Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

A Solution to Raid Finder

It is my belief that raid finder is the worst thing ever implemented in history of the game. It completely takes away the feeling of seeing a boss for the first time in a raid and if you're a hardcore player it is currently necessary to do it for at least the first couple weeks of the expansion.

To fix this, I propose this: Make the quality of items dropped from the first raid of the expansion rare quality.

We all know that raid finder is brainless and literally anyone can do it. It is welfare loot and it has completely taken away the feeling of getting epics in this game. Instead of forcing people to run it for the first raid, just make it drop blues so we can instead do dungeons if we don't want to ruin the raiding experience for ourselves. It allows the people who aren't going to raid the chance to experience the lore and a dumbed down version of the raid itself.

I think that doing this is a good compromise. It will restore the epicness of loot from raiding and it will deincentivize something that is literally just dumbing down the experience for everyone who raids above it. After the first raid it's not as big of a deal since mythic raiders' gear will outscale the LFR loot.

Deleted
    To need a solution you have to have a problem first.

- - - Updated - - -

Also your "solution" doesn't even solve your "problem". Logic: "I don't like seeing the bosses early", "Solution: give worse loot". What?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you don't see the bosses early necessarily. LFR wings open later.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh...this thread again with suggestions we have never heard before.

In case you have missed it: Epics were not epic anymore in BWL. And these days even your baleful stuff and the loot from rares when you levelled could turn out epic. But hey...epics in LFR are the problem....
    I mean those shouldn't be epic either. I agree.

And yes. This is a problem. I haven't been interested in raiding since LFR came out. I know lots of other people who agree with me. Dismissing it and saying it's just simply not a problem is dumb.

Deleted
    The irony though is that you call others "dumb" but your solution is worse than what Blizzard is already doing as a solution. They open up LFR wings later than normal raids. That's a solution right there to the problem you had initially of seeing bosses early, a better one than giving worse loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperquake View Post
    It completely takes away the feeling of seeing a boss for the first time in a raid and if you're a hardcore player it is currently necessary to do it for at least the first couple weeks of the expansion.
    Normal/Heroic wings open before LFR. If you're in any kind of raiding guild, you'll have seen the bosses on those two difficulties weeks before LFR opens. But let's be honest here: the first place you'll actually see a raid boss is in a youtube video telling you how to defeat it.

One week later is not enough to deincentivize it. I cannot get a full set of gear in a week. People who do the real raids should realistically not ever be forced to do the raid finder. It's a chore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Normal/Heroic wings open before LFR. If you're in any kind of raiding guild, you'll have seen the bosses on those two difficulties weeks before LFR opens. But let's be honest here: the first place you'll actually see a raid boss is in a youtube video telling you how to defeat it.
    You're right, but those are the real bosses. They aren't the dumbed down raid finder bosses that have no mechanics.

Drags out dead horse
    Let the beating commence.
    In all seriousness blizzard has resolved this issue by staggering the release of tier wings for LFR. Also there is no longer tier in LFR. There is literally no reason for anyone to run LFR unless you wish to.

10+ Year Old Account
    One week later is not enough to deincentivize it.
    What? One week??? Do yourself a favour and look up the patch 6.2 release schedule for raids...

Edit: I'll make it easy for you: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...raid-schedule/

Quote Originally Posted by Adanyt View Post
    What? One week??? Do yourself a favour and look up the patch 6.2 release schedule for raids...
    Look at the release schedule for the first raid, which is specifically what I'm talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the release schedule for the first raid, which is specifically what I'm talking about.
    You don't have to do LFR at all. You can go straight from heroic dungeons to normal. Besides, who gives a damn about the opening raid? Jesus, by the time the first raid is open some people are still questing.

LFR gear is behind terrible. It might as well be blue. But you don't wanna raid because some pixels are purple instead of blue? Seems petty to me.

Deleted
    Wait, who said you "have" to deincentivize it? A lot of assumptions there you imply are facts. Not all players are you, some actually like to stay up to LFR only.

The first raid of an expansion has a 3 or 4 week stagger for LFR. The last raid is irrelevant. Why would anyone running normal, heroic or mythic need LFR gear, that isn't tier and has a gear score less than what they would have had from the previous raid.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Wait, who said you "have" to deincentivize it? A lot of assumptions there you imply are facts. Not all players are you, some actually like to stay up to LFR only.
    I am going to guess that a very large majority do not like it. They might like it because they get loot that they literally do not have to work for in the least, but not because it's fun. If they like it because they find the lore interesting, that's a perfectly reasonable explanation and this wouldn't detract from their lore experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    The first raid of an expansion has a 3 or 4 week stagger for LFR. The last raid is irrelevant. Why would anyone running normal, heroic or mythic need LFR gear, that isn't tier and has a gear score less than what they would have had from the previous raid.
    It was a week later. I can't post links, so here's what the schedule was. A week difference.

