Windowed performance in KotFE

Since SW-TOR updated to KotFE (SW-TOR 4.0), I have noticed that my game plays better on fullscreen (for my particular machine at least). However, I have also noticed that my game stutters and plays worse in Windowed mode with the same settings, and even with reducing the graphics quality (or qualities), I haven't found settings that give me smooth gameplay. Prior to KotFE, my game played just fine in Windowed mode.

I am running Windows 10, if that makes a difference.

Has anyone else had problems with Windowed mode? Has anyone found solutions?

I am playing in Windowed mode from before 4.0 and after and I didn't had any problems or issues so far. Also using Win10

10+ Year Old Account
    Always played windowed mode, same performance for me (if not better since it was unoptimised at launch). Still on windows 8.1, still waiting on microsoft saying it's ok to update (I'm aware I can go to their website to do it).

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Always played windowed mode, same performance for me (if not better since it was unoptimised at launch). Still on windows 8.1, still waiting on microsoft saying it's ok to update (I'm aware I can go to their website to do it).
    Same here. I've played Windowed Full Screen (still basically windowed) and if anything the game seems to be running a little better. Not that I had an issue before.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Same here. I've played Windowed Full Screen (still basically windowed) and if anything the game seems to be running a little better. Not that I had an issue before.
    Same here. Running a double screen so I've just always played in windowed mode. Not sure I can tell a difference but I'll go back and change it just to see.

But I have not noticed a difference since 4.0

My performance was TERRIBLE in fullscreen mode, switched to Windowed fullscreen and it became fine. Also on Windows 10, but opposite problem!

Deleted
    If anything, windowed mode seems to run Swtor a bit smoother than fullscreen or windowed fullscreen mode.

However, I have bad experiences with the red X in the corner, so I stick with windowed fullscreen mode.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthNeo82 View Post
    I am playing in Windowed mode from before 4.0 and after and I didn't had any problems or issues so far. Also using Win10
    Same here, I use windowed full screen mode because its easier to recover when I screw up and ALT-TAB by mistake. Windows 10 on an iMac 780M 4G.
    Last edited by ZeroWashu; 2015-11-17 at 10:27 PM.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by palswim View Post
    I have also noticed that my game stutters and plays worse in Windowed mode with the same settings, and even with reducing the graphics quality (or qualities), I haven't found settings that give me smooth gameplay. Prior to KotFE, my game played just fine in Windowed mode.
    It sounds like everybody else's windowed performance has improved, so I must have an issue with my system.

I don't expect people to solve this, but I'll include this for my own data collection: Occasionally, I will minimize my SW-TOR window and then restore it after a period of time and the graphics will look great and everything will run smoothly, the way it sounds like it should have all along. I haven't found rhyme or reason as to when or why this happens.