Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Minor gripe about the change to Monk weapons not being upside down on their backs. I know others didn't like it,but I thought it was cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Minor gripe about the change to Monk weapons not being upside down on their backs. I know others didn't like it,but I thought it was cool.
    Wait I didn't see this change, where can I read this?

Personally, I think the changes make MW monk's look far more interesting than they were this expo. In MoP monks were new, interesting, and had choices. Said choices were taken away throughout the expo and even more so going into WoD, and that's why they were boring as watching paint dry during WoD.

The new mechanics and abilities should breathe far more viability, raid value, and be more balanced than previous iterations of MW.

Essentially, our new "SCK" is 40yd range, which is awesome and helps fix one of our problems (only heal the group you're standing on instead of most damaged members who we can't heal if they don't have RNGeM), and contains the "AoE throughput" portion of ReM with it. This means our healing can be more concentrated into our spellcasts instead of gated around CD's which you can't accurately predict 10-20s in advance in all cases (you can in some). Essentially, this helps remove the "MW will do absurd amounts of overhealing, which also means that in times of extreme throughput need they will destroy every other class." Hello balance, what an interesting friend.

Vivify also helps to fix an area we lacked: targeted burst/area burst healing. (Though chi burst kind of solves this on a CD.) One thing MW lacked while having ReM/uplift was the ability to spotheal/target heal a person group whenever ReM wasn't on those targets. SCK helped if they were standing around you [but lacked range and ultimately throughput as well], but now our SCK is 40yd range [awesome] and meant for high throughput AoE situations [also cool: mana=>throughput, something I felt we previously lacked]. In replacement we get an actual spot healing ability without pre-reqs, although it's efficiency is amazing during "spot healing" methods and much lower during "spam this for throughput" times. This is an interesting way to gate the throughput/power of our spot heal without just slapping a CD on it like Circle of Healing from priests and differentiating it from chain heal. That being said, I would prefer the mechanic be gated by a CD and have a higher proc chance to be slightly more reliable, but hey MMO's are all about layers of RNG so this is much more acceptable RNG than RNGeM was.

Overall, the new spells and identity of MW looks like a spec I'm highly interested in, and it might be enough to make me actually come back to WoW again, since WoD essentially killed MW as far as I was concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Looks like Chi Explosion is gone. Front page for details.
    Going to miss this one for PvP. 40 yard range damage ability for BrM/WW was pretty damn good.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Except that argument does work perfectly in reality actually. The argument is true for literally 99% of bosses in WoW.
    And what are your examples for that? Archimonde/Manno requires 4 healers for key points in both encounters, and can easily be 3 healed in other parts. That's the reason that argument doesn't work.

There's more examples I could list from this tier alone, but I'm lazy.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-11-20 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmak View Post
    "We're adding more engaging damage-dealing rotations for all healers in Legion."
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...91889047842817

Whether that's for solo pve or raiding, that's all we know right now.
    I cannot find the quote, but they said something along the lines of wanting healers to be able to do damage to multiple targets to some extent. CJL doesn't really fit the bill, so there's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    And what are your examples for that? Archimonde/Manno requires 4 healers for key points in both encounters, and can easily be 3 healed in other parts. That's the reason that argument doesn't work.

There's more examples I could list from this tier alone, but I'm lazy.
    If there's any merit to the argument is that Mistweavers are not necessary whatsoever given the current toolkit. If a guild can find use for fistweaving then its utilitarian, but otherwise guilds get along just fine switching between their extra healer or dps. If you could accurately determine the best combination of healers and dps for a raid comp, I would wager a Mistweaver unlikely to bridge that gap.

Don't know yet i didn't play the beta.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

Quote Originally Posted by Oranguto View Post
    Are they not doing anything to Crackling Jade Lightning at all?

I would honestly call it the worst ability in the game for how stupidly inefficient it is and what it accomplishes.
    Looks like it's still there, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Wowhead has datamined the talents now:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=250045/l...-spell-changes
    Dragon Strike thing sounds cool.
    you can only use it if both FoF and RSK are on cooldown.

