Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Do we actually give up shadowform for this new voidform? Or will this just be added ontop of shadowform as some kind of ultimate?
    The actual Shadowform spell is currently gone, but how we lock at 0 Insanity is an open question.

But i guess if they removed it together with the spell effect, quite a few (more than just many) Shadowpriests wouldn't like it. So let's hope that the Shadowform effect and Glyph of Shadowy Friends effect are still around, if not, we can just riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    if not, we can just riot.
    I have my pitchfork tines sharpened to a pinpoint edge.

Deleted
    Shadowform was the ONLY reason I main'd a Shadow Priest in Vanilla. Only after that I learned to love the gameplay and the fantasy of the class and I sticked to it in BC, LK, Cata and MoP.

Then, WoD came and finish destroying the fun of the spec for me (which started in MoP with the orb builder DP spender model I hate SO MUCH) and I'm currently having fun on my BrM / WW Monk.

I'm hyped as fuck by the changes of Legion and intend to come back to the shadow way of life by then but I sure hope Shadowform will remain !

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I think that they are still considering the reduced cooldown of Void Blast first before applying haste scaling.
    assuming it'd work like COP's reduction to mindblast cd. or you mean what the cooldown will be if you have mindblast on cooldown then go into voidform?

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Do we actually give up shadowform for this new voidform? Or will this just be added ontop of shadowform as some kind of ultimate?
    I believe that 0 insanity will be normal form and as it goes one it will add more features (according to the script it's 25,50,75) that include shadowform visuals plus tentacles etc and then end up with Voidform. Thing like the traditional shadowform visual or the reduced one or even shadow orbs might be included in minor glyph options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I back pedal in pve quite a bit, sometimes you run to far foward by mistake or strafe casting just isn't a viable option. Is it also bad i'll use my keyboard to turn my screen when i'm healing/dotting a bunch of stuff because i can't afford to hold my right MB down for a second?
    I generally mouseturn during cast times or while a GCD is completing. But I've also kept back pedal as a key, just for the occasional fine tuning of position, where I want to be slightly further back, but don't want to turn around and move there.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    hmm, those artifact talents look bit underwhelming -.- tbh i rly hope for smthing like 150 insanity and ability to use insanity over 100 freely so we can at least somehow manage it
    dmg from single target on targets with SW:P seems nice and procing of dots with mind seer as well, but in comparision to sub rogue its nothing QQ

Deleted
    Those artifact talents are amazing. We're going back to the core of multidotting to gain damage out of it.

Here's to hoping our dots finally hit hard, all classes have harder ticking dots than ours right now T_T

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    What I'm curious about regarding the artifact tree is Mass Hysteria; "each stack of voidform increases damage SWP and VT by X".

Did i somehow miss this detail before? That we can get voidform stacks to increase damage even further? Sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    Did i somehow miss this detail before? That we can get voidform stacks to increase damage even further? Sounds awesome.
    Void Form is a stacking buff because of the 1% Haste Stuff - so it might simple be something like 1% Haste and 1% DoT damage per second in Void Form.

A more important queston is if that buff transfers to outside of Void Form like haste does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    What I'm curious about regarding the artifact tree is Mass Hysteria; "each stack of voidform increases damage SWP and VT by X".

The thing is we still need to be balanced somehow. If you can stack buff after buff while in void form ramping up insane damage at the end of it, it also means the damage outside of void form will suck.

The result is that under ideal circumstances over a prolonged fight we might be able to get into the top 3 - however for anything else where there's phases of movement or no targets (think CM) our damage will fall way behind.

Having repeated phases of high and low damage is not necessarily a good thing especially when it includes ramping up and you have little to no control over it.
    So while more damage tacked on to void form may sound awesome at first, it mainly just makes you more dependent on stacking those buffs AND being able to use them in an encounter. If that fails for one reason or another your damage will suffer more with each buff associated with void form.

While in a single player game this could be awesome, in a balanced MMO game it only puts you in a disadvantage since then even more things have to align perfectly to deliver comparable damage.

