Quote Originally Posted by jon041065 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if his gear changed after the build yesterday or not, but it looks like lava lash was buffed quite a bit when lava dredger was removed.
    Lava Lash hasn't changed (still 480% weapon damage). Using Hailstorm instead of Fury of Air is much less maelstrom intensive (80M/min instead of 300M/min). That's 220M/min that you can spend on more Lava Lashes.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/32261

Those are the logs of the enhance streamer I've been watching. I'm not entirely sure if his gear changed after the build yesterday or not, but it looks like lava lash was buffed quite a bit when lava dredger was removed.

Stormlash's damage is also much higher and proccing often. Either blizzard is still working on making stormlash damage just a source of damage solely for the enhance player or are scrapping that as stormlash is showing up as a damage source for the other players in his groups.
    Damn, losing in healing to warriors feel bad.

I really think they should give us back the cata version of wolves being pets, with Spirit Hunt. (and the stun too now that we lose the one from Earth Elemental)
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Damn, losing in healing to warriors feel bad.

I really think they should give us back the cata version of wolves being pets, with Spirit Hunt. (and the stun too now that we lose the one from Earth Elemental)
    Isnt the Warrior self healing there to compensate for them taking 30% more damage than everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Lava Lash hasn't changed (still 480% weapon damage). Using Hailstorm instead of Fury of Air is much less maelstrom intensive (80M/min instead of 300M/min). That's 220M/min that you can spend on more Lava Lashes.
    That could be it. The log has hailstorm as it's own damage source but there could be an error occuring and the damage is being added to the other attacks themselves.

I didn't say anything about him using LL more often though. I was checking the average damage it did and not the total damage.
    Last edited by jon041065; 2016-02-19 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Isnt the Warrior self healing there to compensate for them taking 30% more damage than everyone else?
    Yeah, I wasn't saying this was imbalanced or anything, it just feels weird losing all the self heals we used to have, even tough most of the time it ended overhealing. i still thing that now we don't have elementals anymore that the wolves should become pets again, ever if only for the flavor of having the pet bar
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

That could be it. The log has hailstorm as it's own damage source but there could be an error occuring and the damage is being added to the other attacks themselves.

I didn't say anything about him using LL more often though. I was checking the average damage it did and not the total damage.
    Where are you checking the average? Bear in mind the log in which he used Lava Lash was in Vault of the Wardens which has an increased damage taken phase which will push that average up.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Where are you checking the average? Bear in mind the log in which he used Lava Lash was in Vault of the Wardens which has an increased damage taken phase which will push that average up.
    Just the damage done to only the first boss. Nitwit is probably right though.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...et=23&source=6

I really, really like the idea of stormbringer. As an Enhancement since WotLK, Lightning bolt has felt like the most consistent corner stone of our rotation. I love the idea of tying it back into our rotation with maelstrom as a burner. What worries me is the relative lack of synergy.

Tempest has huge synergistic links with other talents and artifact passives I.e.stormflurry, unleash doom, hailstorm, doom winds and flametongue. Stormbringer currently lacks that. In order for it to be worth it it either needs to have massive scaling or have these synergies also apply. I.e. stormbringer also gives a 30% chance for the lightning bolt to reproc off of itself.

It's such a good idea though, really makes me feel like they have people who know and love Enhancement working on the playstyle options.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will post some logs from me tonight, in 15-16hours from dungeons with different talents. But ok, dungeons benefit fury of air on trash, we will see on bosses.
    However noone is still discussing anything about "rotation".

The way i see it is, going at the target, (well thats one more thing, feral lunge is the talent for bosses attack but if you have a boss with many huge floor mechanics you prefer the wind jump)

Flametongue, Rockbiter X few times up when you get near 100 or lava lash procs (15maelstrom instead of 30cost) us. If you don't get lava lash cheap mode, use one stormstrike, build rockbitter and perhaps lava lash proc, use it and so on untill you get stormfury, So in general you need to have over 60 maelstrom especially when stormstrike CD is ready to clear.

