Dragon Ball Z: The Fall of Men

So yeah just found this and holy fuck. MUST watch for DB fans

No more live action DB after the first shitty one!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    We gotta thread for DBZ, and this was posted a few days ago in there lol.

I think it's trash personally.

The effort is there, of course, but it's very tacky and looks on par with ...

Dragonball Evolution.
    It would take a studio like marvel and huge budget to do a live action DBZ right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

What kind of garbage is that? Their fighting's so slow you can see it!.......Not DBZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the video was well done. Seemed like a tribute in a way to old story telling that modern films forget to put in. It is sometimes what you don't see that is more relevant or immersive than what you do see. The cinematography I found good, at first I was thinking to dislike the CG parts of some of it but in my opinion the overly shining tiles the perfect trees it made kami's lookout to be someplace pristine as if for a god. The creative freedom to alter the layed out timeline was nice enough not to feel overly rehashed or boring from the been there seen that perspective. The pacing was good for my taste and the interpretation of the characters wasn't to bad. I liked Bulma was an older woman it really felt like that the times and events weighed on her physically. Because they are real people bright hair and extremes aren't needed. Also the interpretation of super saiyan in a live action situation was well done, not seeing the blonde strands of hair prevented it from looking to edited or cheesy. The fights weren't spectacular but really it was more a nice little way of showing off the well done environment and decent special effects.

Is it golden? No, but silver has something to be proud of. I appreciate you sharing the video as without it showing up on the main page as recent active forum I would not have seen it. Thanks again, for me it was worth the watch to see fans take a story and create it in a new fashion to share their vision with others.

The Cell saga had far more humor/goofiness in it than any other arc that had come before in DBZ. Turning it into some dark broodfest, with Trunks (wtf why Trunks!) as the protagonist, really misses the entire point.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The Cell saga had far more humor/goofiness in it than any other arc that had come before in DBZ. Turning it into some dark broodfest, with Trunks (wtf why Trunks!) as the protagonist, really misses the entire point.

You don't really follow DBZ do you? That was future trunks coming back to warn Goku. They didn't change anything.

I'm at the 12 minute marker and holy shit, I do not like the lead.
    The whispering voice the whole damn time, the chubby face and not muscular body.

Won't say anything about the acting as it is a fanmade movie.

Does this guy really have to VO the entire 23 minutes? Come on, at least the anime's episode long power ups were more entertaining than this guys' constant droning. Finding out at the end it was my favorite DBZ character being an uncharacteristic chatter box and not Trunks talking was even more of a let down.

In case you didn't know, it was Vegeta talking the whole time.

Dragon Ball is done for.

I loved the series until some 8 years ago. It's time to let it go.

It amuses me how so many fan films begin In medias res and narration.

Is it me, or does Perfect Cell look like he needs to construct additional pylons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though they made Cell into a Predator, still better than Evolution. >.>

Really good visuals for an indie/fan film. Though it borrows ridiculously heavily from Man Of Steel. Still don't really think that Dragonball could be made into a valid narrative for film, while retaining the sum of its parts. It's too campy and silly to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It amuses me how so many fan films begin In medias res and narration.
    It feels quite auteurist when filming it and trying to add a sense of gravity I suppose. It's like this is your fandom - ~in real liiiiiife~.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    It feels quite auteurist when filming it and trying to add a sense of gravity I suppose. It's like this is your fandom - ~in real liiiiiife~.
    Haha! Yes, exactly. I love your phrasing here. Marvelous.