December 2, 2014 - Highmaul opens with Normal and Heroic difficulties accessible.
    December 9, 2014 - Mythic difficulty and the first wing of Raid Finder (Kargath/Butcher/Brackenspore) unlock.

One option to bring back the "epicness" could be something like this:
    If you do LFR or Normal mode, nothing changes, since like, those guys are nobodies....?
    If you do Heroic, then you have "I raid Heroic"-tag above your toon, it is displayed to all, you cant hide it.
    If you do Mythic, then you have "I am a Special Snowflake"-tag above your toon.

Everyone would be so awwwed when you ride around Dalaran with your Celestial Horse mount...

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    One option to bring back the "epicness" could be something like this:
    If you do LFR or Normal mode, nothing changes, since like, those guys are nobodies....?
    If you do Heroic, then you have "I raid Heroic"-tag above your toon, it is displayed to all, you cant hide it.
    If you do Mythic, then you have "I am a Special Snowflake"-tag above your toon.

Everyone would be so awwwed when you ride around Dalaran with your Celestial Horse mount...
    damn, so salty.

To the OP: please read the hundreds of other thread pages on this topic. It's been discussed to death. There is nothing new to say.

It is my belief that raid finder is the worst thing ever implemented in history of the game. It completely takes away the feeling of seeing a boss for the first time in a raid and if you're a hardcore player it is currently necessary to do it for at least the first couple weeks of the expansion.

To fix this, I propose this: Make the quality of items dropped from the first raid of the expansion rare quality.

We all know that raid finder is brainless and literally anyone can do it. It is welfare loot and it has completely taken away the feeling of getting epics in this game. Instead of forcing people to run it for the first raid, just make it drop blues so we can instead do dungeons if we don't want to ruin the raiding experience for ourselves. It allows the people who aren't going to raid the chance to experience the lore and a dumbed down version of the raid itself.

I think that doing this is a good compromise. It will restore the epicness of loot from raiding and it will deincentivize something that is literally just dumbing down the experience for everyone who raids above it. After the first raid it's not as big of a deal since mythic raiders' gear will outscale the LFR loot.
    This arguement has been beaten to death. Don't like it don't use it.

If a World First guild getting there kill before you doesn't effect you why should anyone doing LFR effect you.

Also if you haven't killed anything in the raid before LFR opens then clearly your not as good of a raider as you think you are. It took over 3 months for all of HFC to open in LFR and yet people like you keep bitching.

Bottom line don't like LFR go hit the unsub button because its here to stay. Also once more unless you are a world first guild you don't need LFR loot and if you think you then ur not as good of a raider as you think you are.

Like Tobindax said in order to have a solution you need to have a problem first and there is no problem here.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I am going to guess that a very large majority do not like it. They might like it because they get loot that they literally do not have to work for in the least, but not because it's fun. If they like it because they find the lore interesting, that's a perfectly reasonable explanation and this wouldn't detract from their lore experience.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a week later. I can't post links, so here's what the schedule was. A week difference.

December 2, 2014 - Highmaul opens with Normal and Heroic difficulties accessible.
    December 9, 2014 - Mythic difficulty and the first wing of Raid Finder (Kargath/Butcher/Brackenspore) unlock.
    You know what they say about those who assume right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I mean those shouldn't be epic either. I agree.

And yes. This is a problem. I haven't been interested in raiding since LFR came out. I know lots of other people who agree with me. Dismissing it and saying it's just simply not a problem is dumb.
    Dismissing anything else as the problem is rather more so.
    If seeing a fraction of the experience is enough for you, then you are welcome to have that.
    Because that is what any difficulty before mythic is, a fraction of the experience.
    By your argument normal should have inferior gear, and so should heroic.

The problem is arrogant people who continue to bash LFR to make themselves look better.
    Because they cant do it through earning respect.

What LFR absolutely needs is a loot lockout, so jerks who are there due to community pressure only don't ruin it for the rest, and then complain about what is ultimately a problem with their "real raiding" community while blaming innocent players for it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-11-13 at 08:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

You're right, but those are the real bosses. They aren't the dumbed down raid finder bosses that have no mechanics.
    LFR boss's are the real boss's. By ur logic nothing under Mythic Raiding is real.

Once more you give way to many shits about a feature you don't have to use.