Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    More like not?

We're in a raid. The only time you're getting hit is the tank's dead. Do you mean application of lightning shield to the tank?
    Eh? I'm not following your reply. More like not what? Lightning Shield has a chance to do damage on your melee attacks, and doing damage to an enemy that hits you. But it's numbers are subpar from what I've heard. I want its damage buffed so it can at least compete with the other two talents.

Deleted
    I did 2 sims between the two rings and the dps diff is less than a 100 dps it seems.
    I might just be bad at simming and have done something wrong, but at this point I wouldn't know what since I simmed like I've always have.

What is a good tool to SIM gear with? I have a few pieces that are s high ilvl but stats aren't as great compared to what I'm replacing and want to simply see what's best. Can you do it on ask mr robot? I've never sim'd before so want to use something simple and easy to understand and follow.

My DPS has been terrible so far in raids, going from one of the top to one of the bottom feels bad man. I see logs and see other enhance shamans performing well so I'm defiantly doing something wrong. I feel like my rotation is fine. I'll enchant my gear, start using pots, flasks and food and see how that goes, it might help. My artifact path is f'ing horrible too. I kinda just did whatever as I wanted to level fast and I feel like paying the price now. Going to respec that too and see if it helps. But main thing is please help me with SIMing!

Quote Originally Posted by Menc View Post
    What is a good tool to SIM gear with? I have a few pieces that are s high ilvl but stats aren't as great compared to what I'm replacing and want to simply see what's best. Can you do it on ask mr robot? I've never sim'd before so want to use something simple and easy to understand and follow.

My DPS has been terrible so far in raids, going from one of the top to one of the bottom feels bad man. I see logs and see other enhance shamans performing well so I'm defiantly doing something wrong. I feel like my rotation is fine. I'll enchant my gear, start using pots, flasks and food and see how that goes, it might help. My artifact path is f'ing horrible too. I kinda just did whatever as I wanted to level fast and I feel like paying the price now. Going to respec that too and see if it helps. But main thing is please help me with SIMing!
    Link us your logs so we can further investigate. Also, a screenshot of your artifact-pathing might help out a bit.
    I dont know if AMR fixxed most of the problems I've had with it in the past (devaluing haste at certain levels; telling people to get rid off haste etc). Otherwise if you absolutely have no idea how to sim, you can use it; just dont trust it if it says to get to lower haste levels.
    I'm currently simming via the ingame Simcraft addon to get my information and then I just copy those into the simcraft client.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Hey thanks for your reply. I'll put up some logs and screenshots tonight when I'm home from work

Deleted

Simming is pretty simple once you know it.

Download the latest version of simcraft from http://www.simulationcraft.org/download.html

Download simulationcraft addon through Curse Client. Use /simc in-game to auto-generate your current profile from your equipped gear (it will generate the correct artifact traits too unlike armoury import). Go to the "simulate" tab in the menu and simply paste it there.

After that replace the gear pieces you want to compare and then /simc again to generate that new profile of your newly equipped gear, add a line of space between each profile within the same simulate window and when you press simulate it will come out and compare them. Comparing different profiles is as simple as just putting them one after the other in the same window within the simulate tab.

@Menc You can sim on AMR, don't have to download anything. Super easy. Load your character and click a button. Here's a crash course video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZU4do6cz7Y

Changing gear and talents just requires selecting them from a list, no text file editing or anything

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/run

Also, I'm not sure what @Darleth is referring to, still trying to figure that out. It's ok to remove haste if you're getting more mastery, which is generally a better stat for Enhancement. So far, I've run a couple dozen tests with enhancement and our gear suggestions do more damage when mastery > haste, than if haste > mastery. And there is no ratio that needs to be maintained, which we found when legion launched, and it looks like other theorycrafters recently started to agree with.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Thanks for all the replies guys.

@Darleth here is a SS of my artifact path (I just respeced it and fixed it) http://imgur.com/E7WkCl4

Here is a link to my logs from my H Cenarius kill tonight. I should call out that I haven't flasked, food buffed or potted in this kill so I know doing that will help with DPS. I'm just looking for any tips on anything I might be doing wrong because my DPS still feels low. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=161

Trinkets I used for Baton and the World Quest trinket which is ilvl 840 with Agi and Master on it. I have an 845 Spiked Counterweight and 835 Devilsurs Bite in bags so not sure if they are better replacements to what I have equipped. I'll most likley by myself SFF from the AH when an 850 ilvl one becomes available (currently 840 ilvl ones are going for 130k).

Deleted

@Darleth here is a SS of my artifact path (I just respeced it and fixed it) http://imgur.com/E7WkCl4

Here is a link to my logs from my H Cenarius kill tonight. I should call out that I haven't flasked, food buffed or potted in this kill so I know doing that will help with DPS. I'm just looking for any tips on anything I might be doing wrong because my DPS still feels low. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=161

Trinkets I used for Baton and the World Quest trinket which is ilvl 840 with Agi and Master on it. I have an 845 Spiked Counterweight and 835 Devilsurs Bite in bags so not sure if they are better replacements to what I have equipped. I'll most likley by myself SFF from the AH when an 850 ilvl one becomes available (currently 840 ilvl ones are going for 130k).
    Dont respec artifact, it is absolutely fine. Just put the next e points into weapon of elements.

