Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Taken from the Earthshrine #enhancement Discord channel. Crafted with love by Wordup:
    Thanks a lot friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightlax View Post
    The reason is because Stormstrike/Windstrike, Windfury/Windlash, Crash Lightning, and Lava Lash all trigger Hailstorm and Flametongue, in addition to those melee swings. I believe only Rockbiter and Boulderfist don't trigger FT/Hailstorm b/c they aren't "weapon attacks".
    It does make sense this way, at first I tought it was only from auto attacks!

Playing with Hot Hand, Hailstorm, Overcharge and Landslide. It is the most fun i've had with my shaman since WotLK, however, with this build am MS starved like half the time... makes me wonder why we need MS as a resource since we have a CD driven rotation anyway. Add Earthen Spike to the mix and what you get is full bar of spells but not enough MS to use them all on CD... its such a shame ...
    Last edited by Pantsless; 2016-08-27 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsless View Post
    Playing with Hot Hand, Hailstorm, Overcharge and Landslide. It is the most fun i've had with my shaman since WotLK, however, with this build am MS starved like half the time... makes me wonder why we need MS as a resource since we have a CD driven rotation anyway. Add Earthen Spike to the mix and what you get is full bar of spells but not enough MS to use them all on CD... its such a shame ...
    Thats the problem I'm having, even saving as much Maelstrom as I can, using Earthern Spike and Overcharge feels not optimal at all because I can't use my attacks on CD. Theres always one I can't use until a few seconds after.

Maelstrom costs are pretty steep overall compared to a lot of builder/spender specs. I don't feel I'm managing MS so much as stockpiling in hope of a proc. It's a bit odd.

Yeah, it was obvious that would happen back when they re-balanced maelstrom generation. Everyone was going on and on about how malestrom gen was too good and how it needed to "feel more meaningful" -- but they were doing so while taking nothing but basic passives + Boulderfist which was generating way more than it should have. If you were taking RB+ all actives, you werent swimming in malestrom but it gened enough to sustain itself. That doesnt mean that they should have nerfed malestrom.. it just means that they should also have reconsidered the malestrom cost of our talents because now if you take too many of the actives the rotation just breaks down and doesnt work. Earthen Spike, Sundering, Fury of Air, and Overcharge should just have their costs removed. 3 of them already have CDs attached to them anyway, and they could easily add one to FoA.
    Last edited by nazrakin; 2016-08-28 at 03:34 AM.

Yeah, we're kind of at a point where the rotation only really feels comfortable with a full suite of passives... I'd like to take FoA and Overcharge but I just feel resource starved when doing so. I actually like taking Empowered Stormlash despite how wholly dull it is simply because it's the only way to have enough maelstrom for Lava Lash to be in the rotation.

Speaking of which... Overcharge does nothing for AOE, right? Seems rather odd to me, since Tempest and Empowered Stormlash are both multi-target DPS gains. Lightning Bolt becoming Chain Lightning while the cleave effect from Crash Lightning is up seems pretty sensible.

i think overcharge also stops melee swing timer

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    i think overcharge also stops melee swing timer
    LB does reset your swings. If you take Overcharge it does not. They didn't want you to use LB in the rotation to fill the empty GCD you have with BF ... Makes you wonder why go through all this trouble, just to keep LB
    Last edited by Pantsless; 2016-08-28 at 06:00 AM.

LB does reset your swings. If you take Overcharge it does not. They didn't want you to use LB in the rotation to fill the empty GCD you have with BF ... Makes you wonder why go through all this trouble, just to keep LB
    Lightning Bolt is intended to basically be Enhancement's Heroic Throw if you don't take Overcharge. It's for pulling mobs while solo'ing content.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Lightning Bolt is intended to basically be Enhancement's Heroic Throw if you don't take Overcharge. It's for pulling mobs while solo'ing content.
    And they couldn't just increase the range of FlameToungue? Keeping LB as a ranged pull ability and then make it reset your melee swing timer so it's not used in your rotation, but then make a talent so we ca use it in our rotation... its a bit to convoluted IMO. We lost all abilities we shared with Elemental, except for LB so we can use as a ranged pull ... its just so hard to understand Blizzards logic sometimes.

Deleted
    And they couldn't just increase the range of FlameToungue? Keeping LB as a ranged pull ability and then make it reset your melee swing timer so it's not used in your rotation, but then make a talent so we ca use it in our rotation... its a bit to convoluted IMO. We lost all abilities we shared with Elemental, except for LB so we can use as a ranged pull ... its just so hard to understand Blizzards logic sometimes.
    Yeah, I rather would've kept Frost Shock (and lost FB).

I have no idea why they removed Shocks. Sure, they are now Elemental abilities but it is as easy as renaming it Frostbrand. And Flame Shock renamed Flametongue. IMO this is a huge lose in terms of flavor. Imagine this> you imbue Doomy with frost and through it at your target slowing it for x sec. YOu imbue Dommy with fire and through it at the target dealing x damage over 16 sec. This way we get to keep shocks but under the form of weapon imbues.

Also, I don't think having 4 different "on melee attack" damage abilities is interesting, considering one of the problems Blizzard acknowledge about Enhance was that we had to many sources of damage. But again, Blizzard logic is hidden to us poor mortals.
    Last edited by Pantsless; 2016-08-28 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea why they removed Shocks. Sure, they are now Elemental abilities but it is as easy as renaming it Frostbrand. And Flame Shock renamed Flametongue. IMO this is a huge lose in terms of flavor. Imagine this> you imbue Doomy with frost and through it at your target slowing it for x sec. YOu imbue Dommy with fire and through it at the target dealing x damage over 16 sec. This way we get to keep shocks but under the form of weapon imbues.

Also, I don't think having 4 different "on melee attack" damage abilities is interesting, considering one of the problems Blizzard acknowledge about Enhance was that we had to many sources of damage. But again, Blizzard logic is hidden to us poor mortals.
    Personally I don't miss shocks at all in Enh, and I far prefer the new flavour. It's honestly what I think of when I think melee shaman, as in like the unit in Warcraft 3. Melee attacks, wolf flavour, lightning and heals. I have no complaints about Legion Enh at all, it's an improvement in almost every way, I miss Fire Nova a little bit but that's it.

Flametongue wouldn't serve the same purpose because Flametongue has a cooldown.

I really hope we will be competetive in Legion, I want to play it right now

i got a quick small question about enhancement, should i use doom winds on cooldown or its better if i stack it with some procs like wind strikes ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpDead View Post
    i got a quick small question about enhancement, should i use doom winds on cooldown or its better if i stack it with some procs like wind strikes ?
    Generally on cooldown, you may want to hold it for a few secs for stuff like high priority adds, just situations in general when you want the on-demand burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Generally on cooldown, you may want to hold it for a few secs for stuff like high priority adds, just situations in general when you want the on-demand burst.
    What about Windsong?

Quote Originally Posted by Durnson View Post
    What about Windsong?
    Holding Windsong to sync with Doom Winds (unless it's for a super high priority target) is usually neutral or a slight loss overall. Never hold Doom Winds for Windsong, you hold Windsong for Doom Winds.