Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    So there ARE some scenarios where it's acceptable to beat your spouse.

Thanks, Kim Pentico of the National Network to End Domestic Violence.
    Sometimes people should just put a gun in their mouth. Jees.
    Fear is not fear, it is only fear when its fear +x....
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    Do you even know what crimes mean?

The meaning of this thread is to raise awareness on how unfair society and the justice system are against men, actually. (i.e if you stop swallowing feminist propaganda)
    You may found it pathetic, and all the while praising feminists when they do the same (with some damage on men's life at the conclusion), but this needs to be done otherwise people keep creating a society even more unfair for men. (Well it seems that it's growing worse everyday, but it should not stop men for trying)
    Edited before you posted, sorry. After digging some the 2nd line was so far off that I removed it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Well, I am pretty sure if I slapped my x who took nudes of me without my consent I would be in jail right now
    Unfortunately any guy who slaps his ex for doing this will go to jail. Any girl that does this will get compliments for standing up for herself.

In both cases beating someone up is wrong. In both cases circumstances should be taken into account for the punishment. (or even if not to punish) It is very unfortunate that these differences exist

edit: My point being greatly illustrated by Kim Pentico. The threat of violence is different for men and women? If you mean due to physical differences women are more likely to be on the receiving end, sure. But how on earth does this justify any difference in treatment when it's not just a threat but there has been actual violence?

Acting differently when a man was assaulted by a women instead of a woman assaulted by a man is sexism, plain and simple.
    Last edited by mmocd842740b60; 2015-11-11 at 03:07 PM.

Well of course, how else can you get a decent meal?

the guy is an idiot and lucky for not being on life support
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    the guy is an idiot and lucky for not being on life support
    She is also lucky for not putting him in life support.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account

That's not what she said at all. She said the situation needs to be fully investigated before we jump to conclusions. There's a pretty strong chance that it was domestic violence and there's also a pretty strong chance that the boyfriend in question isn't interested in pursuing charges.

Also from later in the article,

"Any use of violence that's not done in the context of self-defense is not OK," Pentico said, "and people should be held accountable, period."

What they article is trying to express and what Xarim is trying to spin it as are two different things.
    Last edited by fengosa; 2015-11-11 at 03:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    That's not what she said at all. She said the situation needs to be fully investigated before we jump to conclusions. There's a pretty strong chance that it was domestic violence and there's also a pretty strong chance that the boyfriend in question isn't interested in pursuing charges.
    That is not so controversial and it should not be at all, the fear part however. I find it awkward to go that venue of reasoning.

Maybe he deserved to get his ass kicked that day and has decided not to press charges accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    No, she went on this wllittle journey about how "It's different when women do it and men are scarier." Loving that equality.

He might not also press charges because of people like you and Kim who don't want to admit this was DV or treat him like shit for "Getting beat up by a girl".

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Maybe he deserved to get his ass kicked that day and has decided not to press charges accordingly.
    If he deserved it, there has to be a situation when it is acceptable for me to beat up my GF. Taking a selfie with me and posting it online without my consent? BITCH YOU ASS GON' GET KNOCKED OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Noitatohtori View Post
    If he deserved it, there has to be a situation when it is acceptable for me to beat up my GF. Taking a selfie with me and posting it online without my consent? BITCH YOU ASS GON' GET KNOCKED OUT
    He also blocked her refused to get out of the way.

Here is the full story of what actualy happend:
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/1...n-ex-boyfriend

100% legit.
    Last edited by uxzuigal; 2015-11-11 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Source

Judges have ruled fighters' fists and feed are deadly weapons, so this was assault with a deadly weapon. He should have pressed charges. Rousey obviously wasn't in fear of physical harm from him, so she beat him out of anger. If it were a male fighter beating his girlfriend for similar reasons, he'd get hell thrown at him.
    Last edited by dd614; 2015-11-11 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    I don't think that excuse would still work if it was a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Wife beaters are studying this case closely to see what can fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    She is also lucky for not putting him in life support.
    She's a woman, she would never have to worry even if she killed him.
    Caitlyn Jenner, killed one man and sent 3 other to the hospital, got praised by feminist everywhere. No charges

also look at that http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ter-Lloyd.html
    Last edited by mmoc4678df31ad; 2015-11-11 at 03:23 PM.

Deleted
    Difficult one really. If it was a one off event and no history of domestic violence... However if it was the other way around the guy would be in jail, regardless of if Rousey wanted to press charges or not.

Problem is she is a trained, professional fighter and very bloody good at it. I love watching her fights and think she's awesome. I do however think she should face some kind of penalty or punishment for it though. Don't boxers punches count as weapons or something?
    I don't want her to be forced to give her belt up in some interim period for being banned though.

Suppose ultimately regardless of who she is, she did something wrong and should face punishment for that.
    If her bf took nudes without her consent (which it sounds like he did) then he should also face punishment for that.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sadly not, but the situation is abit different also: A man usualy has the physical superiority to get away anyways, bit more difficult for women to do the same in most cases. But in the case of a superior strong woman blocking a guy from escape, the man would probably be safe. But nothing is guranteed, men rights in DV cases is rather sketchy.

She was under distress and threat of physical injury or one could argue that she was rather easyli, self defense.. he also grabbed the steering wheel of the car, showing behaviour that is rather scary.

100% legit.
    That doesn't actually excuse anything, you realize this, yes? You don't get to beat the shit out of people for doing things you don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You don't get to beat the shit out of people for doing things you don't like.
    This is why we have laws to prevent partners from being able to smash the shit out of each other after a tough day at the office.
    Hi

100% legit.
    Okay, okay, so selfie without consent and during the aroused fight about the matter, if she stops me from leaving the room, then I can beat her half to death? Got it.