Deleted
    Voidform stacks are probably the haste stacks. But this is going to be silly, if u have high haste stacks, then every stack increases dot damage..

Sphere of Insanity worries me a bit. Since it procs when *entering* void form, won't it be absurdly complex to use it well since we'll have to manage void phase prolonged by almost every "+insanity" talent, paired with the inability to control the insanity generation?

I am orgasming with all those fantastic talents. Finally we can kite our opponent as much as we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    Sphere of Insanity worries me a bit. Since it procs when *entering* void form, won't it be absurdly complex to use it well since we'll have to manage void phase prolonged by almost every "+insanity" talent, paired with the inability to control the insanity generation?
    All spells you'll use in Void Form are direct damage, and likely all of them generate Insanity. (MB, Void Bolt, SW:V) Even SW:P initial should still be direct damage.

There doesn't seem to be anything complex about it at all. Just a visual upgrade for something a PvP talent also does.

I am orgasming with all those fantastic talents. Finally we can kite our opponent as much as we need.
    Good for PvP - but for PvE that terrible is in a horrible position in the tree - it's the first node after your initial node, and blocks the way to two major nodes. If you don't want to take it (and no PvE shadowpriest will waste points on it), you are forced on a path 6 minor trait points longer. That talent should go in a much more off-road talent slot on the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Except for the snare after the stun, I don't see other 'kiting' talents -- am I missing something?

These talents don't impress me, however. Void Torrents seems a spell that locks us in place for 6 seconds (2 secs cast plus 4 secs channel), and most other talents seem solid, but... Not so fancy. Destro warlocks for example open 'holes through the walls of time and space' and make Infernals rain, we get a bunch of "+dmg", "+proc", "+heal", a major talents who to me seems almost impossible to manage properly, another who does a conceptually similar thing (Sphere of Insanity and Void Corruption respectively, both extend damage to dotted targets - not counting the PvP one), and no talent reveals some new spell or mechanic.

Not final talents, it's beta, and so on, I know, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeserbrezen
    All spells you'll use in Void Form are direct damage, and likely all of them generate Insanity. (MB, Void Bolt, SW:V) Even SW:P initial should still be direct damage.

There doesn't seem to be anything complex about it at all. Just a visual upgrade for something a PvP talent also does.
    I meant that since it lasts 15 seconds, I think we should try to use it when adds come, multitarget phases, and so on. But it procs when entering voidform, so I think it will be difficult to use "whenever it's needed" if we can't delay voidform, trigger it at will, and supposedly won't leave voidform quickly since we have a bunch of '+insanity' talents (reducing the chances that we'll be ready to re-trigger it if needed). But probably I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Naga Coatl; 2015-11-27 at 01:40 PM.

The channelled ability/dot is quite good, it stops insanity consumption during void form : it extends it : more stacks : more haste : more dot damage : more damage : pew pew.

I don't find destro lock talent to be really amazing. You summon random portal... meh. Rain of infernal ... is it just an animation change with a damage increase or does it summon several infernal that fight for them ?

BM hunters got the best talent atm imo.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    BM hunters got the best talent atm imo.
    Which one?

Everywhere At Once seems pretty god damn OP, 3 second cooldown on Blink? WTF

Deleted
    Be interesting to see how Void Torrent interacts with Surrender to Madness since it stops insanity draining while channeling.

Thinking during execute phase <35% with RoS you'll be able to vastly extend the amount of time you can spend in void form with the drain before you die.

For instance you can SW for a full insanity bar so you can cast VTor when SW has 6s left on the cooldown to delay the drain and reset your insanity to 100.

Im sure there are many other possibility's for doing this, like void bolt!!

Really struggling to decide to main shadow or disc now seen the artifact traits, look soooooooo good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Which one?

Everywhere At Once seems pretty god damn OP, 3 second cooldown on Blink? WTF
    I meant fun wise ^_^

Homophobia is so gay.