Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    There is not much choice from the Shaman side of weapons, and the Doomhammer is such a iconic one which makes it okey even though its from a Horde side, same with Ashbringer.

Swords however, there is alooot from, and warrior swords for that matter
    There's a lot to choose fro you say, and still we get ones made up on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    The Warrior arifacts are such a let down. Even the Arms sword doesn't look iconic. I would have thought they'd go for something chunky and big and simple yet with some nice detail. The Fury and Arms artifacts just look too intricate and oddly shaped. A friend of mine suggested Lothar's sword and I think that is exactly what an Arms Warrior artifact should look like.

Thoughts?

Here's an excerpt from Turalyon's page:
    Turalyon reasoned that the Light only united the creatures of Azeroth, and that creatures who did not belong there - like the orcs - could be struck down with impunity.[11] Now confident in his faith, Turalyon began to shine with a brilliant glow that forced onlookers to shield their eyes.

Taking up Lothar's shattered sword, Turalyon disarmed Doomhammer and struck him unconscious. Other orcs cowered from him as the light around him grew blinding, and the black rock on which he stood was blanched white by its power.[12] Turalyon and the other paladins rallied the Alliance forces, while many of the orcs began to panic.
    Looks like our good ol' buddy Turalyon was the last known person to have Lothar's REAL sword. It was broken, but knowing his connection to Lothar, he probably carried it as his weapon to channel the Light through. Ashkandi has seemingly never been confirmed to be connected to Lothar outside of the A.L. flavor text. Haven't been able to ever find a Blizzard confirmation on the subject.

So yeah, I'd wager you don't see us getting his sword because his second in command who took up his sword after he was killed is still carrying it.

Also, Thoradin's sword for Arms is a VERY big deal. Lothar is actually a descendent of Thoradin (the Arathi bloodline). He's the human who convinced all the early human tribes to unite and form the nation of Arathor. Orcs are not native to Azeroth, so having the Artifacts be based off of native lore and events makes more sense. As well as the fact we will most definitely see Thoradin and the early humans have lore explained in Legion with the Vrykul in Stormheim.

Vrykul that left Northrend to search for their real gods and to escape Ymiron's decree of killing "weak" children are the Vrykul that Humans seed from. Most likely these same Vrykul will be the Vrykul in Stormheim, who are obviously pretty far from Northrend AND have been quoted by Blizzard to be "searching for their true gods"
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    An Orc wielding a big gold and blue sword with a lion on it would look a bit silly. Doomhammer and Ashbringer aren't quite as obviously one faction in appearance.
    Um, doomhammer has the horde mark on it. It's right on the side. Why would an alliance person wield a weapon that has the horde mark on it? Looks just as silly as a hordie with an alliance centric weapon. Plus, doomhammer had heavy orc background.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Um, doomhammer has the horde mark on it. It's right on the side. Why would an alliance person wield a weapon that has the horde mark on it? Looks just as silly as a hordie with an alliance centric weapon. Plus, doomhammer had heavy orc background.
    Entirely Orc background really.

There are really no weapons more Orc than the Doomhammer.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Too much Alliance style
    ... And the Doomhammer isnt too much horde? You are adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    ... And the Doomhammer isnt too much horde? You are adorable.
    Hell the Ashbringer is amazingly Alliance.

Weapons of a human champion
    Forged by a dwarf
    Powered by a Naaru

Then you have another things like Allerias bow which is just hugely high/blood elf to the point where it doesnt look right when used by others. Especcially since almost all the models have that same bird motiff that the Elves love so much.

The artifacts are largely ill planned and any argument against other artifacts fall apart when you look at the logic behind others. Lothar's sword may be Alliance, but other artifacts are also strongly one faction or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    An Orc wielding a big gold and blue sword with a lion on it would look a bit silly. Doomhammer and Ashbringer aren't quite as obviously one faction in appearance.
    ashbringer has the L of lordaeron and doomhammer has the wolf symbol of the frost wolves...
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Deleted
    Too much Alliance style
    You mean like the weapons from SoO and much of the WoD stuff?

its would haven been:
    arms: Lothar swords
    fury: Broxigar axes
    prot: the current one
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Deleted
    Ashbringer and Doomhammer is way more iconic than Lothar's Sword. Gorehowl is a better choice tbh than Lothar's Sword.

However, give Lothar's Sword to Alliance and Gorehowl to the Horde would been ideal.
    and why would horde players want a plain axe like Gorehowl? There is nothing that makes it special , outside of its owner ofc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Speaking of the doomhammer (off topic I know) But anyone else feel like they missed out on a new model opportunity for that artifact - They had all these versions of doomhammer, but why not like a Wildhammer doomhammer (Wildhammers shamans are known for using dwarven stormhammers) and keep the same recognizable silhouette of the doomhammer but make it dwarven with the wildhammer crest replacing the frost wolf.

