Thread: Cheap people

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Cheap people

Someone I know went full retard about money earlier, she's got a pretty good pay, I know she's got quite a lot of money saved away as well and I forgot to transfer money to my card, so I didn't have any money on my card when I was trying to pay at the store, so asked if she could pay this time.

Nope, she couldn't pay. She's got money on her card, but not paying for this time. Nope, she doesn't have the money to do that. Said I could transfer the money to her when we get back home. Nope, she didn't want to pay even then.

What the hell is it with some people? They've got money but still can't do something like that when others do it for them? Like, what the hell. And then to continue refusing to pay even though she'd get it back when we get back home.

Is there anyone else that really, really hates cheap people? Why are they even doing this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Is there anyone else that really, really hates cheap people? Why are they even doing this shit?
    Because...Not everyone actually pays back. I know this from experience. Sometimes not small sums either.
    So, nope. I would not lend again. I'd either give a sum away willingly, or not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give money to anyone for any reason. People have trust issues when it comes to lending money and its usually based on past experiences and the fact most people go very funny in the head when it comes to paying back.

But I am curious OP, who is this 'Someone I know'? A friend? Relative? Friend's friend? Acquaintance? Work colleague?
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

take them to suplex city

on the real though...i just pay if anyone needs something

i dont care much for money

that's what you get for using prepaid card shit.

A Cheap guy/girls calling out cheap people. awesome.

Deleted
    It's probably something you did to indicate they can't trust you with paying back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone I know went full retard about money earlier, she's got a pretty good pay, I know she's got quite a lot of money saved away as well and I forgot to transfer money to my card, so I didn't have any money on my card when I was trying to pay at the store, so asked if she could pay this time.

Nope, she couldn't pay. She's got money on her card, but not paying for this time. Nope, she doesn't have the money to do that. Said I could transfer the money to her when we get back home. Nope, she didn't want to pay even then.

What the hell is it with some people? They've got money but still can't do something like that when others do it for them? Like, what the hell. And then to continue refusing to pay even though she'd get it back when we get back home.

Given she knows you got cash.
    Pick your friends better. I hate people like that, cant stand them any closer than friend of a friend and even then I avoid them.

If she doesnt.
    You live in Sweden, you can use Swish and isntant transfer to her account cant you?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

So you can't manage your money and are upset because another person does not think you can repay?

Cheap people are usually not short on money, so they will not nag me to get mine. I don't like that cheap people will try to influence a group to go for the cheaper option when everyone is pooling money for a project. If it doesn't fit the purpose I will either look for another person or just won't do things with the cheap person.

Deleted
    yeah I know and hate them

if they can't trust you that way, they shouldn't be your friend anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Polar1 View Post
    So you can't manage your money and are upset because another person does not think you can repay?
    Right, because everyone should be little miss perfect like you.

Next time you slip your mind and forget something important, don't you dare ask anyone for help please - even though I know you will.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

It's a little bit pointless to discuss unless we would know what amount of money we are talking about, what it is for and how good you know that person.

Deleted
    Close friends/family with history of paying back get loans. Anyone else i deny in any normal circumstance. (emergencies are different but i don't actually expect to get paid back then)

People simply don't pay back.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound like a bad friend... You get mad at them because they refuse to pay for your frivolous shit when you can't even be bothered to prepare your own money before going shopping?

7+ Year Old Account
    Next time know you have money on your card before shopping. Adulthood 101.

I wouldnt borrow a dime to any friend or family i have.

I'd give them a kidney if they needed one, but not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida

Im really cheap myself but if someone I know is in a pickle and they need the $ I wouldnt have any second thoughts about parting with the money. I just dont like wasting money on unnecessary crap like eating out everyday, having the latest iphone, having 300$ shoes etc.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2015-11-13 at 12:14 PM.

Unless you've been some sort of leech for a while that's quite ridiculous.

"Never expect a loan to a friend to be paid back if you want to keep that friend."

I consider any money I lend out as lost. I never consider reclaiming it.
    That doesn't mean I won't lend people money; I just mentally consider it a gift when I do.
    If I actually get that money back at some point, that's a positive surprise. I expect nothing.
    I generally get exactly what I expect.

I am thus very very hesitant to loaning or borrowing money.

I make a point of never borrowing money from anyone I know. If I have to live on noodles for a month, then so be it.
    The topic of money will get inbetween us. There is a risk that something could happen that would prevent me from repaying.
    It's better to not go there.

I will not pay someone elses bill, or co-sign anything for them, for the same reason. No matter how much I trust them.
    I wouldn't mind paying a bus ticket, or a buying someone a lunch in an emergency where they suddenly find themselves out of money.
    But that money would be lost, and it would be for something that couldn't really wait. Paying for a shop bill... I wouldn't do that.

It doesn't matter who has money and who doesn't. The ones that have money simply spend less than they earn. It's the principle of things - don't let money get between friends.
    Money will sour relationships. Different people have different principles. Don't expect others to bend their principles for you.

I also wouldn't lend money to people liable to call me a full retard online, but that's just me?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I pay for other people's stuff all the time, without expecting to be paid back.

I do it too much in fact.
    Same.

Most of those people are good friends and they eventually get my back. Show up at a gathering, oh I didn't bring beer can I have some of yours? "Yeah, I owe you like $300." I wasn't keeping count, but thanks.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    You don't get rich, nor stay rich by being frivolous with your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    We are talking about lending money. That is a 100% clearly defined term. If you do not expect your money back, it's not lending but giving. And your mental considerations are absolutely meaningless.

You realize what kind of nonsense you just said? You can't just twist definitions of basic words, that's not how language works...
    It is, in fact, how language works.

The quotation was pointing out the fact that, essentially, you don't "loan" money to a real friend. The nuance unstated is that you "give" money to a friend. Almost a form of payment, because you value their presence in your life.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.