Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    No, the people here are probably just smart enough - and much smarter than the people on these other unnamed sites you mention - to know that these are PREVIEWS and nothing else.
    I'm going to direct you over to the variety of Reddit threads that have players reactions to it both Here and Here.

Again not laying my stake in the ground in any camp, but the stark disconnect between opinions there and here are very interesting, and I am genuinely interested as to why it's so clear cut different. All opinions are valid but I wonder how much both sides are just influenced by forum culture (read: BOTH sides).

The problem is that, if you think people disliking the preview based on "no talents giving context", it means that anything anyone likes or any positive feedback is equally useless, because what they might like potentially could disappear when talents and artifacts take effect.
    Last edited by wordup; 2015-11-12 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I'm going to direct you over to the variety of Reddit threads that have players reactions to it both Here and Here.

Again not laying my stake in the ground in any camp, but the stark disconnect between opinions there and here are very interesting, and I am genuinely interested as to why it's so clear cut different. All opinions or valid but I wonder how much both sides are just influenced by forum culture (read: BOTH sides).

The problem is that, if you think people disliking the preview based on "no talents giving context", it means that anything anyone likes or any positive feedback is equally useless, because what they might like potentially could disappear when talents and artifacts take effect.
    It's not just the talents though, all of the baseline abilities aren't listed either. Thus, we don't know how all the abilities work in conjunction with each other.

Further, just because something sounds a certain way, doesn't mean its going to play a certain way.
    Last edited by Rhamses; 2015-11-12 at 02:03 AM.

There are a shit ton of new talents and they showed one. You don't think there's more to come op? I mean, do you HONESTLY thihnk that the spells and abilities listed in that preview are the only ones the classes get? I mean, seriously?
    Still, our core abilities/rotation is largely unchanged, minus the Lava Burst auto-crit removal.

Deleted
    No, the people here are probably just smart enough - and much smarter than the people on these other unnamed sites you mention - to know that these are PREVIEWS and nothing else.
    You seemed to have misunderstood my point. Ironic really!

A preview, brief or not, can still fairly be viewed negatively or positively, especially when there are multiple different ones with which to contrast and compare at this point.

I was making no comment on if people were viewing the preview as anything more than it is, simply if they thought the preview itself, in comparison to others, was a poor one or not on respective websites. I then go on to say that anyone who seems to have a remotely negative view of said preview on this forum were facing a pretty quick "backlash". You've proved my point spectacularly though, so I can only offer my thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Sadly that's exactly what they believe.

The stupidity is so bad, it makes my brain hurt.

DPS Shaman have needed an over haul for a long time. Thank god we finally got one.
    But I still find it stupid that lava burst damage is tied to flame shock. It's been like that for years and sucks hard why not just remove that necessity :/

That's quite an assumption considering that no one has actually played the spec yet.
    Some of us can actually theorize things and use critical thinking skills before actually playing changes.

What we know is that the posted things are very much the core rotation. The main spells/abilities that we will be casting the whole expansion. So we know the gameplay they are going towards. We also know that Blizzard is shifting towards having a lot of passive talents compared to having few active talents such as sundering.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    But I still find it stupid that lava burst damage is tied to flame shock. It's been like that for years and sucks hard why not just remove that necessity :/
    Well the difference is that there's no CD attached to FS anymore, and it costs zero resources, so it won't quite be the same as its always been.

I honestly like the turrent aspect to elemental. I just know that is pretty subpar on the performance side.

It's not just the talents though, all of the baseline abilities aren't listed either. Thus, we don't know how all the abilities work in conjunction with each other.

Further, just because something sounds a certain way, doesn't mean its going to play a certain way.
    You aren't wrong at all, I can understand that, but all we have to go off is what they've provided us. The whole point of an open forum is to interpret this information for better or for worse under different viewpoints, otherwise any of these threads regarding the post are redundant and should stop until we get the whole picture.

Well the difference is that there's no CD attached to FS anymore, and it costs zero resources, so it won't quite be the same as its always been.
    It wasn't the cooldown that people were bummerd about its the having to use a GCD in order to switch to a target before it does its raid wipe mechanic.
    Such as killrog adds.

Deleted
    I just hope they won't change Enhancement a lot from what's shown in this preview, it's looking like by far the most fun melee spec. Still need to see how Rogue and Demon Hunter are, of course, but no downtime and rapid resource generation = amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    You aren't wrong at all, I can understand that, but all we have to go off is what they've provided us. The whole point of an open forum is to interpret this information for better or for worse under different viewpoints, otherwise any of these threads regarding the post are redundant and should stop until we get the whole picture.
    And that's a fair point. I was criticizing the more extreme side of the spectrum; In other words the people thinking the sky is falling, or that there's no significant changes to the class. There's a difference between saying that you're concerned about the direction the spec is going, and saying that Shaman are "doomed" to another lackluster expansion.

The fact they're removing the restrictions on totems and that whole talent tier is gone we could see more stuff for shaman. Shamans will always get the shaft though.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

So far Shamans one is the only dissapointing class preview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    It wasn't the cooldown that people were bummerd about its the having to use a GCD in order to switch to a target before it does its raid wipe mechanic.
    Such as killrog adds.
    I disagree. Shock cooldowns were a sore spot for Shaman players for years. FS and ES having no cooldown, much less a shared cooldown changes Elemental gameplay pretty significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    I don't even play a shaman but wow. What a terrible preview. Let me sum it up for you. You got a new resource....gratz! LOL
    Thanks for your "contribution".

I hope the totem targeting reticle can be toggled off. 98% of the time I just want to rapidly throw it at my feet without having to wonder where I should target it. Any information on this?

Seriously what were you guys expecting? We have never been a fotm or OP class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    The resto preview is by far the worst.

Hey guys, we nerfed chainheal(a 2.5 sec cast) and changed nothing else. Have fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Seriously what were you guys expecting? We have never been a fotm or OP class.
    Mop was been pretty nice for enh imo, it will sadly not come back
    well let see how plaing fury like spec will feel like
    still hoping that talents will change alot
    Last edited by kosajk; 2015-11-12 at 07:50 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"