Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Carson et al are allowed to speak with the surety of men who know they'll never have to actually make these decisions and have no intention of doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Yeah shoot em down! Who cares! War with Russia! Yeah!!! Cause we're tough and they are losers. Who cares how we pay for it, we have god on our side!

/s

Imagine the absolute shit show it would be if some other country said they'd shoot down US planes? As if the troop stroking isn't bad enough.
    You do know that during the Cold War the USSR shot down numerous US aircraft and it didn't cause WWIII?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You do know that during the Cold War the USSR shot down numerous US aircraft and it didn't cause WWIII?
    It was also kind of a huge crisis pretty much every time too, so the risk is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Thing is, no one is stupid enough to go to war over a couple planes especially these days. Speaking of cold war, SR-71's were laughing at soviet AA missiles ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It was also kind of a huge crisis pretty much every time too, so the risk is real.
    The only "crisis" with most of them was the fact US planes were shot down INSIDE Soviet/Warsaw Pact airspace. Only the shootings in international airspace were a two way crisis.

7+ Year Old Account
    if u are a absolute fucking moron, sure shoot them down ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyve View Post
    See, this is the kind of short-minded nonsense that I loathe about some politicans, not just those in the U.S.

Sure, it sounds good to the stupid voters and they'll eat this shit up, but all it does is make you appear a fool, and when it comes to voting day, no-one is going to tick the box of a man who claims he's willing to start WW3 ...

A short term boost in opinion polls is all these people care about, and that's because they're not really running for the presidency. They're doing so to increase sales of their products, or to advertise their new book, or to boost their businesses. It's stupid.
    Why don't you ask Neville Chamberlain, what might he think? Or maybe Albert François Lebrun has some brilliant insight?

Ask them, what did they do when Hitler moved German soldiers into the demilitarized Rhineland? Mind you, the German troops where under order to stop if they met any opposition at all.
    NOTHING. Not a goddamn thing. The Allied troops stationed there where strictly instructed not to halt the advance of the German troops in any way shape or form.

What did they do when Hitler held a huge armament rally in 1935?
    Britain extended the Treaty of Varsair, allowing Germany to have 35% of the size of the British fleet.

What did they do when German troops marched into Austria? Arrested 30.000 people for holding a peaceful protest, and ensuring a 99% vote in favor of German rule?
    NOTHING!

What Chamberlain holds in this picture is what he got http://euromaidanpress.com/wp-conten...hamberlain.jpg
    A piece of paper...

Tens of millions of people had to die, so that Chamberlain could get his hands on a piece of paper.

So, what do you do when the warplanes of the Former KGB agent Vladimir Putin comes knocking on the no-fly zone established at the Turkish NATO border to Syria? First you make sure you have undeniable evidence that the warplanes are in fact in the no-fly zone or in Turkish airspace. Then you tell the pilot he has 60 seconds to alter his course. Then you shoot it down.

If someone breaks into your house, it's their fault if they are seriously wounded or even killed. If Putin sends warplanes into your airspace, it's Putin's fault if the planes are damaged or even shot down. You don't give leeway to Hitler, and you don't give leeway to Putin.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    So, what do you do when the warplanes of the Former KGB agent Vladimir Putin comes knocking on the no-fly zone established at the Turkish NATO border to Syria? First you make sure you have undeniable evidence that the warplanes are in fact in the no-fly zone or in Turkish airspace. Then you tell the pilot he has 60 seconds to alter his course. Then you shoot it down.

If someone breaks into your house, it's their fault if they are seriously wounded or even killed. If Putin sends warplanes into your airspace, it's Putin's fault if the planes are damaged or even shot down. You don't give leeway to Hitler, and you don't give leeway to Putin.
    The Russians have been invited into the airspace of Syria and Iraq. One of those countries has a government that was actually put in place by the US. Russia is Turkey's most important trading partner, they aren't about to shooting down airplanes that belong to the country that is building a major nuclear power plant for them.