Artifact is no problem. Minimal differences.

Deleted
    Is it me or is enhancement extremely squishy? I finally hit 110 and I feel like a paper bag.

Is that the mob stat hike from 109 to 110 or is the shaman really that squishy? Feels like I'm spamming healing surge all the time. It was the case when leveling also. On my rogue I had 0 such problems.

Deleted
    Yes its squishy, use aoe stun totem. You outgear everything pretty fast so with 840 normal mobs die eithin 1 to 3 GCDs.

Hello, do you think its better to reset my artifact power (lost about 24k) and go for Unleash Doom or leave it as it is?
    imgur.com/a/o8OM1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inwazja View Post
    Hello, do you think its better to reset my artifact power (lost about 24k) and go for Unleash Doom or leave it as it is?
    imgur.com/a/o8OM1
    I personally would reset if I somehow ended up in that situation but realistically, it doesn't matter if you're not raiding seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inwazja View Post
    imgur.com/a/o8OM1
    Unless I'm reading it wrong you'd be 1 short of Unleash Doom if you reset going by the cookie-cutter path. However, that path implies you do it first time and don't have the capability of going straight to Unleash Doom.

Unleash Doom alone is probably better than stormflurry or alpha wolf (in the current raid). So if you do reset now I recommend skipping one of those and going straight for unleash doom (which you can do now), and then getting whichever one you skipped straight after it.

I would definitely reset though, you're 6 points short of Unleash Doom compared to others and it does around 5% or so on average of your total damage. The high coefficient on AP cost increases means it's probably better to do now than later. You can get UD right now and not have many consequences if you follow the 2nd paragraph.
    Last edited by mmoc0df596f2b8; 2016-09-26 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyarai View Post
    Unless I'm reading it wrong you'd be 1 short of Unleash Doom if you reset going by the cookie-cutter path. However, that path implies you do it first time and don't have the capability of going straight to Unleash Doom.

Unleash Doom alone is probably better than stormflurry or alpha wolf (in the current raid). So if you do reset now I recommend skipping one of those and going straight for unleash doom (which you can do now), and then getting whichever one you skipped straight after it.

I would definitely reset though, you're 6 points short of Unleash Doom compared to others and it does around 5% or so on average of your total damage. The high coefficient on AP cost increases means it's probably better to do now than later. You can get UD right now and not have many consequences if you follow the 2nd paragraph.
    He has to reset, no question

I'll reset that,
    "Unleash Doom alone is probably better than stormflurry or alpha wolf (in the current raid). So if you do reset now I recommend skipping one of those and going straight for unleash doom (which you can do now), and then getting whichever one you skipped straight after it."
    okay, ill do that
    Last edited by Inwazja; 2016-09-26 at 08:54 PM.

Artifact is fine as far as I can see.
    As far as I can see you're missing a neck and back enchant. You didn't use pots which is a somewhat huge damage loss. Same goes for no Flask and Food.

I'm not seeing a lot of things that are off when I'm comparing your logs to mine, besides that I had way more procs, probably during Chrono Shard. One thing I'm seeing is that you were using a lot of Lava Lashs, probably because of having bad luck with procs which results in overall less damage done.

Devilsaurs Bite and Spiked Counterweight shouldn't be that much better. I'd recommend getting a SFF if you can get your hands on one.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

My simulations are saying that [Devilsaur Shock-Baton]ilvl840 is better than [Nature's Call]ilvl870.

That's right? 30ilvl of difference and still better?

tbh I find that hard to believe it just doesnt sound right .. double check the settings on your sim again ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post
    My simulations are saying that [Devilsaur Shock-Baton]ilvl840 is better than [Nature's Call]ilvl870.

That's right? 30ilvl of difference and still better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    tbh I find that hard to believe it just doesnt sound right .. double check the settings on your sim again ??
    iLvL has never been the most important for trinkets when it came to bad procs vs good procs. I tested 835 Shock-Baton vs 865 Nature's Call before and it came almost 7K lower.. pretty massive amount, although not quite the same as that.

iLvL this expansion in general is not as meaningful. Primarily for jewellry pieces since they have no primary stats, so unless they're haste/mastery they tend not to be even an upgrade rather annoyingly. However it also affects regular pieces as agility is only worth around 20% more than mastery nowadays, whereas in previous expansions agility was worth over twice as much as your best secondary stat, meaning ilvl upgrades were more meaningful in spite of whatever stats you had on it.

However, neither of those things should affect trinket sims in general. It's just a good trinket effect vs a bad one is a massive difference even with massive ilvl differences.
    Last edited by mmoc0df596f2b8; 2016-09-27 at 06:48 AM.