Thread: New Build

New Build

Hi guys,

I wanted to make a new build and put together a list of parts and wanted to know your thoughts on it. There are some parts that I already have and want to use which I will list.

Parts I have and want to use:

1. Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
    2. Fractal Design R5
    3. Flash storage (kind of like m.2) from my non working macbook air.
    4. Some hard drives I have left over from my last build.
    5. Corsair RM 750 (editing this in since I forgot about the psu lol).

Parts I want to get:
    1. i7-6700k 4.0GHz CPU
    2. Asus Maximus VIII HERO
    3. G Skill Ripjaws V series 16GB (2x8GB)
    4. MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB

I will not need any peripherals either.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
    Last edited by Boxxe; 2015-11-12 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Skip MSI get Gigabyte.

Quote Originally Posted by rockob View Post
    Skip MSI get Gigabyte.
    Any reason why?

I kind of like the red and black look.

Deleted
    Better cooling for the card + much better OC capabillites.
    PS: If u care about the look the Gigabyte one has RGB Led on the Logo.

Ah I see.

I was also looking at the Asus gtx 980 ti STRIX. What are your thoughts on this one?

Deleted
    If i remember correctly it runs quite and good but tbh u won't notice any diffrence between MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte etc. Maybe some degrees difference or maybe quit or loud depends but go with what u prefer. Cool and good performance Gigabyte, Quite and also good then take ASUS, MSI tends to be more neutral inbetween and EVGA is also good. You can find benchmarks on google and see what u prefer.

- - - Updated - - -

I would personally go for G1 but there are some people who have coil whine so u might be unlucky.
    The reason i would go for it is because it can OC like a beast + i have a fractal case like u so you won't hear the fans that much.
    The only downside is the coil whine problems which many people have with that card but u can possibly get a replacement if u decide to buy the gigabyte and turns out it has coil whine.
    Wish you luck!!

Sounds good. Thanks for your input.

The other parts all look fine to you though?

Deleted
    Everything looks great, if u want you could get a cheaper motherboard and get a AIO Liquid cooler to help cool the CPU.
    Something like the Corsair Hydro H100i GTX or NZXT Kraken X61 would be great but you could stick to your air cooler for the meantime and maybe upgrade the CPU cooler some other time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also keep in mind don't get DDR3 you might accidently do that. Get DDR4 Ram
    Last edited by mmoc0e3a6dd217; 2015-11-12 at 08:59 PM.

I kind of like my dark rock pro 3. Its huge, super quiet and looks cool in the case. I was thinking of liquid cooling it later on down the road (tax season maybe hehe).

And about the RAM I do remember but isn't 6700k also compatible with DDR3 as well (not that I'm going to get it).

Deleted
    There is no reason to get another cpu cooler. The one you got is very good (thats what i would buy in a new build) unless you plan overclocking to 5Ghz, which you may not even get the chance to pass 4.6 (cpu silicon lottery). Your list is fine, the msi gpu is also fine. The asus and msi ones are usually the most quiet, the evga usually comes high clocked by its more audible. Gigabyte comes high(er) clocked as well than the 2first but its somewhere in between as far as noise go and its usually the best overclocker (if you care). the only think you need to look our is the ram. Ddr4 Ripjaws won't go below the cpu cooler. You need low profile ram, i would suggest looking at corsair vengeance LPX or Kingston fury kits.

Thanks for your input Kostattoo. Will look for low profile ram then.