am I then on a wierd server, but I can sell Immaculate gems for 5-7k each, so that means each 150 JC daily crystals needed, so even if I buy the Felblood I make 3-5k profit per gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you mentioned Engineering and gold in one post, something is wrong here. Engineering isn't really a profit now a days.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rafzor View Post
    Not sure am I then on a wierd server, but I can sell Immaculate gems for 5-7k each, so that means each 150 JC daily crystals needed, so even if I buy the Felblood I make 3-5k profit per gem.
    Last time I checked on my realm the gems sold for less than the felblight used to make them. It might have changed though as less people are making gear upgrades now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, pick the two. To get the most gold in the current state of the game you need multiple alts, and all professions. You will make more gold with jewelcrafting+eng.

If you want to sell quick relevant content items, jewelcrafting gives slightly higher gold earnings. But you'd be surprised how high can a lot of old engineering crafts sells. Especially some BC BoE crafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Last time I checked on my realm the gems sold for less than the felblight used to make them. It might have changed though as less people are making gear upgrades now.
    Take my realm's cost as an example... Felblight is about 140g each. That's 2,100g for the 15 you need (Assuming you don't kill Kazzak for some free ones)

And the cost of gems

https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/...rch/immaculate
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-11-11 at 12:28 PM.

There's generally far too many people with engineering and not enough uses for it, so it's pretty much a worthless profession in terms of gold making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crteer View Post
    Neither are viable in WoD right now, however the Jewelcrafting daily provides a solid 200 - 300g per day from the garrison.
    You don't need Jewelcrafting for this quest just the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Heftybags View Post
    You don't need Jewelcrafting for this quest just the building.
    And pray tell, how do you fulfill the "Craft XXXX" requirement of the quest without having the profession to actually craft?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukerric View Post
    And pray tell, how do you fulfill the "Craft XXXX" requirement of the quest without having the profession to actually craft?
    The trainer NPC in the building will craft some items for you - including the 640 rings/necks (making doing Taladite Crystal work orders worthwhile even without JC), the basic gems, and any of the other items required for the daily quest if you are not a JC (the trainer sells you patterns if you are a JC). You absolutely don't need to be a JC to complete the quest. I have the building on 6 toons, only 1 of which is a JC and do that quest 6x a day.

Deleted
    Engineering is better than it used to be.

Selling crafted gun upgrades is about the same profit as of any other professions (maybe BS weapons go for a bit more but not much) so your WOD mats are covered by that.

Aside from that, sky golems are great profit if you can find good supply of cheap GiO and trillium. On my server I can, easily. Sky golem making 12-16k profit every 30 days for 1 click of effort, not too shabby.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Engineering is better than it used to be.

Selling crafted gun upgrades is about the same profit as of any other professions (maybe BS weapons go for a bit more but not much) so your WOD mats are covered by that.

Aside from that, sky golems are great profit if you can find good supply of cheap GiO and trillium. On my server I can, easily. Sky golem making 12-16k profit every 30 days for 1 click of effort, not too shabby.
    You mean 31 clicks. 1 for each day and a 2nd one for the 30 th.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    There's generally far too many people with engineering and not enough uses for it, so it's pretty much a worthless profession in terms of gold making.
    I make 10k per week with engineering, selling 1 sort of item on AH. Making this item takes me around 10 minutes work per week.

Worthless? No way.

That doesnt even count for the mounts I sell

I have been making gold with crafting the Immaculate gems and the item that upgrades craftables (lowest ilvl) but that could just be my server. I mostly buy the Savage Bloods and Felblight with a profit still to be had.

I'd say JC, but maybe it's server dependent. I make a small fortune selling gems.

Both are hard - engineering is pretty much based around making gold through mounts

What is considered to be the best profession class for WoD? I know this can be server dependent, but don't really want to start investing time in something, and not really making a good return from it