Feral DoT clipping

Hey guys,

I've read the awesome guide about Feral Druids on the forum but I still have a question.

Outside the Rip execute phase (100% - 26% HP) should I clip my Rip with Tiger's Fury only, or should I try to stack it with Bloodtalons? I get that Rake is supposed to be clipped that way (with as many buffs as possible) but does the same rule apply for Rip as well?

Clipping refers to refreshing buffs/debuffs prior to their expiration. You should always refresh buffs in their pandemic range (30% of original duration).

You're describing snapshotting: applying debuffs during applicable buffs (Tiger's Fury, Bloodtalons, Improved Rake) to improve their damage. You should always refresh Rake when it would apply a stronger Rake. You should only refresh Rip when either of the following is true:
    * Rip's duration is < 7.2
    * You can apply a stronger Rip, and the boss is in execute phase

Proper Bloodtalons management means that you will be using Healing Touch prior to every combo finisher. Therefore, all of your Rips will be applied with Bloodtalons. Maximizing the power of your Rip during the execute phase is simply a matter of ensuring it is also applied with Tiger's Fury.

Deleted
    It is not always necessary to clip it with Tiger's Fury but it IS always necessary to clip it with Bloodtalons.

If you don't have an Archimonde trinket then naturally you're gonna end up with a few that don't benefit from Tiger's Fury.

However when you're about to enter execute phase, it's fine to wait an extra few seconds for Tiger's Fury to be up so you can have the 15% stronger Rip for the entire execute phase.