Also, if countries followed your logic, we would probably be having our Navy ships sunk pretty regularly off the coast of China. The US isn't really in a position to fight wars all over the world, unless you want to draft everyone between the ages of 18 and 40.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Carson is beyond ignorant, it's not even funny. It gets worse every day...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Call me a terrible person if you wish, but honestly, if countries want to troll others, by constantly flying in their airspace without permission, I think it is just fine to shoot them down, and put a stop to it. Russia loves doing that, because they count on no one daring to defend their own airspace against Russia.
    Meh... honestly, I wouldn't want them shot down outside of US soil. Now if they were flying high above near the US borders or even in them. I'd probably warn them to leave or else.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The Russians have been invited into the airspace of Syria and Iraq. One of those countries has a government that was actually put in place by the US. Russia is Turkey's most important trading partner, they aren't about to shooting down airplanes that belong to the country that is building a major nuclear power plant for them.

Also, if countries followed your logic, we would probably be having our Navy ships sunk pretty regularly off the coast of China. The US isn't really in a position to fight wars all over the world, unless you want to draft everyone between the ages of 18 and 40.
    I know you can read. But can you click on links? Can you hear? The airspace in question is the border between Turkey and Syria.

What Turkey, the US and NATO should do is the discussion. Not what they are going to do, we know what they are going to do with the spineless Jens Stoltenberg leading NATO and Obama leading the US armed forces.

Lastly, the south China sea is a clusterfuck of conflicting claims. But the general consensus is that Chinas islands does not extent Chinas territorial waters. Also, China can try to sink US boats if they want to. I believe sinking of US vessels is part of world history by now.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I rather Trumps stance. 'If Russia wants to sort it out, let them'.
    Exactly, why should we even bother. Oh I forgot we have to use the weapons so we can pay for more, industrial military complex and all that.

A little ridiculous, but Russia has been "unintentionally" entering other countries' airspaces for some time now...perhaps they should learn to cut it out.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Not saying I think it's a good idea....

but....

What's the point of a no fly zone if its going to be flown in.
    Yup. If Putin wants to play a game of chicken, one day someone is going to call him on his bluff...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    A little ridiculous, but Russia has been "unintentionally" entering other countries' airspaces for some time now...perhaps they should learn to cut it out.

Yup. If Putin wants to play a game of chicken, one day someone is going to call him on his bluff...
    Only America can enact no fly zones where ever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    nice, shoot them down so they can nuke us!!!!! that kind of war dont have a winner, we all lose.
    Russia can't nuke other countries in retaliation for their aircraft being shot down, only in case of military intervention, or as an retaliation strike in response of someone nuking Russia.

There are plenty of reasons for an aircraft to enter others airspace, being it weather condition, or mistakes of pilot/dispatcher. You know, "air borders" are not marked with air balloons or something and it's quite hard to navigate in different conditions. And when a pilot have an option of crashing an aircraft into the earth or breaching airspace of other country to get wider turn angle. It's not as simple as these populists make it sound, and military planes of each neighboring countries do often breach each other airspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

If I were asked where would you prefer to live Russia or turkey?, I would say Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    I know you can read. But can you click on links? Can you hear? The airspace in question is the border between Turkey and Syria.

What Turkey, the US and NATO should do is the discussion. Not what they are going to do, we know what they are going to do with the spineless Jens Stoltenberg leading NATO and Obama leading the US armed forces.

Lastly, the south China sea is a clusterfuck of conflicting claims. But the general consensus is that Chinas islands does not extent Chinas territorial waters. Also, China can try to sink US boats if they want to. I believe sinking of US vessels is part of world history by now.
    You seem to be under the belief that NATO automatically overrides the sovereignty of individual member states. For NATO to intervene, they would need to be invited in by a member that is under military threat/attack. There is no such thing as 'NATO airspace', and anyone that thinks Turkey would just say 'hey NATO(US), come wage an air war with Russia in our country!' is crazy.

This entire way of thinking stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of the world, which is that the US has limitless resources and an all powerful military. The past decade has proven this is not the case. I guess we missed out on going for world domination during that brief window when we were the only nation with nuclear weapons.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If I were asked where would you prefer to live Russia or turkey?, I would say Russia.
    The only correct answer is America.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The only correct answer is America.

Would you want to live in Baltimore?, that's America.