*Looks at my avatar*

maybe I'm biased

On topic now: I am against Lothar's sword. Why?

cause it's a sword. We have too many sword artifacts. If we had to have swords I'd say stick with the vrykul/barbarian ones. But just...no more swords. We need axe/mace artifacts for a warrior spec or two.
    I love the idea with the doomhammer u suggested , but this isnt a shaman thread

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    but this isnt a shaman thread
    I'm well aware thank you, hence why I said it was off topic. But Doomhammer was the current conversation topic at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by -Slayerx- View Post
    its would haven been:
    arms: Lothar swords
    fury: Broxigar axes
    prot: the current one
    Switch arms with fury, and that would have been better.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uberlag View Post
    So that's either Quel'Zaram or Ashkandi, or the Royal Sword of Stormwind (which was given to Turalyon and promptly shattered).
    From what I can glean Quel'Zaram might actually be Ashkandi, which if true is already available in 2 iterations making it an unlikely candidate at all.

Obviously they could go back and make the distinction that Quel'Zaram and Ashkandi are different swords, but even still I'm not sure I want another Quel'____. Honestly I think the previously thought of ideas of Gorehowl/Axe of Cenarius would be better (Gorehowl being my favorite personally).

I don't think the current artifact looks BAD I just think it looks more like a dungeon blue 2h sword than some "legendary artifact" which is actually the way I feel about all the warrior artifacts, couldn't throw us a bone with at least 1 established weapon?
    Gorehowl has 2 iterations in the game currently (Kara and the corrupted version from Siege) and has a third similar looking weapon in the Warsong Howling Axe from Blood Furnace. As much as it's your opinion, I don't know if you can shoot one down for being in the game and not another .

Are we even sure that these weapons are 100% cannon in game for Legions?

Some really outshine others, I don't think Blizzard wants class proportions skewed because some artifacts look like dog shit compared to others 5 to 10 months before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Are we even sure that these weapons are 100% cannon in game for Legions?

Some really outshine others, I don't think Blizzard wants class proportions skewed because some artifacts look like dog shit compared to others 5 to 10 months before release.
    I think there is little they're gonna change at this point. They have probably already spent a lot of time on graphics, backstory and quests leading up to it. They might add more skins in a content patch later, which might be very different from the sword designs, so let's hope for that, I guess.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonborn View Post
    While it's pretty Artifacistic(wut?) It lacks power and is just a popular sword of a powerful ALLIANCE hero.
    Remind me, of which faction does that Green Jesus superman hero belong to?

Ah yes, he was actually Warchief of the Horde.

Now... What weapon does he equip? Ah that's right! Doomhammer, the Shaman Artifact!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Remind me, of which faction does that Green Jesus superman hero belong to?

Ah yes, he was actually Warchief of the Horde.

Now... What weapon does he equip? Ah that's right! Doomhammer, the Shaman Artifact!
    And before that it was the weapon of one of the greatest of all Orc warriors. Forged on the Orc planets and given an Orc prophesy

Orc Orc Orc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I think there is little they're gonna change at this point. They have probably already spent a lot of time on graphics, backstory and quests leading up to it. They might add more skins in a content patch later, which might be very different from the sword designs, so let's hope for that, I guess.
    Actually, a lot of the Artifacts have overlap on where you get them.

Two from Northrend and attached in some way to the LK

Two (possible 3) under Kara

At least three under Tirisfall

Four in a Dalaran vault

Two in the same Vrykul tomb (prot warrior and prot paladin)

Two hidden away by the Celestials

Four you take from a powerful demon.

A few we dont have enough info yet.

So the quests will likely overlap a bit. I doubt it would be to difficult to change one of the stories on any of them. They would just change it to another one of the chosen locations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    because ashbringer isn't too much alliance style, what with the lordaron logo and all?

Doomhammer isn't horde style, with the frostwolf logo and all?
    the alliance of lordaeron is dead as fuck. now the forsaken undead rule lordaeron, sooooooo no.

doomhammer is more horde than ashbringer is alliance, but it is a shamanic weapon through and through. plus ashkandi (speculated lothar's weapon) is already a drop in game, and theyre not rehashing old drops for artifacts because that would be dumb da dumb dumb dumb
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    the alliance of lordaeron is dead as fuck. now the forsaken undead rule lordaeron, sooooooo no.

doomhammer is more horde than ashbringer is alliance, but it is a shamanic weapon through and through. plus ashkandi (speculated lothar's weapon) is already a drop in game, and theyre not rehashing old drops for artifacts because that would be dumb da dumb dumb dumb
    Ashbringer
    Forged by a dwarf king
    Wielded by a human champion
    Purified by another human champion