Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wise masters!

I've dabbled with Holy in Cata and had a blast, then in MoP, and especially in WoD, I didn't play it much if at all, but now it's changed again and no longer dominated massively by the boring Disc. So maybe I'd like to try again.

In your opinion, would the playstyle of taking all talents synergising with Serendipity: Light of the Naaru -> Piety -> Divinity -> Apotheosis be viable at all? Or is it not worth it because the alternatives are far superior (like CoH)? Taking Enlightenment and trying to cast aggressively to reduce Holy Words as much as possible and play them every 15-20 seconds or so sounds fun as hell! But is it realistic? [normal caveats about beta apply, I am well aware]

Piety is crap, as far as I'm concerned, and SoL helps your idea of casting aggressively better anyway.

Only having been able to really test Mythic+'s recently, CoH seems almost go-to over Apotheosis.

I'm sure we'll be pressured into Symbol of Hope over Light of the Na'aru for raiding, as well (which doesn't necessarily hurt us, as we benefit from SoH too). Time will tell on that one though.

Deleted
    Yeah, I can see how Symbol could be almost required for Mythic. Oh well, if I can play around in (keystone) mythic 5-mans with a a build like that (minus Piety) I'll be at least somewhat content.

Hello, I have a question. If I use a healing spell ( 10k ) , the Mastery is triggered ( 10 % ) . Echo of Light ( 1k )

Now if I use another healing spells ( 20k ) is the current HoT reset and stronger ( 2k )

If I use a healing ( 5k ) , the ongoing HoT is also reset but the HoT is also reduced.

Echo of Light ( 500 )

Is that planned ?

Please excuse my bad english.

thank you=)
    Last edited by Bonjama; 2016-06-20 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Been playing arround with Trail of Light, Light of Naaru, Surge of Light and divine star. Trail of light doesnt require constant switching targets to get the 40% heal on the other target I found. Divine Star procc surge of light like crazy. So geting loads of free and instant Flash of Lights that heals 2 targets. So all in all it gives alot of Holy Word Serenity.

i wanna be this heal for legion, but when i see the q&a of dev they say if u have a priest is better if it is disc :c
    i need that naaru in my back

Quote Originally Posted by Adsoldeux View Post
    i wanna be this heal for legion, but when i see the q&a of dev they say if u have a priest is better if it is disc :c
    i need that naaru in my back
    Please provide an exact quote, thank you.

Holy seems to be back where they belong, the highest throughput healer in the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Holy seems to be back where they belong, the highest throughput healer in the game.
    He understood it wrong or didn't listen very well. Got it from here https://youtu.be/YLbiU1oIXLo?t=52m23s. Quote happens at 53:02.

The quote was among the lines of "If you had a priest (in WoD) he should be disc".
    Last edited by mmocb00de5a34b; 2016-06-21 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    He understood it wrong or didn't listen very well. Got it from here https://youtu.be/YLbiU1oIXLo?t=52m23s. Quote happens at 53:02.

The quote was among the lines of "If you had a priest (in WoD) he should be disc".
    There was an earlier comment about this clarifying his meaning when this was brought up in a previous dev Q&A:

"To be clear, we don’t think the current state of priest healer representation is a desirable one – I was describing the present reality, not stating our design goal."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=116#2307
    Last edited by lifegutter; 2016-06-21 at 12:56 PM.

This from wowhead:

Will the two priest healing specs be equal?
    Equal in a sense. Discipline vs Holy has been tough in the past. Holy Priests were always useful and good with throughput, but didn't bring anything unique. Discipline Priests had unique benefit and synergized incredibly well. Led to feeling that if you had space for a Priest, it should be Disc.
    Now - Holy is versatile healer, while Discipline is healer/damage hybrid.

i cant put the link :v

Quote Originally Posted by Adsoldeux View Post
    This from wowhead:

Will the two priest healing specs be equal?
    Equal in a sense. Discipline vs Holy has been tough in the past. Holy Priests were always useful and good with throughput, but didn't bring anything unique. Discipline Priests had unique benefit and synergized incredibly well. Led to feeling that if you had space for a Priest, it should be Disc.
    Now - Holy is versatile healer, while Discipline is healer/damage hybrid.

