Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Looks like Subtlety has lost Garrote.

For fuck sake.

Deleted
    Seems cool to me form what I've seen though I don't play rogues much, bleeds and poison on one, pistols and swords on one, stealth and shadow magic on another.

Thematically its there... though it does feel a bit samey in terms of mechanics.

You have a bit like a finisher that's a dot or a buff and then one that's a pure damage and that's on all of them. Not too unique there though, but homogeneous.

Deleted
    I thought they wanted mastery to be more interactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Falciparum View Post
    Looks like Subtlety has lost Garrote.

For fuck sake.
    Combat has lost garrote.

Cheap Shot is probably on the chopping block as well. Assassination looks like the only viable spec for PVP at the moment.

rip rogues seriously that was the worst thing I've read on these blogs. New specs my ass combat just got renamed on a lot of shit and unlike other classes we got zero insight to any other changes.

Assassination loses dispatch and gets garrote please tell me this is a bad joke. Energy costing slows and gap closers wtf."Shadow Techniques
    Passive Your autoattacks have a chance to generate a combo point." Really you replaced hat with random rng off autos really...

Still positional on backstab still.

It just gets worse and worse as you read more.

Blade flurry for combat what happened to aoe done by talents.

What I gather so far:

- Subtlety completely redone
    - Assassination stays the same
    - Outlaw = Combat with added stuff like an actual AoE-finisher and a ranged builder (Pistol Shot)

Hard to tell if Subtlety will be fun but given that Artifacts will nail us down on picking one spec for the whole expansion and given that Outlaw will still be the only spec with access to Blade Flurry... yeah.... well it's too early to tell. I just hoped they would remove Blade Flurry or give all specs access to it.
    Last edited by Todesbote; 2015-11-12 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    The spec that needed the most attention: Assassination

The spec that was extremely well-balanced: Subtlety

Blizzard logic: let's re-work Subtlety and keep Assassination essentially the same.
    Seems to me like Subtelty is far more about boring damage than control now, given the loss of Garrote and the idea that Cloak and Dagger (renamed for some reason) can only worth with Ambush rather than CC abilities. Honestly, I have no idea what they're thinking.

Tbh, I like all the changes. (Except maybe FW, but with the SD changes it was obvious that it would be modified/removed, thus we aren't sure it is not in)
    Excited to get on beta to test it, especially Outlaw & Sub.

Edit : In PvE context, for PvP remember that there will be specific talents related to PvP, they might add it in there (C&D for CC, ...)

Edit2 : About AoE talents, they aren't there as they are talents and they are only giving us an insight on 5 abilities + 1 talents.
    Also, remember that they said that KS will be a talent, not Blade Flurry.
    Last edited by Aethys256; 2015-11-12 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Savage Roar isn't fun for Ferals, let's make it a talent"

BUT SnD IS STILL FUN RIGHT?! GUYS?!
    AND THOSE POSITIONAL REQUIREMENTS EH?! YOU ENJOYING THOSE?!

At least we get to cry in the sewers.

For a variety of reasons, I'm not keen on the idea of a melee class having a "ranged" spec. That being said, Outlaw looks pretty cool, and Quick Draw has some nice synergy. I'm interested in the other two talents on that row, cause right now that seems like a no brainer. Also, probably just me, I'm not sure why they called it a "swordmaster fantasy" instead of a pirate one as it clearly leans towards the latter.

No poisons/bleeds except on Assassin? I can dig it. MOAR pooling!

Shadow Dance

• Passive
    • Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to activate Stealth. For 3 sec, this Stealth will not break when you autoattack or take damage. When this effect occurs, a Shadow Decoy will appear nearby, confusing your enemies.
    • Developer Comment: This will function differently in PvP, granting the use of abilities that require Stealth, but not actually providing Stealth.
    Really hope someone can pry this information out of a dev before too long. Still seems like subs have their fair share of burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Falciparum View Post
    The spec that needed the most attention: Assassination

The spec that was extremely well-balanced: Subtlety

Blizzard logic: let's re-work Subtlety and keep Assassination essentially the same.
    Seems to me like Subtelty is far more about boring damage than control now, given the loss of Garrote and the idea that Cloak and Dagger (renamed for some reason) can only worth with Ambush rather than CC abilities. Honestly, I have no idea what they're thinking.
    why did assassination need the most attention again?

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Blade flurry for combat what happened to aoe done by talents.
    Maybe that's still in the, you know, talents?

Pi-rats are supposed to have a cannon barrage talent... that certainly sounds like it would be an AoE.

10+ Year Old Account

Never bring a knife to a gunfight

The dream is true:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Pistol Shot 40 Energy, 20 yd range, Instant Draw a concealed pistol and fire a quick shot at an enemy, dealing moderate Physical damage and reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec. Awards 1 combo point.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_TZ84hmEA

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    "Savage Roar isn't fun for Ferals, let's make it a talent"

BUT SnD IS STILL FUN RIGHT?! GUYS?!
    AND THOSE POSITIONAL REQUIREMENTS EH?! YOU ENJOYING THOSE?!

At least we get to cry in the sewers.
    Savage Roar and SnD have never been even remotely the same. That's just in a vacuum. When you factor in energy regen and how each spec works..yeah.. good luck with that one.

Also holy shit the crying in this thread and we're less than 1 page in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the Rogue in the picture for Assassination have fist weapons?

It's a really awesome ability, that adds a lot to the outlaw vibe. I really love where Blizzard is going with some of these class changes. A lot of the fantasy is being added, and it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Why does the Rogue in the picture for Assassination have fist weapons?
    Because blizzard is terrible like these "changes".

Who wants to take bets on which spec has cloak and which gets evasion and which one gets vanish....

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    Really hope someone can pry this information out of a dev before too long. Still seems like subs have their fair share of burst.
    If we got something like Anticipation, we still got an old Shadow Dance like with the new passive replacing it.
    Also, during Bloodlust we will be a killing machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Savage Roar and SnD have never been even remotely the same. That's just in a vacuum. When you factor in energy regen and how each spec works..yeah.. good luck with that one.

Also holy shit the crying in this thread and we're less than 1 page in.
    It's well deserved. We are last on the class blogs. We expect big changes due to a rename of a specc. And what do we get? An 8yd finisher, a pistol without a model and 2 renames.