How do shamans end up doing a lot of burst aoe for pulls in m+ and the such? I cant seem to get that snap aoe going. I just got SA and Ive noticed a huge uptick in stormbringer procs so my question is for quick aoe pulls CL BF and just spam SS and hope for procs and keep CL from falling off? I guess to add on that should CL and BF be the only buffs i should worry about when aoeing?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Burst AOE for Enhancement pretty much just comes down to using Feral Spirits and Alpha Wolf.
    If you have some MS banked you can also follow up CL with a couple of LLs, but the dogs do most of the work.

FT and FB are also both applied by CL to every target hit. FT probably does not do enough damage to worry about, but you should at least maintain FB while aoeing (and of course, Landslide).
    If you are fighting a large number of targets, CL becomes a higher priority than SS even if you already have its buff (and it helps that you're almost guaranteed to proc SB when it hits a lot of enemies).
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-12-14 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Burst AOE for Enhancement pretty much just comes down to using Feral Spirits and Alpha Wolf.
    If you have some MS banked you can also follow up CL with a couple of LLs, but the dogs do most of the work.

FT and FB are also both applied by CL to every target hit. FT probably does not do enough damage to worry about, but you should at least maintain FB while aoeing (and of course, Landslide).
    If you are fighting a large number of targets, CL becomes a higher priority than SS even if you already have its buff (and it helps that you're almost guaranteed to proc SB when it hits a lot of enemies).
    Thank you.
    Is there a general tip or something to keep in mind when dropping CL? I wont lie i fumble around with placement getting it just right or should I not worry too much? I mean it does not cost a lot of MS to redrop when the cd comes up.
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.

As the floor dot only lasts like 6 seconds, it isn't really a huge deal if enemies walk out of it. Just make sure you're cleaving everyone you want to hit and it should be fine.
    The most important part is simply to make sure you are hitting at least two enemies to proc CL's buff!

much appreciated for the tip

well there goes hot hands being viable lol

- - - Updated - - -

so are we actually getting any buffs to offset the nerfs we are getting? twisting nether nerfed, boulderfist nerfed slight buff to rockbiter but the actually dmg done by the abilities you gain from choosing a rockbiter talent is still a nerf especially in aoe situations, foa got reverted back lava lash legendary got reverted back, how much damage are we losing on ptr? looks like we are gonna be a lot lower than we are now

Literally all of our non-talent spells (and some of the talented ones) are being buffed by 10%
    FoA is still stronger than live and cheaper than live
    Losing the 5% crit is a bigger nerf to Boulderfist than the cooldown increase was, you don't hit it on CD anyway and the number of casts per fight for people in raid gear with a decent amount of haste was basically the same
    Legendary retuning isn't a nerf to the spec because not all shamans have Twisting Nether, it's generally bringing the people that don't up in fact
    Lava Lash is still buffed so Hot Hand isn't still completely out of the question with Aikanu's (it was very strong on the PTR, it could easily still compete now)

You seem to have forgotten most of the changes and thus your interpretation of their overall effect is... lacking
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-12-15 at 02:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I was looking forward to the wrist buff and hot hands build seems like fire mages dodged the nerf hammer this time with there stupid legendaries despite those ones being the highest on the radar but blizz are slowly reverting the changes and buffing another making it great for execute. #blizzthings

how is lava lash buffed? and i might have missed some changes but only buffs i saw were last ptr where crash lightning got a buff

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    how is lava lash buffed? and i might have missed some changes but only buffs i saw were last ptr where crash lightning got a buff
    Lava Lash was buffed by 25% in literally the first PTR build.
    With things as they are, once you get the 4 piece tier bonus Lava Lash displaces CL entirely from your single target rotation. Without Aikanu's or Hot Hand.
    It does more damage than CL, and would have roughly twice the chance to proc SB, so once you have your 4 set it will become a much more regular part of your rotation.

This aura was added to Enhancement Shamans in the previous PTR build which buffs almost our entire kit, to allow them to move power out of talents and back into our baseline abilities.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-12-15 at 03:05 AM.

ahhk that aura would make things less dramatic than i had once thought

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    ahhk that aura would make things less dramatic than i had once thought
    Yes. Because we gained 10% flat damage increase with aura. But, we lost 5% damage with 5% flat crit nerf and lost another %5 damage with 5% crit nerf of Boulderfist.

On paper, it seems nothing changed.

IMO, for compansating that nerf, Windfury damage should be increased by 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgekhan View Post
    Yes. Because we gained 10% flat damage increase with aura. But, we lost 5% damage with 5% flat crit nerf and lost another %5 damage with 5% crit nerf of Boulderfist.

On paper, it seems nothing changed.

IMO, for compansating that nerf, Windfury damage should be increased by 100%.
    I'm not a mathematician but I'm pretty sure 5% crit does not equate to 5% flat damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    I'm not a mathematician but I'm pretty sure 5% crit does not equate to 5% flat damage?
    It equates

Deleted
    Isn't it sort of a big deal that that the Aura doesn't affect Stormstrike at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kompa View Post
    Isn't it sort of a big deal that that the Aura doesn't affect Stormstrike at all?
    Stormstrike already hits enough. If it stops being our number one damage source, they could easily buff the wdmg% by some amount.

It equates
    Not really. If you add the whole other Crit nerfs that hit all the melees, then maybe.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kompa View Post
    No, the aura does apply to Stormstrike. People didnt realize you have to hit "see more" to see the full list of spells being buffed. I think the only things not being buffed are Frostbrand and the 90 talents.

It equates
    No it does not, it sims about 2,5 to 3% damage.

Don't let facts get in the way of whining, after all speaking about stuff we didn't bother actually being informed about is what got the boulderfist change reverted, and that definitely wasn't a nerf or a bad decision or anything!

people were asking for that boulderfist crit nerf in the legion beta with slight buffs to the other two talents, they were suggesting it on these very forums lol