i cant put the link :v
    yeah as I thought, you miss read it. He is talking about the past. Note the use of 'had' which is the past form of have.
    Disc used to be the default priest healer. Now Holy is about versatility and throughput which Disc is a healer/dmg hybrid.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

yeah as I thought, you miss read it. He is talking about the past. Note the use of 'had' which is the past form of have.
    Disc used to be the default priest healer. Now Holy is about versatility and throughput which Disc is a healer/dmg hybrid.
    omg that´s true sorry :v
    then i will need that naaru in my back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Been playing arround with Trail of Light, Light of Naaru, Surge of Light and divine star. Trail of light doesnt require constant switching targets to get the 40% heal on the other target I found. Divine Star procc surge of light like crazy. So geting loads of free and instant Flash of Lights that heals 2 targets. So all in all it gives alot of Holy Word Serenity.
    Finally somebody wrote right things, and as always, they were ignored =( I wrote about it 20 pages back . I also see that crit > mastery with that sort of talents (when u get last trait Blessing of Tuure)
    Last edited by mmocdcd207bc1e; 2016-06-22 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsuke View Post
    Finally somebody wrote right things, and as always, they were ignored =( I wrote about it 20 pages back . I also see that crit > mastery with that sort of talents (when u get last trait Blessing of Tuure)
    I doubt they were ignored but there won't be only 1 valid play style. There will be "right things" boss by boss, there will be other factors such as progress vs farm, raid comp and you assignment in the group.
    And of course the content you are doing.

Edit: Also personal preference, confidence and comfort will affect choices.
    Last edited by Comfort; 2016-06-22 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Forgot personal aspects.

Deleted
    I finally got to beta (a bit late, I know), went to try Holy and I have several questions (mostly Mythic+ focused):

1) I didn't have the opportunity to try other healing specs - how are priests performing in a comparison to the others? I know we have high throughput and Serenity is awesome for frequent oh-sh*t moments, but I feel like we are severely lacking utility

2) Is CoH really so strong as everyone says? I was experimenting with Apotheosis/Binding heal/Light of the Naaru for the Mythic+ dungeons and it felt strong

3) Renew - I can see it being strong as always in raids, but in 5mans it seemed a bit lackluster, especially since it has no further synergy...

As I fun sidenote, I was surprised how good is the Spirit of Redemption in Mythics - I have seen several would-be-wipes that I was able to prevent by having those extra 15 seconds

CoH is basically the only talent worth using for 5-mans, because it gives healing while moving and allows spread healing because not every group is 4 melee and the healer. Surge of Light is basically the superior talent for mythic+ dungeons as well because high levels devolve into spamming flash heal on the tank mainly almost all the time, binding heal is semi-useless because PoH is almost always superior because it gets boosted from artifact while binding heal doesn't.

The only downside holy has for mythic+ dungeons is damage reduction and the only thing you have available is talenting desperate prayer and using it like a self rallying cry so you don't get 1-shotted, otherwise spec is really solid. I'm already doing +8-9 with no problems, haven't tried further because the gear check is pretty severe due to tyrannical/fortified affixes coming into play on level 10 past.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    CoH is basically the only talent worth using for 5-mans, because it gives healing while moving and allows spread healing because not every group is 4 melee and the healer. Surge of Light is basically the superior talent for mythic+ dungeons as well because high levels devolve into spamming flash heal on the tank mainly almost all the time, binding heal is semi-useless because PoH is almost always superior because it gets boosted from artifact while binding heal doesn't.
    I dunno, with the advent of DH looming over us, I would expect a LOT of 3 melee + tank groups. It was that way in beta for a good period of time, not to mention several melee specs got some complete overhauling, namely survival and outlaw.

I personally enjoy Apotheosis (the animation is AMAZING), and I can see it contending in some places during mythic + with super high tank damage incoming. Two Flash Heals and you can Holy Word again, it's MASSIVE single target healing for 30s.

I've played priest on and off since late TBC and this is the first time I'm looking forward to going Holy over Disc. It's one of my favorite healing specs in the game now.

Am I the only idiot thinking benediction is a strong competitor? Hear me out.

Currently, since the deep artifact talents are unattainable, CoH seems to be the go to talent. However, if we have the PoM trait at 6/6 (35%), we can on average expect 7.69 bounces. Benediction + the other artifact PoM trait seems very good the smaller the group size. It does a similar amount of total healing with Holy Mending if renew is on the targets (not something unlikely if you take Benediction in a small group) with the benefit of not costing any mana and also leaving a few refreshed renews behind. The real advantage is that in many cases PoMs jump pattern means it distributes total healing unevenly across the party, skewed towards tanks, which results in less overhealing.

The only problem is when PoM gets stuck for a long time due to lack of group damage (but then CoH is not very useful in that case either). So the talents will be dictated by incoming damage pattern: burst -> CoH; sustained -> Benediction. Apotheosis is functionally too different to be comparable but I guess fits better for those no raid damage -> then a fuckton of raid damage for a short while type fights, although I feel it clashes with Tranq/DH for that niche.

Ive seen a holy priest with wings and body Light/gold
    What is the spell ?

Quote Originally Posted by croghan View Post
    Ive seen a holy priest with wings and body Light/gold
    What is the spell ?
    Apotheosis. Lvl 100 talent.