Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Video:Police Beating and Tasing Alabama Student After Responding to Noise Complaint

http://thebiglead.com/2015/11/08/vid...ise-complaint/

The Alabama student newspaper Crimson White shared multiple angles of video of this incident in which a student was dragged out of an apartment and tased by police who were responding to a noise complaint. One officer said the student was under arrest, but did not answer with a reason when asked why. When the student, who did not appear to be a physical aggressor, did not submit to the arrest, an officer entered the apartment, dragged the student out, tased him, and hit him with a night stick. As you can tell from the below video, a female was also dragged out of the apartment by other officers.

The student who was tased declined to comment to the newspaper. The city of Tuscaloosa issued the following statement:

@TuscaloosaPD has forwarded videos of an arrest made this morning to internal affairs investigators. Full investigation to be conducted.
    Video length is 45 seconds. Video is not normal formatting for a link, but the video itself is in the website link.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2015-11-11 at 04:18 AM.

That was a kerfuffle. Lots of drama.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

So a man who was under arrest tried to resist that arrest and his friend assisted in that.

Was a pretty textbook case of procedure.

You take a belligerent person down and force them to comply.

They don't get to stand there and cry "what am I being arrested for" that's just not how the process works.

And that about half way through, that cop, haha what a badass.

"this is all on video" -Whining girl.

"I don't give a SHIT, shut the fuck up" -Badass cop.

Hahah ...epic.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The problem was? Resist arrest, expect that resistance to be overcome. Nothing excessive and i'm not sure that even qualifies as a beating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    They don't get to stand there and cry "what am I being arrested for" that's just not how the process works.
    Yeah, actually it fucking is. You have every right to ask why you're bring arrested when you get fucking arrested. God damn you neocons are fucking full of shit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yeah, actually it fucking is. You have every right to ask why you're bring arrested when you get fucking arrested. God damn you neocons are fucking full of shit.
    You have a right to fully avail yourself of the justice process.

And that process does not hold court in a doorway.

If you are arrested you have the right to know why, you just don't get to know that before you're arrested.

It is information you may have after you are under arrest.

Now you insult me with your meme phrase "neocon" and claim I'm "full of shit" but clearly you have incorrect knowledge and should educate yourself.
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2015-11-11 at 04:32 AM.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a right to fully avail yourself of the justice process.

And that process does not hold court in a doorway.

A noise complaint ...doesn't get you arrested.

There is more to this.
    Such strong statements you said before. Now you would rather wait for more information?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Such strong statements you said before. Now you would rather wait for more information?
    Wait as in withhold judgement?

No.

But I am curious how a noise complaint turns into an arrest.

Of course as with all these types of videos we never get to see what started it all.
    MAGA

So a man who was under arrest tried to resist that arrest and his friend assisted in that.

Was a pretty textbook case of procedure.
    Why is it that people only care about the first two constitutional amendments? Are there too many for people to remember?

The cop did not have the legal right to enter. That is the only crime that was committed.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201..._in_tusca.html

At today's press conference, [Police Chief] Anderson said he immediately ordered an investigation. "Needless to say, once I started watching it, I was deeply disturbed by what I saw,'' the chief said.

Anderson said if a police officer knocks on your door and you come to the door, it becomes a consensual contact. However, he said, "No the officer cannot just go in."

That was a lot of cops turning up for a noise complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    And they caused a lot more noise than whatever was being complained about.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I wish cops would show up like this for all noise complaints.

With all the rage I've manifested over shitty asshole neighbors being loud its a wonder I never beat any of them to death over it.
    MAGA

15+ Year Old Account
    So.. not a textbook case of procedure.
    Good thing the kids recorded it.

Last edited by Bakis; 2015-11-11 at 05:00 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I wish cops would show up like this for noise complaints.

With all the rage I've manifested over shitty asshole neighbors being loud its a wonder I never beat any of them to death over it.
    So you don't want your tax dollars to go towards free tampons, but you're just fine with paying millions in settlements to citizens who have had their constitutional rights violated?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    This is edgy stuff. Tell me, how is someone who is always the victim of MMO champion going to beat someone to death over a noise complaint?
    Victim of stupidity and SJW raging mouth foamers who take to telling me what I mean and who cant follow the meaning of posts?

Yea, victim of that alright but hey that's the internet.

-point: number of cops

-continued on that point: number of cops

So you don't want your tax dollars to go towards free tampons, but you're just fine with paying millions in settlements to citizens who have had their constitutional rights violated?
    -invents his own point, somehow, injecting tampons and AHH MAAA GAAADDDD my rights my rights AHHHH!!!
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    Victim of stupidity and SJW raging mouth foamers who take to telling me what I mean and who cant follow the meaning of posts?

Yea, victim of that alright but hey that's the internet.

-point: number of cops

-continued on that point: number of cops

-invents his own point, somehow, injecting tampons and AHH MAAA GAAADDDD my rights my rights AHHHH!!!

Calm the fuck down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zombergy you can settle this by just admitting you were wrong, this is not a textbook procedure when all acounts so far point to unlawfull entry as part of it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Zombergy you can settle this by just admitting you were wrong, this is not a textbook procedure when all acounts so far point to unlawfull entry as part of it.
    Settle what?
    MAGA

So can I ask if these guys were black if the response on these forums would be different? Any takers?

15+ Year Old Account
    Settle what?
    I might have formulated it poorly but settle as in your unwavering support for the officers actions, after all you said it was a textbook example when it is perfectly reasonable that if the officers didnt not break the law by entering it would not have escalated like it did.