And Touch of Death seems to be just a big hit on a 2min cooldown.

And i also like that Energy brew, gives you full energy AND Chi.
    And serenity makes it so all chi consumers are FREE and not just refund the chi (always thought that was clunky and made no sense, and you could screw yourself up if you didn't have chi in advance).

but still, probably not gonna play WW with SEF.
    the idea of doing less damage to your main target is not working for me.

Starting with 0 chi out of combat is going to suck

All this stuff is so early and out of whack, just wait to see stuff in game to judge any of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    Dragon Strike thing sounds cool.
    you can only use it if both FoF and RSK are on cooldown.

And Touch of Death seems to be just a big hit on a 2min cooldown.

And i also like that Energy brew, gives you full energy AND Chi.
    And serenity makes it so all chi consumers are FREE and not just refund the chi (always thought that was clunky and made no sense, and you could screw yourself up if you didn't have chi in advance).

but still, probably not gonna play WW with SEF.
    the idea of doing less damage to your main target is not working for me.
    Dragon Strike sounds more like a filler ability to me. Serenity change is a nice quality of life update, but Touch of Death was definitely nerfed. It's not even an execute anymore, just a 8 second bomb. I feel like that's something from the class that really didn't need to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    All this stuff is so early and out of whack, just wait to see stuff in game to judge any of it.
    Considering that the expansion is set to air in a little less than 10 months there's nothing else better to do.

Deleted
    From a PvP standpoint the new Touch of Death should be remade into the kill bill "Five point palm exploding heart technique" and instead of killing a target it could bleed them the more they move That definitely gives it a better fighting skill feel than a 8 second living bomb.

From a PvE standpoint, the fact that it deals raw damage is fine but 8 seconds doesn't do it justice nor does it live up to the word "death" in any sense compared to how it works right now. The WW changes so far are still utterly disappointing and enraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    Dragon Strike sounds more like a filler ability to me. Serenity change is a nice quality of life update, but Touch of Death was definitely nerfed. It's not even an execute anymore, just a 8 second bomb. I feel like that's something from the class that really didn't need to be changed.
    I prefer the current version but the new version also seems usable at all hp values? And In terms of pvp you will be able to combo that delayed dmg to go off during a RSK>FoF>"Dragon strike" combo. I wouldn't really call it a nerf though

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    Considering that the expansion is set to air in a little less than 10 months there's nothing else better to do.
    I was referring to Wowhead's layout of the skills/talents. It's all jumbled it's hard to make out what's what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    I prefer the current version but the new version also seems usable at all hp values? And In terms of pvp you will be able to combo that delayed dmg to go off during a RSK>FoF>"Dragon strike" combo. I wouldn't really call it a nerf though
    Instantly killing someone at 10% is stronger than handing them a lit bomb. It gives them the opportunity to listen to "Touch of Death" from GladiatorlosSA and react to it. It's still obviously useful and a terrifying pressure utility but it's also Windwalker only now. I love Touch of Death on my Mistweaver because I can do dailies or whatever and it helps speed things up. Even for Windwalker, you're going to have to use it the moment you start fighting something and guess when to stop if you want the same time-saving ability. It probably makes more sense that a healer doesn't have a way to palm-kill stuff, but it's disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranguto View Post
    Are they not doing anything to Crackling Jade Lightning at all?

I would honestly call it the worst ability in the game for how stupidly inefficient it is and what it accomplishes.
    I always thought it should be used while moving. It would go inline with the whole mobility theme of a monk.

Quote Originally Posted by redi View Post
    Looking at the BrM changes makes me a sad Monk. I like Guard as a concept (thought needs to be smaller absorb and lower CD) and clutch Expel Harms, loved having a spammable filler and without Chi, it makes me wonder if we'll even have Chi Explosion anymore.
    We will not have Chi explosion anymore just to clarify. Devs said it didn't fit in well with the class.