Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I personally don't see how Reno Jackson is better than Brann+healbot unless you are playing a fatigue deck where you don't need to design your deck around it.

While Reno requires 1 less card to play, unless you design a card specifically around him it's hard to get it to activate (or playing a deck that will go to or near fatigue). And a 16 heal is near as good in most cases as what Reno can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I personally don't see how Reno Jackson is better than Brann+healbot unless you are playing a fatigue deck where you don't need to design your deck around it.

While Reno requires 1 less card to play, unless you design a card specifically around him it's hard to get it to activate (or playing a deck that will go to or near fatigue). And a 16 heal is near as good in most cases as what Reno can do.
    Because Reno decks are fun and the power of level of cards is so close that you're not really at a disadvantage playing 1 ofs. The only thing that can suck is not having more than 1 AoE spell, but you can somewhat compensate for that, for example running Harvest Golem instead which trades very efficiently. I can sometimes 3 for 1 with a Harvest Golem, especially as Shaman and rolling Healing Totem. There's also a lot of 2 drops Shaman can run, which are so close in value. Instead of running Double Creeper, Double Egg, which is what I would run in a normal Shaman list, I can run one Echoing Ooze, one Haunted Creeper, one Totem Golem, and one Jeweled Scarab, and still be fine. I wouldn't run Egg, because with only one Flametongue, and one Rockbiter, it reduces its value tremendously. As more cards are released and the power level of cards draws even closer, Reno decks will get even better. I don't like the idea of playing a couple two ofs in Reno decks, there's been many times where I was almost dead at turn 6 and Reno saved me and I ended up winning, because my opponent already expelled most of their hand, and I was clearing board when they were going face. No better feeling in the game than getting huge Reno value against face decks, and Freeze Mage.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-11-27 at 11:17 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

Reno is good for several reasons. It counters both types of popular meta styles in rush decks and fatigue control. It doesn't require that your deck consist of only single cards, but that your remaining deck have only single cards at the time of play. If you watch any streamers playing the deck (or give it a try yourself) you'll see that several of them run doubles b/c they can rely on Reno in late game.

It's also good b/c so many people are using it, which is how metas work. If you don't have a more varied deck, you likely can't deal with the variety of your opponent. And lastly, it's highlighting the value of a lot of cards that haven't seen heavy play lately. Once people see that these cards are effective against old meta decks, they start to cause the meta to shift.

And to your healbot combo question, Reno is almost always used to gain more than 16 life. Most games I've seen are 20+ and several, including reno freeze mage, heal for 29.
    BAD WOLF

Just cleared Stage 3 and done the class quests.

Just want to ask wtf does Pali have anyfin can happen with no other murloc back up?
    Shaman got the +2/+2 murloc one I can't remember it's name but least as the legendary for murlocs which I can't remember either.

So random to give Pali that card. Just wondering

10+ Year Old Account
    Get ready for entomb boys. The priests are coming.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Get ready for entomb boys. The priests are coming.
    Am I missing something? Why is everyone so excited about this card 'cause no matter how much I look at it, I can't seem to like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Am I missing something? Why is everyone so excited about this card 'cause no matter how much I look at it, I can't seem to like it.
    Entomb is hard removal and fatigue counter and can be a complete game swing with all of the recent control/fatigue matchups. It won't do too much against smorctards, but control meta has been pretty heavy lately. I don't know if I'm going to run it in my priest deck, but I may try a heavy control reno deck with it. We'll see I guess.

Feels bad for Druids looking at Recycle and knowing it's an utter waste of a card even more so now.

Edit:

Think about the possibilities of removing their Sylvanas without triggering the rattle, taking a Malganis for yourself, grabbing a murloc machine from a pally but being able to heal it to keep it alive. So much potential, we'll have to see if it can replace one SWD effectively.

And don't forget, we always get screwed by those 4 attack minions without combos, now we can remove ysera and get 2 copies of it in our deck.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2015-12-03 at 07:50 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzn View Post
    Just cleared Stage 3 and done the class quests.

Just want to ask wtf does Pali have anyfin can happen with no other murloc back up?
    Shaman got the +2/+2 murloc one I can't remember it's name but least as the legendary for murlocs which I can't remember either.

So random to give Pali that card. Just wondering
    Murloc Knight? It's a pretty great card.

Priests never had a solid answer to Sylvanas before, and now they do. It also counters Tirion. Before you had to run Mind Control or Harrison if you wanted to counter Tirion, and be weaker against other match ups. Entomb is great against all classes. All non face decks have big threats worth stealing. Priests are definitely the strongest control class now. Entomb also helps the Handlock match up too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about anyone else but I have never got "excited" about anything in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Priests never had a solid answer to Sylvanas before, and now they do. It also counters Tirion. Before you had to run Mind Control or Harrison if you wanted to counter Tirion, and be weaker against other match ups. Entomb is great against all classes. All non face decks have big threats worth stealing. Priests are definitely the strongest control class now. Entomb also helps the Handlock match up too.
    What? Priests could always counter sylvanas the same way everyone does: By running minions into her, or using removal on her.