I assume that having hailstorm will replace flametongue? or you can enhance your attacks with both of them? need to check it.

Fury of air, it should be checked out if it is still worthy of being used for single dps.
    doom winds should be used on cd

Ascendance when you know you can nuke for 15 seconds unhindered. Feral spirits..now thats tricky, i would prefer they sync with ascendance but they dont. I think we should reserve them after "pulls" on bosses and use them again when ascendance is ready again.

We still have bloodlust . thats cool :P

When you use the stones of fist at tier1, you definitely use flametongue then that first, rockbiter, then same "rotation" as the typical one.

I still havent checked windsong and
    i always use the passive 10% haste 10% swing attack talent. Especially at that tier i think the rockbitter enhancing ap is crap on low lvl gear. 10% haste is pure stat boost but x% ap from gear is not much as our gear is blue so ap is low. That talent might be the op talent at higher gear, i am sure there will be a threshold on that tier where you will swap to it.

What worries me is the relative lack of synergy.
    That is also what makes me very very annoyed with the "we went overboard and changed the whole spec". Because i don't see many synergies at this moment on the talent tree.
    We had echo of elements working perfectly with Elemental fusion, along being the most preferred priority for single and aoe.
    We had elemental mastery working good with primal elementalist and storm elemental

The way we dpsed was fun, it is very spammy at 740, with really few occasions of "hmm lets cast a bolt all are on cd" and the aoe we provided was unique in the way it affected the main target.
    It was op because the main target gets hugeloads of damage when he has 4+ extra adds on it getting nova'ed from all (i still remember my first kormrok mythic on the new guild where with normal+somehc gear i was second in damage on kormrok.
    BUT THAT IS GONE NOW!,. the uniqueness of our aoe is bye bye..
    Last edited by voskopoula; 2016-02-20 at 07:15 AM.

I'm not in alpha so basing this off watching a lot of streamed enhance testing.

Flametongue, Rockbiter X few times up when you get near 100 or lava lash procs (15maelstrom instead of 30cost) us. If you don't get lava lash cheap mode, use one stormstrike, build rockbitter and perhaps lava lash proc, use it and so on untill you get stormfury, So in general you need to have over 60 maelstrom especially when stormstrike CD is ready to clear.
    What lava lash proc are you talking about? The only one I know of is lava dredger and that's been removed as of the latest build. Also, if this is supposed to be the opener, that seems to be a lot more rockbitter than is necessary to maintain landslide assuming that you're using at least one of the 3 cooldowns that help generate maelstrom (doomwinds, wolves, ascendance) and you're losing even more damage trying to generate maelstrom when you should be trying to avoid being capped.

I assume that having hailstorm will replace flametongue? or you can enhance your attacks with both of them? need to check it.
    They can be used together.

Ascendance when you know you can nuke for 15 seconds unhindered. Feral spirits..now thats tricky, i would prefer they sync with ascendance but they dont. I think we should reserve them after "pulls" on bosses and use them again when ascendance is ready again.
    Delaying wolves will probably be a bad idea (boss mechanics aside) seeing that it's one of the maelstrom generator cooldowns and you would use stormstrike and lava lash ontop of losing the extra damage they do through the doomhamer talents.

I still havent checked windsong and
    i always use the passive 10% haste 10% swing attack talent. Especially at that tier i think the rockbitter enhancing ap is crap on low lvl gear. 10% haste is pure stat boost but x% ap from gear is not much as our gear is blue so ap is low. That talent might be the op talent at higher gear, i am sure there will be a threshold on that tier where you will swap to it.
    Landslide nets you a lot more damage compared to the other two talents on that tier according to the theorycrafting done by Wordup and others.

