Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Well, it's pretty explicit in saying that it increases the range on everything you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Yeah I didn't say otherwise. Not mentioning it or swipe as one of our core abilities means they will probably still suck donkey balls and we need to tab-rake.
    That doesn't really have anything to do with it not appearing in the preview.

Anyone else see some potential for "abuse" (and i use that word loosely) with the Guardian druid mastery?

IE beacon others and spam the hell out of the bear to get +40% beacon heals - or spam chain heal off the bear for +40% sized chain heal jumps and/or toss in Ascendance for lots of extra raid healing?

WoD had removed most (though not all) of those +% increased heal taken effects so its not exactly a new issue; though the other effects are not nearly as strong a percentage as the proposed Guardian mastery.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-11-12 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Anyone else see some potential for "abuse" (and i use that word loosely) with the Guardian druid mastery?

IE beacon others and spam the hell out of the bear to get +40% beacon heals - or spam chain heal off the bear for +40% sized chain heal jumps and/or toss in Ascendance for lots of extra raid healing?

WoD had removed most (though not all) of those +% increased heal taken effects so its not exactly a new issue; though the other effects are not nearly as strong a percentage as the proposed Guardian mastery.
    Do those spells even work that way? I'd expect a +healing taken mechanic to only affect the character that has it, and not increase all heals that "jump" from it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Do those spells even work that way? I'd expect a +healing taken mechanic to only affect the character that has it, and not increase all heals that "jump" from it to others.
    You could be right...
    Though CH used to work that way (though i haven't tried it on the shaman in a while), in the past, the subsequent bounces were based on the initial heal, not sure if it is anymore. Beacon I'm not sure to be honest. Ascendance should work though.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-11-12 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty sure the mastery doesn't affect the heal itself. He just gets healed for more. So that shouldn't be possible.

Deleted
    Don't really like the new names for starfire and wrath but thats not too important I guess. But the new starfall...I thought the devs were trying to make the classes more diverse? They just made one of the most iconic AoE spells in the game generic...sigh. At least the starfall talent where you can move while in it sounds cool. Also like the way you get one empowerment for both wrath and lunar strike when you use a starsurge. Anyway we'll have to see what the other spec specific talents are like in the closed beta before I make any more comments

My only wish is they make stellar flare baseline...the dps rotation needs more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedan View Post
    Don't really like the new names for starfire and wrath but thats not too important I guess. But the new starfall...I thought the devs were trying to make the classes more diverse? They just made one of the most iconic AoE spells in the game generic...sigh. At least the starfall talent where you can move while in it sounds cool. Also like the way you get one empowerment for both wrath and lunar strike when you use a starsurge. Anyway we'll have to see what the other spec specific talents are like in the closed beta before I make any more comments

My only wish is they make stellar flare baseline...the dps rotation needs more depth.
    I would be suprised if Stellar Flare stays. I mean, what was the point of it? To add a 3rd dot (with a nuke) to press when at max lunar, max solar or 0. We don't have eclipse anymore, so I can only see it if they make the nuke stronger and the dot last shorter, so it's a good, efficient opener on adds that die quick and don't require dotting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I would be suprised if Stellar Flare stays. I mean, what was the point of it? To add a 3rd dot (with a nuke) to press when at max lunar, max solar or 0. We don't have eclipse anymore, so I can only see it if they make the nuke stronger and the dot last shorter, so it's a good, efficient opener on adds that die quick and don't require dotting them.
    Well, they could build something better out of it now. Maybe a powerful Astral powered DoT on a CD or something like that. Give it some actual use.

But i'd keep it as a talent.

Deleted
    alot good changes, but it seems feral is still the slowest spec in the game, which blows my mind becouse its a freaking tigerish/pantherish/lionish cat form, they should lower energy cost of rake and shred, to 20 and to counter that they should sprint based on cooldowns and lower the dmg of ferocious bite and make it tick active bleeds on ferocious bite to keep the rotation smooth, more combopoints, faster bleeds, more choices to spend combopoints with the sprint like finisher

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Yup, but currently I'm very hopeful. It seems like a step in the right direction.
    Hope to see some nice spreadsheets <3

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm rather curious what the Scythe's ability is going to be... to bad they didn't include those in the previews. The Affliction one was pretty neat.
    The return of insect swarm

I wonder if Astral Communion will allow us to start fights with full Astra Power or if the preview talent, Blessing of the Ancients is a passive that fills that role. Activate the regeneration mode for questing/pre-boss and the spell-generation for in-fight.

Otherwise I don't know how I feel with not being able to use Starfall at pull.

I see a lot of switching around with the Affinity talents. just for the passives, if they remain as strong. Will easily be one of our most versatile talent rows.

Also whose bright idea was to make (Solar)Wrath generate a non-round amount of energy...again? Has Cata taught them nothing?
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2015-11-12 at 09:34 PM.

seems all rational / fine. balance changes are discussable, but most comes down to taste. the only thing i would prefer, is a feral rotation with less downtimes. overall feral is great at the moment. but i prefer a more smashy melee style. hopefully there are talents supporting that.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    The return of insect swarm
    That wouldn't make much sense.

The Scythe is made from sacred relics of Goldrinn and Elune, and strongly connected to the worgen, so imagine it will be something related to that.

Kinda want to see a Lunar Howl/Slash where we unleash it's powers in a frontal cone, Anime style.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I wonder if Astral Communion will allow us to start fights with full Astra Power or if the preview talent, Blessing of the Ancients is a passive that fills that role. Activate the regeneration mode for questing/pre-boss and the spell-generation for in-fight.

Also whose bright idea was to make (Solar)Wrath generate a non-round amount of energy...again? Has Cata taught them nothing?
    I imagine the generate mode will also be useful for multi-dot heavy encounters, where we don't have that much time to hardcast.
    Solar Wrath not generating a round amount of energy is less of an issue this time, though, since we're not trying to cap anymore.

Deleted
    I watched Preach's video and the way he explained Balance actually seemed really cool, I initially thought it was really braindead but it actually seems very much improved and cooler. Will give it a consider and try given that swapping stuff is free too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I'm thinking the new Lunar Strike spell will use the Stellar Flare animation, it's a cool looking animation and would be a shame to get rid of it completely.