I don't see how entomb changes much. Priests are still gonna lose the control matchup to armor up-pass control warriors, against whom 90% of the control priest's cards are useless, and get just as wrecked by any warlock who plays jaraxxus against them.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    What? Priests could always counter sylvanas the same way everyone does: By running minions into her, or using removal on her.

I don't see how entomb changes much. Priests are still gonna lose the control matchup to armor up-pass control warriors, against whom 90% of the control priest's cards are useless, and get just as wrecked by any warlock who plays jaraxxus against them.
    It changes the Ctrl Warrior match up significantly when the Priest can abduct 2 of your win conditions and then replay them against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It changes the Ctrl Warrior match up significantly when the Priest can abduct 2 of your win conditions and then replay them against you.
    You mean exactly like they've always been able to with mind control?

MC costs 10 mana and doesnt add a card to your deck to help vs fatigue

it also doesnt let you get the benefit of the cards battlecry if it has one

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    MC costs 10 mana and doesnt add a card to your deck to help vs fatigue

it also doesnt let you get the benefit of the cards battlecry if it has one
    Great. Has nothing to do with what either of us said, however.

And fatigue doesn't mean anything vs. jaraxxus, who simply rolls over you with 6/6es every turn, or control warrior, who begins armoring up from turn 2 and will be at like 70 health before the priest's hero power even starts mattering. Fatiguing two turns later than him doesn't matter much in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    You mean exactly like they've always been able to with mind control?
    They don't play Mind Control, not since it went to 10 mana anyway lol. Not to mention you can't afford to run 2 MC in a list, it's too greedy. 2 Entomb though? Much more feasible. It certainly makes dealing with Ysera less convoluted where currently she always go 2 for 1, be it SW your own Sylvannas, Cabal+Shrink or Vol'jin and a minion or Nova.

Dragon Priest can fight Warrior for the board rather easily, it just can't ever finish the game off and it doesn't draw enough to rely on combos. Now you have a 1 card answer that adds a win condition to your deck. The question is whether Dragon Priest can afford to cut cards to play Entomb for a single match up, whether we will see a return of Control Priests and whether Entomb is the card to do it remains to be seen.

Priest will never be able to beat an early Jaraxxus. He will still grind them down, with or without Entomb. However they can steal your Mal'ganis which is going to make the match a little more interesting. In truth though it isn't anything like the Warrior match where you can virtually guarantee a fatigue situation, the Warlock will beat a Priest before it comes to that.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2015-12-04 at 12:31 PM.

cabal + shrink ysera isn't 2 for 1 at all, it's a massive play in your favour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    cabal + shrink ysera isn't 2 for 1 at all, it's a massive play in your favour.
    It's pretty much game winning, but not easy to pull off considering you have to draw shrink and cabal and save them until ysera is played. You often need to use one or the other to survive until that point. Or they just don't draw and you get fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    How about a silence? Priests even have their own 0 mana silence and it works against both Sylvanas and Tirion. Entomb is also not without its drawbacks; e.g. what do you take out to make room for it? Yeah, sure, it will technically remove and give us an extra win condition but it is slow, expensive, and will likely replace a shadow word in order to fit into the deck.

So you are, essentially, replacing removal with removal, which does bugger all against anyone and even less against handlocks.
    Last edited by mmoc6e18b67333; 2015-12-04 at 01:15 PM.

How about a silence? Priests even have their own 0 mana silence and it works against both Sylvanas and Tirion. Entomb is also not without its drawbacks; e.g. what do you take out to make room for it? Yeah, sure, it will technically remove and give us an extra win condition but it is slow, expensive, and will likely replace a shadow word in order to fit into the deck.

So you are, essentially, replacing removal with removal, which does bugger all against anyone and even less against handlocks.
    People are kind of missing the point of Entomb. In the instance VS Ysera, it's a 1 card, 6 mana solution that also creates an extra Ysera in your deck. This is opposed to the Shrinkmaster + Cabal 8 mana solution that currently exists. It costs 2 mana less, has no enemy damage amount requirements and frees up a card in your deck. You gain 2 cards in your deck by removing the Cabal+Shrink combo.

I just utterly destroyed a Warrior by Entombing both Ragnaros and Gromm. I had them on top of all my other usual cards and ended up having a ridiculous series of end-game plays that forced him to concede.

I've Entombed Doctor Boom numerous times, only to play him a couple of turns later and so on. It increases the size of your deck and gives your end game an unreal power curve. Against Handlock, I have 2 Power Word Deaths and 2 Entombs, instead of 2 x Cabal and 2 x Shrink. They only win if I fail to pull anything.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2015-12-04 at 02:19 PM.