The way we dpsed was fun, it is very spammy at 740, with really few occasions of "hmm lets cast a bolt all are on cd" and the aoe we provided was unique in the way it affected the main target.
    It was op because the main target gets hugeloads of damage when he has 4+ extra adds on it getting nova'ed from all (i still remember my first kormrok mythic on the new guild where with normal+somehc gear i was second in damage on kormrok.
    We will still have the "aoe boosting our priority target damage" thing through the gathering storms talent on doomhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    Fire Nova is an awful spell. Crash Lightning isnt much better but it fixes alot of the issues with Fire Nova right now. Enhancement AoE now has zero ramp up time and does consistent damage on 2 adds vs 7 adds. Also like @jon041065 said the "reverse Fire Nova" trait in Doomhammer is pretty good.
    Now I didnt even mention Fury of Air and how amazing it is. If you want to talk about "uniqueness" the only other spell like it is Breath of Syndragosa

No on is talking about rotation because the basics are pretty intuitive and straightforward.
    Stormstrike on CD
    Use Stormfury procs
    Build MP with Rockbiter
    Keep up Flametongue
    Lava Lash to spend excess MP
    Last edited by Cornix0; 2016-02-20 at 09:25 PM.

That 'uniqueness' infringed on the rest of our identity prior to wod.

Now I didnt even mention Fury of Air and how amazing it is. If you want to talk about "uniqueness" the only other spell like it is Breath of Syndragosa
    More importantly it's BoS without a CD as I understand it, so can actually be managed properly rather than gutted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by ajc291 View Post
    Fire Nova is an awful spell. Crash Lightning isnt much better but it fixes alot of the issues with Fire Nova right now. Enhancement AoE now has zero ramp up time and does consistent damage on 2 adds vs 7 adds. Also like @jon041065 said the "reverse Fire Nova" trait in Doomhammer is pretty good.

No on is talking about rotation because the basics are pretty intuitive and straightforward.
    Stormstrike on CD
    Use Stormfury procs
    Build MP with Rockbiter
    Keep up Flametongue
    Lava Lash to spend excess MP
    Saying Enhancement AoE has zero ramp up time is an exaggeration. You need to build Maelstrom for crash lightning. You need to build up some excess for Fury of Air and maintain at least 5/sec to keep that rolling. You need to build up Maelstrom for Stormstrike and Lava Lash to use when you get the Crash Lightning buff. There's still ramp-up.

I don't think the fact that your spells have a cost and aren't free really counts as "ramp-up".
    As soon as you start AOEing, then it is at its maximum potential. That is what people generally mean when they talk about "ramping".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    theses are some pretty great videos im really like how the enh shaman looks witch i was really doubting it cause it got the doom hammer as i hate the doom hammer but looks pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't think the fact that your spells have a cost and aren't free really counts as "ramp-up".
    As soon as you start AOEing, then it is at its maximum potential. That is what people generally mean when they talk about "ramping".
    I would say it's more ramp-up than Live, which consists of two buttons: flame shock, and lava lash to spread it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I would say it's more ramp-up than Live, which consists of two buttons: flame shock, and lava lash to spread it.
    Debateable. You can have Flame Shock active before hand, but on the flipside you can also have Fury of Air active, they're both going to have two GCD openings (in an optimized AoE Legion Talent Build at least) to get started. Legion ramp-up however has the advantage of you only needing two targets to pre-setup your stuff which is more reasonable than current Fire Nova, which needs to have the adds ready to be spread to, and then detonated. It's a QoL issue at best though, I agree.

15+ Year Old Account
    there are many questions i cant answer from inside alpha yet. the priorities for me are not that clear unless enhancement has become so easy i just cant believe it and i feel i do something wrong or not optimal.
    I 100% believe there is something missing in alpha, if we have just ascenandance and feral spirits as cds that is very very sad for my gamestyle.

Deleted
    I 100% believe there is something missing in alpha, if we have just ascenandance and feral spirits as cds that is very very sad for my gamestyle.
    Outside talented stuff like Sundering/Ascendance, is Doom Winds and Feral Spirits not enough?

Deleted
    Looking at all the classes I'd say its apparent Blizzard are cutting down on the number of baseline big cooldowns. Generally speaking they dont add much gameplay as they're usually used on cooldown or stacked.